Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Georgia St Game Day Thread

yosef69
School: Appalachian State

Re: Georgia St Game Day Thread

Unread post by yosef69 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:04 pm

AppStForMe wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:49 pm
Sorry I disagree about Shawn. I knew him when he coached at App and I know he loves App.
He coaches “hard”, that’s how he coached here. He wants to win and there’s nothing dirty about that.
People that say these things don’t know him personally and understand what his time with Jerry and coaching at App meant to his life.
He loved app at one point in time. Now he would stab us and twist the knife

AppStForMe

Unread post by AppStForMe » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:09 pm

mikeyosef wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:54 pm
Appsolutely wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:38 pm
Zac needs to sit, at least for a while.
Well, lucky you. Looks like the guy who chose to play for App will indeed be sitting for a while or maybe longer..What an FDA you are. I can't tell you the number of times I've heard Notre Dame and Clemson fans say how lucky we are to have him and how we would never have him now without the injury he suffered his Senior year. But NOOOOO, you MFs can't see what we have.. you have to wish he would F'ing sit for a while...Well, you dumb ass...looks like you got your wish. I am soooo tired of you f'ing idiots talking about athletes as if you know what the F you are talking about. Hope you feel satisfied.
I hope Zac”s okay and I’m thankful for what he’s done for App in the past.
That being said ... he was definitely not playing up to his potential this year. This game was terrible. I don’t see anything wrong with calling someone out when there not performing. And lastly...you don’t know what kind of f’ing. athletic or coaching experience anyone on the board has...it’s a forum dumbass it’s for options ...if you don’t like what your reading...........

appgrad2010

Unread post by appgrad2010 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:12 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:04 pm
AppStForMe wrote:
Sorry I disagree about Shawn. I knew him when he coached at App and I know he loves App.
He coaches “hard”, that’s how he coached here. He wants to win and there’s nothing dirty about that.
People that say these things don’t know him personally and understand what his time with Jerry and coaching at App meant to his life.
He obviously wants to win, who wouldn't? He would not twist a knife what an unintelligent comment. I guarantee some of you all on here are the same ignorant fans screaming when we are up 20 and don't score every possession or pretend like you know what is going on in the game. Especially the clueless lady in section 106 at the top, blonde lady always shouting ignorance.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:13 pm

mikeyosef wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:00 pm
AppStForMe wrote:
I always love to see our alumni do well and at one point I thought we made a mistake with Satterfield over shawn assuming Shawn was an option. Since then though I've talked with a O line player who do know hem and say he was an absolute dick and that most of his players couldn't stand him. I pocketed that then, but noted the shit eating grin he had on his face when his players took Zac out of the game...maybe forever and I have to say, I suspect his previous players may have been on to something. I mean, in the end there is a good reason he didn't get the job...OH and, there is NOOOOOO way he didn't want it.
Come on bro dial it down a bit. The posters who said zt needed to sit weren’t advocating he get injured. That’s unfair. Plus I don’t think Elliot pulled a karate kid and told his players to purposefully injure Thomas. I respect your passion but maybe dial back the conspiracies a little. Go app. We got the win!

AppStForMe

Unread post by AppStForMe » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:14 pm

yosef69 wrote:
AppStForMe wrote:
Lol...well he might have to keep his job

mikeyosef

Unread post by mikeyosef » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:14 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:02 pm
mikeyosef wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:54 pm
Appsolutely wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:38 pm
Zac needs to sit, at least for a while.
Well, lucky you. Looks like the guy who chose to play for App will indeed be sitting for a while or maybe longer..What an FDA you are. I can't tell you the number of times I've heard Notre Dame and Clemson fans say how lucky we are to have him and how we would never have him now without the injury he suffered his Senior year. But NOOOOO, you MFs can't see what we have.. you have to wish he would F'ing sit for a while...Well, you dumb ass...looks like you got your wish. I am soooo tired of you f'ing idiots talking about athletes as if you know what the F you are talking about. Hope you feel satisfied.
Unnecessary. He didn’t play well. Doesn’t mean we want him hurt. You’re the FDA
My apologies, I am really disappointed in the Armchair Quarterbacking going on on the board...were you at the game? From my seat in my LR, our Offense looked terrible but I couldn't see the whole field and I haven't watched G State play. My guess is, any Offensive problems we have are unlikely Zac's fault. To me we looked a bit flat, much like at Marshall...to win against Coastal, we will need to be much better.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:16 pm

yosef69 wrote:
AppStForMe wrote:
Wrong

mikeyosef

Unread post by mikeyosef » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:19 pm

Sorry boys, I'm a bit disappointed all the way around at how the game went and maybe a few beers in too many. I know you all love App football as much or more than me and I am sorry for going postal in my comments regarding the critique of Zac....I KNOW nobody on here wishes anything but the best for him or any App Alumni...period.

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:20 pm

Gutted out a win. Defense kept us in it and luckily didn't get worn down. Huesman played well and we finally got that chip on our shoulder when Zac went down. I'll take it.

However, we knew coming into this game that gsu could score points, stop the run and sack the qb. Bad game plan and execution almost got us beat. Not sure what to expect next week. I do believe that our defense will keep us in the game though.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

AppStForMe

Unread post by AppStForMe » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:26 pm

I also “know” an offensive lineman who played for Shawn... When we won at Michigan and during the AE years. We’re four generation alumni at App. He said Shawn was hard, fair and passionate but he loved App St football. Who wouldn’t give everything they had to beat there former team. I know he didn’t intentionally have his player hurt Zac.

Neer86

Unread post by Neer86 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:35 pm

mikeyosef wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:19 pm
Sorry boys, I'm a bit disappointed all the way around at how the game went and maybe a few beers in too many. I know you all love App football as much or more than me and I am sorry for going postal in my comments regarding the critique of Zac....I KNOW nobody on here wishes anything but the best for him or any App Alumni...period.

It takes a big man to apologize.

It takes an even bigger man to apologize on an anonymous internet message board. It's very, very rare, and I've been on many sports message boards since the 90's. I appreciate your passion and your apology. I know I've had had bad thoughts and posted things I regretted in my life.

Much like the posts on the Marshall thread, your post gives me further faith that our fan base is made up of good people, and imho, much better than a lot of message boards I frequent.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:41 pm

mikeyosef wrote:
Great post. We’re all Mountaineers here, supporting the team and players. Some are more vocally critical than others. I say crazy shit all the time!
YNWA

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:42 pm

Good to see things getting straightened out here. We're all super-passionate about App State football and with the amount of talent App has on offense this year, I think we just expected to see more production from these veteran players.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:42 pm

Good to see things getting straightened out here. We're all super-passionate about App State football and with the amount of talent App has on offense this year, I think we just expected to see more production from these veteran players.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:48 pm

Does anyone else feel reminded of last year's Southern game? Just couldn't do anything on offense, felt like we were slamming our heads into the wall over and over again. I'm begging for some shift in offensive scheme. Huesman presumably getting the nod against Coastal (again). I can't stop thinking about ZT, genuinely sad for him.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:58 pm

There’s been more than one first hand account of Elliot’s behavior after leaving App that ruled him out of any future head coaching jobs on the mountain. He may have given his all at one point, but some of the things I’ve heard, from multiple folks unrelated in anyway to one another, other than their love of App State, tend to make me believe them.
Give 'em hell!

boonetown1

Unread post by boonetown1 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:00 pm

I get we have some new RBs who are learning to run with patience in our stretch scheme, but we should have better production with the players we have.

To me this is on the coaching; largely playcalling. Up the middle, shot down field, run play doesn’t work. Teams know when to load the box and when to pressure. What happened to our play action /intermediate routes? Gets the QB in a rhythm and helps get the D to let up on the run. Offense seemed super frustrated in playcalling today.

Peterson has yet to show me a solid game plan outside of Arkansas State (which we had several weeks to plan for).

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:05 pm

AppStForMe wrote:
It might have meant a lot to him at the time. However, it doesn't any more. The things he does and says to try to flip recruits is unreal. Sure, every coach tries to sell against another school -- that's their job. But the jabs he takes are on a completely different level.
mikeyosef wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:00 pm
Since then though I've talked with a O line player who do know hem and say he was an absolute dick and that most of his players couldn't stand him. I pocketed that then, but noted the shit eating grin he had on his face when his players took Zac out of the game...maybe forever and I have to say, I suspect his previous players may have been on to something. I mean, in the end there is a good reason he didn't get the job...OH and, there is NOOOOOO way he didn't want it.
All 100% true. He did not turn the job down. Sure, he may tell you did, but he didn't.

Also, in regards to Zac's play so far this year. I don't believe it's on Zac. He was clearly frustrated with the play calling today. Very visibly so. Our O line hasn't been playing to it's caliber either (until they got pissed about the late hit on Zac). The main issue on offense has been poor play calling and poor O line play -- both things that can be fixed. Both things that rely on the other to be successful. Clark knows this and understands this.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Boonegoon

Unread post by Boonegoon » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:12 pm

I’ve watched this season with an entire box of salt due to all the Circumstances. First, 3 coaching staffs in 3 seasons. Second, Covid. Third, players opt out, lost whatever.
Of course, I want this team to continue it’s meteoric rise. But man, to be 6-1 , really sleepwalking through games, no fans, schedule changes. Whatever.
I hope that Thomas is ok, that the guys stay healthy and that’s about it. The rest is gravy

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:14 pm

Neer86 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:35 pm
mikeyosef wrote:

It takes a big man to apologize.

It takes an even bigger man to apologize on an anonymous internet message board. It's very, very rare, and I've been on many sports message boards since the 90's. I appreciate your passion and your apology. I know I've had had bad thoughts and posted things I regretted in my life.

Much like the posts on the Marshall thread, your post gives me further faith that our fan base is made up of good people, and imho, much better than a lot of message boards I frequent.
These two posts right here. An appropriate apology and faith in this fan base being made up of good people. Thank you both. I still have doubts whether the right pieces are in place to continue our domination of the SBC, but I never doubt that our App Alumni wish the best for these players and coaches.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”