Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

TEs

WVAPPeer
School: Other

TEs

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:42 am

I may have missed this during the break but is there any news about Henry Pearson? - Also, I believe I heard them say Zac Crosby was taken off on a cart? - Updates?
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

appstate77
School: Appalachian State

Re: TEs

Unread post by appstate77 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:53 am

Henry practiced and was available if needed. He should be ready for ULM. Crosby was taken off the field with help and back to the locker room. I think Coach Gibbs's grandson played in his place.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:00 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:42 am
I may have missed this during the break but is there any news about Henry Pearson? - Also, I believe I heard them say Zac Crosby was taken off on a cart? - Updates?
I think it is presumed that Crosby has a significant knee injury. Doubt we see him on the field again

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:02 am

The Rock wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:00 am
WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:42 am
I think it is presumed that Crosby has a significant knee injury. Doubt we see him on the field again
It is sad to hear. The good news is that we get Pearson back but the fact that Crosby's career may be completely over hurts. Prayers that he recovers quickly regardless of what his future football plans are.

ClimbTheMountian

Unread post by ClimbTheMountian » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:32 am

Prayers for Zac, yes!! Glad Henry healing up. Also, saw some good TE play by freshmen in Campbell game. Watched a lot of collegiate football yesterday, and it seems the use of the TE in passing game (seam, wheel route, flat, drag) were very popular and effective. Hope to see App use more TE in passing scheme in future. Seems some the young TEnds have the skill set based on high school careers. Best is yet to come.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:39 am

Typically, the TE connection is a middle of field idea. Although I agree that I would love to see us exploit middle of field with TE. Over last year and so far.this year, only seem to use for a trick play on 4th and short when D expects run. TD to Evans was a nice play and nice catch by the TE as ball was not perfectly thrown given how wide open he was. In regards to not using middle of field, I am not sure if this is do to not being a ZT passing strength, depth due to injuries at TE, or App St. overall philosophy on offense. Would love to see athletic pass catching TE exploit LBs.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”