Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

2021 QB

BambooRdApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: 2021 QB

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:11 pm

SayYesToTheRock wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:40 pm
The Walker College of Business has a unique 1-year MBA program. I would encourage all our seniors to consider that graduate program should they wish to stay and play again in 2021.
Hmm, when you say "unique"... hopefully not similar to the "unique" classes that occurred over at The Hill for 20+ years 😁
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

TomA415

Unread post by TomA415 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:15 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:52 pm
yosef95 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:05 pm
I see Huesman and Gibbs as the 20 backups and I see them on the sidelines, but who do you see as the 21 QB? Anyone hear anything about that dual threat QB freshman from last yr?
I'm like many of the others that it will be Thomas or the winner of the Shuler/Tabscott battle.

The buzz going around is that most of our seniors are coming back as long as Zac Thomas returns. This team knows they can make huge waves next year and are very mad after the Marshall game.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I imagine that buzz is mostly fan created based on us knowing this year doesn’t count as a year towards eligibility.

I would love that. But doesn’t seem all too likely

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:17 pm

TomA415 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:15 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
yosef95 wrote:
I see Huesman and Gibbs as the 20 backups and I see them on the sidelines, but who do you see as the 21 QB? Anyone hear anything about that dual threat QB freshman from last yr?
I'm like many of the others that it will be Thomas or the winner of the Shuler/Tabscott battle.

The buzz going around is that most of our seniors are coming back as long as Zac Thomas returns. This team knows they can make huge waves next year and are very mad after the Marshall game.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I imagine that buzz is mostly fan created based on us knowing this year doesn’t count as a year towards eligibility.

What I heard has come from some people who are talking directly to our players. It is very likely we bring back several of these seniors. The question is not will any return but do we have to ask some players to move on in to the real world or transfer down because we probably can't financially keep every senior who would like to come back.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:10 pm

asu66 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:08 pm
DBG is still in the university student database and is still listed as a freshman. Sounds as if he'll be around at least until the semester is over. He'll need to attain enough hours to qualify as a first semester soph plus a min. 2.00 GPA to transfer anywhere other than to a JuCo or a CC.
DBG will not be on our roster after the fall. He is heading back west to go closer to home from those in the know around the team. I wish him well and don't blame him.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:12 pm

Tatedc wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:35 pm
Just out of curiosity is anyone in the know under the impression that Zach or anyone else would really consider this? I get he has 1 more year and I'd love to have everyone back. But doesn't seem realistic at all.
Why is it not realistic? They all have another year and none of our seniors have any shot at getting drafted right now, based on early play. They all need to do what is best for them but if they want a guarantee to play one more year of winning football then would think several will want to return. I expect some to return for sure.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:16 am

TomA415 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
yosef95 wrote:

The buzz from fans is really based on what one can call wishful thinking. The coaches have had conversations with the seniors, and probably their parents about the pros and cons of returning for an extra year. I also imagine that the coaches have a list of guys that they would recommend moving on, although I doubt those conversations would take place until after the season.

And before we get too far into the weeds with that, I recommend that we do not mention specific players that maybe should stay or go in this thread. People read this and none of us need to speculate on what Clark should be thinking.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:30 am

postalapp90 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:10 pm
Off topic but radio guys said Cole Garrison was accepted to medical school at UAB. First off congratulations to him and secondly would he be eligible to play for them next year since this is a "throwaway " year.
Assuming they extend the extra year to grad transfers, then I assume he'd be eligible. But I would guess med school is more of a full-time occupation than whatever master's program your average grad transfer seeks out to stay eligible.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:51 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:30 am
postalapp90 wrote:
Off topic but radio guys said Cole Garrison was accepted to medical school at UAB. First off congratulations to him and secondly would he be eligible to play for them next year since this is a "throwaway " year.
Assuming they extend the extra year to grad transfers, then I assume he'd be eligible. But I would guess med school is more of a full-time occupation than whatever master's program your average grad transfer seeks out to stay eligible.
1st year Med School and Div 1 Football don’t mix well together.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:56 am

Appstate88 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:51 am
EastHallApp wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:30 am
postalapp90 wrote:
1st year Med School and Div 1 Football don’t mix well together.
true that. congrats to him for that but I believe hes done with college football after this year.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:15 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:16 am
TomA415 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
yosef95 wrote:

The buzz from fans is really based on what one can call wishful thinking. The coaches have had conversations with the seniors, and probably their parents about the pros and cons of returning for an extra year. I also imagine that the coaches have a list of guys that they would recommend moving on, although I doubt those conversations would take place until after the season.

And before we get too far into the weeds with that, I recommend that we do not mention specific players that maybe should stay or go in this thread. People read this and none of us need to speculate on what Clark should be thinking.
Clark has to do what he thinks is best for the team. I have talked to someone in the media who has talked to a few seniors who said if Zac comes back it would sway their decision. They feel they can get redemption in 2021 and have the year we all hoped for before COVID-19 and Marshall game mistakes. Each player definitely needs to do what is best for them. I don't fault guys either way.

I'm hearing from NFL people that many coaches around the country are saying several seniors on their teams have inquired about returning next year and we should see a lot of free agent/tryout type players actually return for another year. For many guys if they are not a lock to get drafted and aren't going to med school or just ready to move on for football that this is a unique chance to have one more last ride.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:13 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:15 am
if Zac comes back it would sway their decision. They feel they can get redeption in 2021 and have the year we all hoped for before COVID-19 and Marshall game mistakes.
This. That Marshall loss is really sitting bad with these seniors. They know we should have won that game -- and pretty easily. Marshall is a good team, no doubt, but the film room showed so many mental mistakes that App football is not used to making.

Also, Zac's decision will be influenced by how many guys say they are coming back. I know for a fact the seniors are all talking about it together.

Lastly, the NCAA has said they will increase scholarship amounts for next season to cover the players wanting to come back. Our issue will be financially being able to cover those extra schollys -- so give to Yosef if you can!
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:14 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:13 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
if Zac comes back it would sway their decision. They feel they can get redeption in 2021 and have the year we all hoped for before COVID-19 and Marshall game mistakes.
This. That Marshall loss is really sitting bad with these seniors. They know we should have won that game -- and pretty easily. Marshall is a good team, no doubt, but the film room showed so many mental mistakes that App football is not used to making.

Also, Zac's decision will be influenced by how many guys say they are coming back. I know for a fact the seniors are all talking about it together.

Lastly, the NCAA has said they will increase scholarship amounts for next season to cover the players wanting to come back. Our issue will be financially being able to cover those extra schollys -- so give to Yosef if you can!
I was told a few guys have told Zac they are coming back if he comes back. They all want to be together. Is that basically how it is worded to you?

I hope we can cover those scholarships.

Hypothetical here. If we were betting on how many seniors return and I set the number at 8. Would you take the over or under?

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:22 pm

Just have to say if most of these guys come back and the school can afford it that would be awesome. How does this work with the school aspect? Does a guy who comes back have to still be active in school or in a graduate program? What if player A needs 3 hours to graduate? Can he basically hang out that semester, play ball and take one class then graduate in December?

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:29 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:14 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

I was told a few guys have told Zac they are coming back if he comes back. They all want to be together. Is that basically how it is worded to you?

Hypothetical here. If we were betting on how many seniors return and I set the number at 8. Would you take the over or under?
Yes, its a "if you will, I will" kind of situation. They all want to play with each other again. They know it's a special team.

I would go under on the 8 seniors staying. If I had to guess, I'd go with Hannon, Neuzil, Zac, Henni, Jalin, Malik, Jean-Charles. This is purely a guess though.

My understanding they would still have to be students.

**Edit** some news I just heard may change my answer to over.
tAPPedInSports.net

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:04 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:29 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

Yes, its a "if you will, I will" kind of situation. They all want to play with each other again. They know it's a special team.

I would go under on the 8 seniors staying. If I had to guess, I'd go with Hannon, Neuzil, Zac, Henni, Jalin, Malik, Jean-Charles. This is purely a guess though.

I would go over. 12-15 is my thought.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:22 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:04 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

I am now leaning that way too... Things have changed since my initial post...
tAPPedInSports.net

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:57 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:22 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:04 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

I am now leaning that way too... Things have changed since my initial post...
The downside is that 15 returning Seniors adds about 450k to the budget.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:38 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

It is funny you said that because I was going to guess over to begin with. I was going to guess 11-12.

This is just a guess but I am willing to bet that Brown found this out on Saturday and thought he would not touch the field in 2021. He wants to play immediately and that is why he has said what he has. Would you agree with that? If so, I don't blame him and wish him well.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:10 am

As great as it will be to have some of these guys back, personally I hope Huesman is not one of them. It's been great having him as the no.2 for the past three years but next year we are going to need one of the young guys getting those reps in practice or 2022 is going to be a rough year. Just my two cents.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:01 am

If we don’t start passing more Malik Virgil and Sutton will be somewhere else and maybe even Hennigan

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”