Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Marshall Margin of Victory

mikeyosef
School: Appalachian State

Re: Marshall Margin of Victory

Unread post by mikeyosef » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:46 am

t4pizza wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:30 am
I just looked at the remaining schedule for Marshall, they should easily finish the season undefeated. I know sometimes we have a weak schedule but nothing compared to theirs this season. Thus far, we are the only team with a winning record that they have played. La Tech is at 3-3 and they are the next best team to us, everyone else is well below 500. And the next 3 are even worse, UMass, MTSU and UNCC. If they reschedule their game from this weekend, they would also have the powerhouse (sarcasm) of FIU that is currently 0-3 with a loss to a FCS team. The only real chance for a loss would be if the conference plays the championship game but I don't even know if they are and didn't care enough to look it up because even if they do it will probably be against UAB and they aren't that good either. I still can't believe we lost to those guys, with every day that passes it gets worse and is quickly approaching the Georgia Southern loss from last season especially if Marshall ends up representing the G5 in the NY6 bowl.
I feel your pain but I can't see any way Marshall ends up representing the G5 in the NY6 Bowl. As flat as our team was, we still should have won that game.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:35 am

mikeyosef wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:46 am
t4pizza wrote:
I just looked at the remaining schedule for Marshall, they should easily finish the season undefeated. I know sometimes we have a weak schedule but nothing compared to theirs this season. Thus far, we are the only team with a winning record that they have played. La Tech is at 3-3 and they are the next best team to us, everyone else is well below 500. And the next 3 are even worse, UMass, MTSU and UNCC. If they reschedule their game from this weekend, they would also have the powerhouse (sarcasm) of FIU that is currently 0-3 with a loss to a FCS team. The only real chance for a loss would be if the conference plays the championship game but I don't even know if they are and didn't care enough to look it up because even if they do it will probably be against UAB and they aren't that good either. I still can't believe we lost to those guys, with every day that passes it gets worse and is quickly approaching the Georgia Southern loss from last season especially if Marshall ends up representing the G5 in the NY6 bowl.
I feel your pain but I can't see any way Marshall ends up representing the G5 in the NY6 Bowl. As flat as our team was, we still should have won that game.
While I agree with you that we should have won the game and I don't think they are that good, the possibility still exists. For the NY6 game, it has to be a G5 conference champ so BYU is out. The other G5 teams ahead of Marshall have lots of tough games left to play, Cincy has Memphis this weekend and still has UCF and Houston I think. Memphis has already dropped 1 game and will probably lose another before the season is over. I expect the AAC to beat itself up and have a 2 loss champ. That leaves Coastal which WILL NOT be the SunBelt champs and neither will Louisiana. So unless they lose and we jump them, or someone from the MWC really impresses people in a limited season, Marshall could make it. I hope to hell not, but they could and after seeing their remaining schedule I expect them to be the only undefeated G5 in the country.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:17 am

t4pizza wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:35 am
mikeyosef wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
While I agree with you that we should have won the game and I don't think they are that good, the possibility still exists. For the NY6 game, it has to be a G5 conference champ so BYU is out. The other G5 teams ahead of Marshall have lots of tough games left to play, Cincy has Memphis this weekend and still has UCF and Houston I think. Memphis has already dropped 1 game and will probably lose another before the season is over. I expect the AAC to beat itself up and have a 2 loss champ. That leaves Coastal which WILL NOT be the SunBelt champs and neither will Louisiana. So unless they lose and we jump them, or someone from the MWC really impresses people in a limited season, Marshall could make it. I hope to hell not, but they could and after seeing their remaining schedule I expect them to be the only undefeated G5 in the country.
FWIW, the 2014 Marshall team that was in a similar position (undefeated, no P5 opponents) trailed 2-loss Boise State in the CFP rankings heading into the final week of the season. (They then got upset anyway.)

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:55 pm

I'd love a rematch.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:27 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:17 am
t4pizza wrote:
mikeyosef wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
FWIW, the 2014 Marshall team that was in a similar position (undefeated, no P5 opponents) trailed 2-loss Boise State in the CFP rankings heading into the final week of the season. (They then got upset anyway.)
Yes, the difference is that this years team will have a top 25 win against us and by the end of the season. I expect us to be Sun Belt Champs with only 1 loss and ranked in the top 25 which makes it a good resume builder for Marshall. I hope I am wrong but the more I look, the more I think it could happen.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:34 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:27 pm
EastHallApp wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:17 am
t4pizza wrote:
mikeyosef wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
Yes, the difference is that this years team will have a top 25 win against us and by the end of the season. I expect us to be Sun Belt Champs with only 1 loss and ranked in the top 25 which makes it a good resume builder for Marshall. I hope I am wrong but the more I look, the more I think it could happen.
Sure, it could. Big difference in both SoS and marketability between CUSA and the AAC, though. Doesn't help that they play so few games, either.

Doesn't bother me either way. I'd feel worse about losing to a mediocre team than one that winds up being really good.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”