Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

New Football Equipment Truck

HkyMtneer
School: Appalachian State

New Football Equipment Truck

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:20 pm

How have I missed the earth-shattering news that we now have a full-fledged 18-wheel tractor trailer to carry our equipment up and down the highways!?! I've longed to replace the little equipment truck for years...being admittedly "envious" of the "big-time" programs with semi's. No longer! Now, we get to wrap this big boy with great new graphics each season.

Edit: Had some issues uploading photos and since the link is provided in a reply below I'll just encourage everyone to follow that link to the photos.
Last edited by HkyMtneer on Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASU3432Mi

Re: New Football Equipment Truck

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:31 pm

I'd love to see the truck but can't get the images to load.

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:16 pm

We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

boonetown1

Unread post by boonetown1 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:13 pm

I don’t see a truck; just trailer. I assume we’re using a owner op to pull the equipment. Would be nice to eventually buy a truck

APPRIDE

Unread post by APPRIDE » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:12 pm

Is this not the truck & trailer that got stuck overnight in the road at the stadium as it was being made ready for the Marshall trip?

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:42 am

boonetown1 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:13 pm
I don’t see a truck; just trailer. I assume we’re using a owner op to pull the equipment. Would be nice to eventually buy a truck
You're correct...I guess I should have clarified. I just assumed that we have a tractor to actually pull the rig. The trailer is the most visible part of the "moving billboard" so I guess that is the part that got me most excited. I would also assume you're correct in that we're just renting a lift from an owner op when needed, as that would probably make the most sense, at least initially. I wonder if this was perhaps a donation, from Hollar & Greene or another company with a plethora of trailers and App ties?

App_in_Maiden

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:49 am

As someone who works in the transportation business, I’d love for our company to do business with App for these kind of needs. I see an App State wrapped box truck in Hickory often and it’d make it even more enjoyable to see our company sticker right under the hood.
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

AppStateFacts

Unread post by AppStateFacts » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:05 pm

I can’t see what your talking about even when I click the link?

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:04 am

App_in_Maiden wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:49 am
As someone who works in the transportation business, I’d love for our company to do business with App for these kind of needs. I see an App State wrapped box truck in Hickory often and it’d make it even more enjoyable to see our company sticker right under the hood.
That box truck you see around town (Hickory area) is our old equipment truck. It was loaned/leased/operated (not sure of the exact arrangement or details) from Barringer Moving & Storage. When it wasn't football season and up on the mountain it's around the Catawba Valley hauling people's stuff. I see it around occasionally as well...saw it moving a house down the street just a month or so ago. I'm guessing the new trailer is ours outright, hopefully.

App_in_Maiden

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:25 am

HkyMtneer wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:04 am
App_in_Maiden wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:49 am
That box truck you see around town (Hickory area) is our old equipment truck. It was loaned/leased/operated (not sure of the exact arrangement or details) from Barringer Moving & Storage. When it wasn't football season and up on the mountain it's around the Catawba Valley hauling people's stuff. I see it around occasionally as well...saw it moving a house down the street just a month or so ago. I'm guessing the new trailer is ours outright, hopefully.
We used to do business with Barringer, but I think we lost it to our competitor. Either way, love seeing the truck, just wish it had our(my companies) sticker on it.
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”