Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Zac Thomas health update thread

Neer86
School: Appalachian State

Zac Thomas health update thread

Unread post by Neer86 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:16 pm

this is for updates that may come in at any time over the next few days...please update when you see info. This is a positive update in many ways, but let's keep Zac in our thoughts and prayers.

App State Mania
@AppStateMania
·
14m
Shawn Clark states that Zac Thomas being taken to the hospital is "precautionary," Zac spoke to Clark as he was leaving the field and had feeling in all extremities.

Rekdiver

Re: Zac Thomas health update thread

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:36 pm

I have no clue no speculation but his leg was really extended outward as he landed after the late hit that tarp. It made my artificial hip hurt. Hoping for the best for Zac.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:58 pm

I am by no means an insider and I would never come here giving out wild information I’ve made up but I’ve heard from a pretty reliable source that he’s ok. Was told it’s nothing serious. Again don’t quote me. Hope I’ve got the good scoop.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:16 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:58 pm
I am by no means an insider and I would never come here giving out wild information I’ve made up but I’ve heard from a pretty reliable source that he’s ok. Was told it’s nothing serious. Again don’t quote me. Hope I’ve got the good scoop.
I wouldn't say he's ok just yet. It may not be as serious as initially thought but he is still going through testing and examinations. Any time a player is taken off in an ambulance and isn't an apparent head/neck/spine injury, it's more than just precautionary.

He did have all feeling in his extremities which is, obviously, a good sign. But, he was in an extreme amount of pain and his hip was flexed a way it's not supposed to.

My guy is saying a dislocation that went back in (don't know if thats a thing for the hip?) but since the hip injury can be severe, they took him to the hospital to make sure nothing else was damaged. As I mentioned above, those tests are still on going.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:21 pm

Prayers for Zac, hope the young fella will be ok. Watching it it brought back terrible memories of what happened to Bo Jackson when his hip popped out of place and back in. Prayers it's nothing like Bo's injury.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:24 pm

Time will tell. Good initial report from Ethan.
https://journalnow.com/sports/college/a ... ssion=true

Prayers for... #12, #4, #95, #86, #18, #70 and all others.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:03 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:24 pm
Time will tell. Good initial report from Ethan.
https://journalnow.com/sports/college/a ... ssion=true

Prayers for... #12, #4, #95, #86, #18, #70 and all others.
Amen!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:26 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:16 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:58 pm
I wouldn't say he's ok just yet. It may not be as serious as initially thought but he is still going through testing and examinations. Any time a player is taken off in an ambulance and isn't an apparent head/neck/spine injury, it's more than just precautionary.

He did have all feeling in his extremities which is, obviously, a good sign. But, he was in an extreme amount of pain and his hip was flexed a way it's not supposed to.

My guy is saying a dislocation that went back in (don't know if thats a thing for the hip?) but since the hip injury can be severe, they took him to the hospital to make sure nothing else was damaged. As I mentioned above, those tests are still on going.
That is good to hear! Thank you for the update.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:31 pm

Zac has posted on Twitter (along with coach and Ethan), that he’s doing well and out of the hospital. Good news, it seems.
Give 'em hell!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:34 pm

MRI next to check for damage

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:02 pm

Can someone describe what happend and what the injury might be? Listening to the App radio broadcast and the gave no discription of the incident. I could not tell what happend not looking for gorey details just describing the hit and fall

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:16 pm

He was hit hard clearly out of bounds. He was running hard to get to the sidelines to stop the clock. The ga state guy hit him hard and he went flying. It didn't look like he hit anything but the ground but he was in the middle of the bench area so you just couldn't tell anything. He didn't move and was quickly surrounded by the staff
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:44 pm

Was lucky enough to be at the game. I could be wrong but from what I saw, and I had a pretty good view, he was hit out of bounds but I really think the injury took place because he stepped on a tarp on the sideline and lost control. When he hit the tarp his feet went out from under him. I have always hated seeing tarps on the sidelines. They are an unnecessary hazard.

GastonApp09

Unread post by GastonApp09 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:13 am

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:44 pm
Was lucky enough to be at the game. I could be wrong but from what I saw, and I had a pretty good view, he was hit out of bounds but I really think the injury took place because he stepped on a tarp on the sideline and lost control. When he hit the tarp his feet went out from under him. I have always hated seeing tarps on the sidelines. They are an unnecessary hazard.
I somewhat understand the need for tarps on non-artificial surfaces as they turn into mud with constant treading on, but why in the world do we need them on an artificial turf surface? I'm sure someone has a good explanation, but I can't think of a good reason.
Body stuck in Gaston County...heart stuck in Boone! Go Apps!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:33 am

GastonApp09 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:13 am
Mjohn1988 wrote:
I somewhat understand the need for tarps on non-artificial surfaces as they turn into mud with constant treading on, but why in the world do we need them on an artificial turf surface? I'm sure someone has a good explanation, but I can't think of a good reason.
I think that particular tarp is used for the team (special, offense or defense) getting ready to take the field. I believe the team uses it so that there is no issue with the players hitting the field quickly and reduces the issues of too few or too extra guys. Keeps them organized if I’m not mistaken.

mhhscoach32

Unread post by mhhscoach32 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:57 am

From a source close to the family who was at the game, CT scan came back good. Bad whiplash.
App State 15'
Lees-McRae College Assistant Director of Admissions
Lees-McRae College Assistant Men's Basketball Coach

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:12 pm

There were A LOT of prayers going up for QB1 yesterday. Glad to hear all preliminary reports appear to be good. Probability too soon to know for sure, but safe to assume Zac is out this week?

Side note: And I know some will agree and some will disagree. I’m done with Shawn Elliot. There are now multiple incidents of him showing his true colors. From the recruiting crap he tried when Satt was here and yesterday. Each year GSU’s players act like idiots. This year aside from the blatant late hit on Zac, they were cussing and yelling at the fans on the east side. On multiple occasions the coaching staff was right next to them and didn’t say a word. Every year we play them, we get the late hits, we get the classless behavior. As a former player and coach, I don’t mind the jawing on the field, but all the rest is trash. Many of us were giving Elliot a longer leash because he was one of ours. After today, I’m done with him. IMO he’s a jerk, plain and simple, and his team reflects him each year we play them. That is all.

Continued prayers for QB1!

GO APPS!!

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:18 pm

One post I read said he had some whiplash. I've had whiplash from a car accident. It is nothing to play with. Whiplash can affect you for weeks. Given the hip and the neck, I'm guessing game time decision, evolving into missing a game or two. From what I've seen of Jacob over the years, I'm not too concerned about the CCU game.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:33 pm

appstate24 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:12 pm
There were A LOT of prayers going up for QB1 yesterday. Glad to hear all preliminary reports appear to be good. Probability too soon to know for sure, but safe to assume Zac is out this week?

Side note: And I know some will agree and some will disagree. I’m done with Shawn Elliot. There are now multiple incidents of him showing his true colors. From the recruiting crap he tried when Satt was here and yesterday. Each year GSU’s players act like idiots. This year aside from the blatant late hit on Zac, they were cussing and yelling at the fans on the east side. On multiple occasions the coaching staff was right next to them and didn’t say a word. Every year we play them, we get the late hits, we get the classless behavior. As a former player and coach, I don’t mind the jawing on the field, but all the rest is trash. Many of us were giving Elliot a longer leash because he was one of ours. After today, I’m done with him. IMO he’s a jerk, plain and simple, and his team reflects him each year we play them. That is all.

Continued prayers for QB1!

GO APPS!!
Perhaps if we didn’t have a group of 4-5 students harassing the Ga State sidelines there would have been less interaction with the fans. Frankly, the Ga State players got in our guys heads on the field at times. They frustrated us for much of the game. And while the hit on Zac should have been penalized, it’s not as if our goys haven’t done the same in a game. I wouldn’t describe the hit as a cheap shot.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:47 pm

GastonApp09 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:13 am
Mjohn1988 wrote:
The one on our sideline is for special teams. Pretty common concept. The tarp has 11 spaces. The special teams unit meets at the tarp, fills up the 11 spaces and then they are sure they get 11 players on the field. If it’s something you feel the need to do there are better ways than putting a tarp down. At home you could simply have the grid painted on the turf. I think Georgia State had 11 X’s put down with duct tape. Just don’t like the tarps. Seen way to many guys coming off the field hot and hit those things and have there feet fly out from under them. If Zac does have a whiplash type of injury I would be 99% sure it came from hitting that tarp and having his feet go out from under him. In this cash it was one foot and he did a big time split. Just glad it’s looking like nothing worse.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”