Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Georgia St Game Day Thread

hotrod2001
School: Appalachian State

Re: Georgia St Game Day Thread

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:56 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:22 pm
hotrod2001 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:44 pm
InFor6More wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:02 pm
Yosefus wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:25 pm
Ga State played well on D. I am wondering if the vanilla offense today may have been some sandbaging before next week? On the other hand it has not been a lights out offense most of the season. They'll have to click next week to be competitive. Defense will have their hands full keeping us in the game.
Go APP! PRAYERS FOR ZAC.
You beat me to it. I too am wondering if we used portions of this past week to install plays for Coastal. I sure hope that is the case.
Georgia State isn't a dumpster fire of a program either. Remember they took Louisiana to the wire and have been pretty formidable.

That said, why we kept trying to run the ball up the middle over instead of in the air is beyond me. You'd think after the 14th time we ran the RB into a blue and white wall we would have changed it up.
And they lost to Coastal by 51

Yes, doing that is dumb as hell. Not even close to being sold on our play calling. It leaves a lot to be desired, after the second series of being snuffed running up the middle, make adjustments.

Also, puzzling that Clark said he didn't know much about Coastal in post game interview.....What did they do during Covid break, go to Mother Fletchers, Holley's or PB Scotts? I'll bet Coastal knows a lot about APP. I'm guessing we could be a 2+ TD underdog on Saturday at #15 Coastal.
True, but Georgia State is kind of like the Sun Belt's answer to Elon...they REALLY want to beat us and keep coming up short, and just like Elon they're apparently maiming quarterbacks.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:57 pm

Ncmtn wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:31 pm
Took our QB being seriously hurt for this team to show any heart at all. Thats not great
This! I know ti es are weird, but i am concerned this staff has issues of getting kids ready to play. How many time do we play flat back to the bowl last year?

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:02 pm

mikeyosef wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:54 pm
Appsolutely wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:38 pm
Zac needs to sit, at least for a while.
Well, lucky you. Looks like the guy who chose to play for App will indeed be sitting for a while or maybe longer..What an FDA you are. I can't tell you the number of times I've heard Notre Dame and Clemson fans say how lucky we are to have him and how we would never have him now without the injury he suffered his Senior year. But NOOOOO, you MFs can't see what we have.. you have to wish he would F'ing sit for a while...Well, you dumb ass...looks like you got your wish. I am soooo tired of you f'ing idiots talking about athletes as if you know what the F you are talking about. Hope you feel satisfied.
STFU!!! You know thats not what he was talking about. Stop you punk
PM me! I'll be your huckleberry!

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:04 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:19 pm
I miss Drinks offense
He is part of the problem.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:48 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:22 pm
hotrod2001 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:44 pm
InFor6More wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:02 pm
Yosefus wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:25 pm
Ga State played well on D. I am wondering if the vanilla offense today may have been some sandbaging before next week? On the other hand it has not been a lights out offense most of the season. They'll have to click next week to be competitive. Defense will have their hands full keeping us in the game.
Go APP! PRAYERS FOR ZAC.
You beat me to it. I too am wondering if we used portions of this past week to install plays for Coastal. I sure hope that is the case.
Georgia State isn't a dumpster fire of a program either. Remember they took Louisiana to the wire and have been pretty formidable.

That said, why we kept trying to run the ball up the middle over instead of in the air is beyond me. You'd think after the 14th time we ran the RB into a blue and white wall we would have changed it up.
And they lost to Coastal by 51

Yes, doing that is dumb as hell. Not even close to being sold on our play calling. It leaves a lot to be desired, after the second series of being snuffed running up the middle, make adjustments.

Also, puzzling that Clark said he didn't know much about Coastal in post game interview.....What did they do during Covid break, go to Mother Fletchers, Holley's or PB Scotts? I'll bet Coastal knows a lot about APP. I'm guessing we could be a 2+ TD underdog on Saturday at #15 Coastal.
If we’re more than 2.5 point dogs I will be surprised.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:22 am

bcoach wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:04 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
I miss Drinks offense
Drink did everything in his power to destroy our culture. We are seeing the after effects now. Good thing is we have people in spots that realize it -- and are actively fixing it!
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:19 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:22 am
bcoach wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
I miss Drinks offense
Drink did everything in his power to destroy our culture. We are seeing the after effects now. Good thing is we have people in spots that realize it -- and are actively fixing it!

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:25 am

We are 6-1 and bowl eligible. We are undefeated in the conference and have the same record we had last year after 7 games, and our loss this year was to a much better team on the road than last year!s loss at home. The big game is next week and we all know it. Margins of victory aren’t important now; winning the next game on the schedule is.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:53 am

Culture seems fine, play calling is a much bigger issue.

ncman071

Unread post by ncman071 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:01 am

I have avoided posting here on game day threads just to avoid the general negativity I constantly see from so many posters....i just want to say 6-1 and 4-0 is pretty damn good considering the pandemic...the weirdness of the year...no fans in the stadium...oh and a 3rd consecutive year replacing a coaching staff...we have 4 very tough games coming up and I have all confidence in our players and coaches that we will continue to find ways to win. Yesterday was very frustrating watching our play calling on 3rd down...but I do know Clark is a winner and will evaluate their play calling and make better decisions. I hope Zac is ok but Huesman is a darn good QB and will get the job done. We have a chance at another since it title and have a wonderful opportunity to knock off 2 ranked opponents and get revenge on Georgia Southern. Im proud of this team and the coaches.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:08 am

I have all the faith in our players to execute the game plan and the plays called.

CCU will have the better play caller next Saturday enough so to overcome the disparity in talent. Prove me wrong OC, would love to eat crow.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:10 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:22 am
bcoach wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
I miss Drinks offense
How please?

App_in_Maiden

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:25 am

Was a frustrating game from an offensive standpoint, but we got the win and that’s all that matters. Play calling has to get better. While I agree our line got pushed around, it was like Georgia State knew the exact play that was being ran. There was a good amount of boos coming from the crowd at half time because of the play calling. I hope Zac is going to be ok. Still scratching my head at how they didn’t throw a flag.

Defense. Wow!! What a performance. If it wasn’t for them, that would have been an ugly loss. They played one hell of a game. They gave up the big run there at halftime, but as much as they were on the field, to hold them to 13 points was incredible.

All in all, wished I would have seen a better performance going into next week, but winning games like this is needed. They found a way to get it done. Let’s get focused and have a great week of practice and take care of the beach chickens. Go App!!!
Last edited by App_in_Maiden on Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:25 am

You guys in the “fire a coach,” “it’s the quarterback’s fault,” “the offensive line is getting manhandled” “why are we running the ball so much” category are missing two key realities: Our receiver corps and offensive line are significantly depleted by injury. How many teams could lose their top two receivers and not see a drop off? Three of our starting linemen are playing through injuries. Everything else we’re doing is an effort to mask those problems.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:33 am

I’ve watched GA St play for the fourth time yesterday. Their pass defense is one of the worst in the conference. The offensive game plan played to their strengths. To deny that isn’t rational.

Williams, Virgil, Wells, and Horn are more than enough talent to attack their pass defense.

We are masking offensive line injuries by running pound the middle with 9 in the box? Not making me feel better.

Yesterday was the perfect opportunity to use the short to medium passing game to open up the run. We are stubborn and not versatile in our approach. When we can’t run and open holes we don’t adapt. Marshall was the first time, yesterday same game plan.

If we run that plan out the next four weeks we go 2-2 at best.

We have the talent to win any remaining game.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:47 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:33 am
I’ve watched GA St play for the fourth time yesterday. Their pass defense is one of the worst in the conference. The offensive game plan played to their strengths. To deny that isn’t rational.

Williams, Virgil, Wells, and Horn are more than enough talent to attack their pass defense.

We are masking offensive line injuries by running pound the middle with 9 in the box? Not making me feel better.

Yesterday was the perfect opportunity to use the short to medium passing game to open up the run. We are stubborn and not versatile in our approach. When we can’t run and open holes we don’t adapt. Marshall was the first time, yesterday same game plan.

Perhaps you, Saint333, should apply for the next Appalachian State University football coaching position. If you aren't interested, perhaps some of the other members of this message board who appear to know more than our present coaching staff might be. I'll leave it up to you and/or your tailgating buddies to figure out if I am being sarcastic or facetious or not.
Last edited by NewApp on Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:50 am

BLACK SATURDAY

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:52 am

Saint3333 wrote:

And it looks like the stubbornness to go 0-4.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:55 am

Saint3333 wrote:

I agree but I have two thoughts
1. We also have to execute and something has been wrong with ZT for a while now.
2. Costal has beaten exactly 2 teams with winning records. Even with our crappy play calling we can beat them if we execute.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:00 am

NewApp wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:47 am
Saint3333 wrote:

Perhaps you, Saint333, should apply for the next Appalachian State University football coaching position. If you aren't interested, perhaps some of the other members of this message board who appear to know more than our present coaching staff might be. I'll leave it up to you and/or your tailgating buddies to figure out if I am being sarcastic or facetious or not.
Of all people to throw shade at someone else’s opinion and observations. There seems to be a time when you just shouldn’t respond.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”