Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Arkansas St vs. ASU Game Thread

biggie
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

Re: Arkansas St vs. ASU Game Thread

Unread post by biggie » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:01 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:24 pm
So no one knows if there is a problem with Marcus Williams?
Everyone assumes the fumble was the problem.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:55 pm

I thought our lighting was better than in the past. Maybe ESPN adjusted the cameras better than in the past, but it looked brighter, and the “X” shadows were less prominent.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:13 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:55 pm
I thought our lighting was better than in the past. Maybe ESPN adjusted the cameras better than in the past, but it looked brighter, and the “X” shadows were less prominent.
I noticed that as well and that was one thing that had me looking at the camera work as camera angles and such has been a point of conversation on here as well.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:21 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:13 pm
AppinVA wrote:
I noticed that as well and that was one thing that had me looking at the camera work as camera angles and such has been a point of conversation on here as well.
I think we're stuck with those camera angles for, well, as long as we have the Athletics Complex. It doesn't bother me as much as, I guess, it bothers others.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:36 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:21 pm
AppinVA wrote:
I think we're stuck with those camera angles for, well, as long as we have the Athletics Complex. It doesn't bother me as much as, I guess, it bothers others.
I agree with you that with modern cameras I am sure a zoom is not a big deal and maintain good resolution. I would rather have the camera up high on the Athletics Complex versus a bit lower at the top of the stands and taking up four of five seats. And lighting is a situation in flux with the conversion to LED. I am sure that is something cameras have to deal with and will take care of itself with training, and more equipment that is designed to work with LED color output.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:48 pm

Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:36 pm
AppinVA wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
I agree with you that with modern cameras I am sure a zoom is not a big deal and maintain good resolution. I would rather have the camera up high on the Athletics Complex versus a bit lower at the top of the stands and taking up four of five seats. And lighting is a situation in flux with the conversion to LED. I am sure that is something cameras have to deal with and will take care of itself with training, and more equipment that is designed to work with LED color output.
I'm just talking out of my you know what, but I suspect we will get LED lights sooner than we might think, given their "green" qualities. Even given the money crunch, the University may make it a priority for that reason.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:37 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:48 pm
AppinVA wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
I'm just talking out of my you know what, but I suspect we will get LED lights sooner than we might think, given their "green" qualities. Even given the money crunch, the University may make it a priority for that reason.
As much as they run those lights it really it stupid to not convert over. The money savings in energy cost would be large I would think. LED is not good for astronomy but that is not a concern from the broader athletic and administration community on campus now for the Rankin observatory and DSO is far enough away from Boone that the concern is the SpaceX internet satellites messing up the view at DSO more than anything.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:46 pm

Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:37 pm
AppinVA wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

As much as they run those lights it really it stupid to not convert over. The money savings in energy cost would be large I would think. LED is not good for astronomy but that is not a concern from the broader athletic and administration community on campus now for the Rankin observatory and DSO is far enough away from Boone that the concern is the SpaceX internet satellites messing up the view at DSO more than anything.
I don’t know anything about that. I just like to see the different colors flash about during games — though I guess gold is the only color we could really use.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:39 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:46 pm
Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:37 pm
AppinVA wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

I don’t know anything about that. I just like to see the different colors flash about during games — though I guess gold is the only color we could really use.
I never think about the coloring changing aspect that would be possible. I just think about the energy savings with LED. But the color changing would make TD celebrations a bit fancier and the marching band could use that as part of a show for a late game.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”