Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Zac Thomas health update thread

Mjohn1988
School: Appalachian State

Re: Zac Thomas health update thread

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:02 pm

appstate24 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:12 pm
There were A LOT of prayers going up for QB1 yesterday. Glad to hear all preliminary reports appear to be good. Probability too soon to know for sure, but safe to assume Zac is out this week?

Side note: And I know some will agree and some will disagree. I’m done with Shawn Elliot. There are now multiple incidents of him showing his true colors. From the recruiting crap he tried when Satt was here and yesterday. Each year GSU’s players act like idiots. This year aside from the blatant late hit on Zac, they were cussing and yelling at the fans on the east side. On multiple occasions the coaching staff was right next to them and didn’t say a word. Every year we play them, we get the late hits, we get the classless behavior. As a former player and coach, I don’t mind the jawing on the field, but all the rest is trash. Many of us were giving Elliot a longer leash because he was one of ours. After today, I’m done with him. IMO he’s a jerk, plain and simple, and his team reflects him each year we play them. That is all.

Continued prayers for QB1!

GO APPS!!
I don’t know that I saw any dirty play from Ga. State. They did play with a lot of effort and passion. There was no doubt that they wanted to win the game. I think their play reflects Shawn”s passion for the game. I for one loved what Shawn brought to the table when he was a Mountaineer. That said I know nothing more about the man that what I see on game day.

App_in_Maiden

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:05 pm

hapapp wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:33 pm
appstate24 wrote:
There were A LOT of prayers going up for QB1 yesterday. Glad to hear all preliminary reports appear to be good. Probability too soon to know for sure, but safe to assume Zac is out this week?

Side note: And I know some will agree and some will disagree. I’m done with Shawn Elliot. There are now multiple incidents of him showing his true colors. From the recruiting crap he tried when Satt was here and yesterday. Each year GSU’s players act like idiots. This year aside from the blatant late hit on Zac, they were cussing and yelling at the fans on the east side. On multiple occasions the coaching staff was right next to them and didn’t say a word. Every year we play them, we get the late hits, we get the classless behavior. As a former player and coach, I don’t mind the jawing on the field, but all the rest is trash. Many of us were giving Elliot a longer leash because he was one of ours. After today, I’m done with him. IMO he’s a jerk, plain and simple, and his team reflects him each year we play them. That is all.

GO APPS!!
Perhaps if we didn’t have a group of 4-5 students harassing the Ga State sidelines there would have been less interaction with the fans. Frankly, the Ga State players got in our guys heads on the field at times. They frustrated us for much of the game. And while the hit on Zac should have been penalized, it’s not as if our goys haven’t done the same in a game. I wouldn’t describe the hit as a cheap shot.
Yeah there were 4-5 that started it that were sitting in section 111 on the front row. I saw a fan go down and talk to them about it because it was completely uncalled for. Our players were also doing it there late by flexing/jawing to their sidelines. Players talking trash to each other is going to happen, but as a fan, show some damn class.
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:08 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:02 pm
appstate24 wrote:

GO APPS!!
I don’t know that I saw any dirty play from Ga. State. They did play with a lot of effort and passion. There was no doubt that they wanted to win the game. I think their play reflects Shawn”s passion for the game. I for one loved what Shawn brought to the table when he was a Mountaineer. That said I know nothing more about the man that what I see on game day.
There were plenty of "dirty" plays from them yesterday. The play on Zac was NOT one of them. After a run by ZT the defender picked the ball up and threw at ZT(no flag), at least three different times after a tackle they slammed our player back into the ground. Then there was the last play of the game which was complete dirt baggery. I get you like Elliot and I'm not saying this stems from him, but every time we play them there is always extra curricular stuff from them.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:16 pm

Regarding Shawn Elliott: I've known him since 1990 when he was a high school senior and playing in the SCACA All Star Football Game. He was from Camden HS in Camden, SC and I was the athletic trainer for his North All Star Team. His attitude and passion for the game was evident then and it carried over to his play at ASU and his coaching. I don't think there is any malicious intent in his coaching and I will safely say that I don't think he'd ever condone dirty and/or cheap shots. That being said there probably was some woofing and yacking going on along with some naughty stuff but I don't think cheap shot describes it. From my viewpoint and from replays the hit on Zac was not a cheap shot but it was clearly late. For those who are "done with Elliott" I think you ought to re-think that. He's a really good dude and a Mountaineer who's done well for himself. Each year I'll root for him to win every game but one.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:27 pm

Well said, Mike (scatman).
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:43 pm

NavyApp wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:08 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
appstate24 wrote:

GO APPS!!
There were plenty of "dirty" plays from them yesterday. The play on Zac was NOT one of them. After a run by ZT the defender picked the ball up and threw at ZT(no flag), at least three different times after a tackle they slammed our player back into the ground. Then there was the last play of the game which was complete dirt baggery. I get you like Elliot and I'm not saying this stems from him, but every time we play them there is always extra curricular stuff from them.
It’s all good. No doubt they tried to intimidate our guys but I didn’t really see anything I would call “dirty”. As for liking Shawn, as I said, outside of what I’ve seen him do on game day I don’t know the man at all. All I really know is he was a good O line coach at App and he was the guy who brought the fire to the field on game day. A few days late but THANKS for your service and all the best to you and yours!!!!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:07 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:43 pm
NavyApp wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:08 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
appstate24 wrote:

GO APPS!!
It’s all good. No doubt they tried to intimidate our guys but I didn’t really see anything I would call “dirty”. As for liking Shawn, as I said, outside of what I’ve seen him do on game day I don’t know the man at all. All I really know is he was a good O line coach at App and he was the guy who brought the fire to the field on game day. A few days late but THANKS for your service and all the best to you and yours!!!!
on the kid throwing the ball back at Zac. When Zac got up, he backflipped the ball pretty hard and it hit the Ga. St kid. Normal reaction to throw it back. Not say ZT had intent with the backflip.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:13 pm

on the kid throwing the ball back at Zac. When Zac got up, he backflipped the ball pretty hard and it hit the Ga. St kid. Normal reaction to throw it back. Not say ZT had intent with the backflip.
[/quote]

I saw that also, it should have been flag on both.
Bring Your A Game!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:07 pm

I didn’t notice any obvious dirty plays by them. I can’t read lips but we appear to do our share of crap talking in games and we all know we have, over the years garnered many unsportsmanlike penalties. Goes both ways. I wish our head coaches over the years showed a bit more spirit on the sideline. It’s a game and should be fun.

TractorApp

Unread post by TractorApp » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:47 pm

I officiated HS football for 20 years and coached sub varsity HS for five. I also did some spring ball officiating for D2 schools in SC about 15 years ago. That said, I absolutely hate that the NCAA rule book apparently allows taunting, trash talking, and bringing attention to oneself after a big play, etc. The HS rule book expressly forbids these things and to my experience it is enforced. At least it was when I officiated. It is an embarrassment to have players acting the way they do as they represent our school. I don’t blame our coaches for this, my anger is at the people who are on the NCAA rules committee and the Sunbelt office. I don’t like it, it hurts the players in the long run to do it. It needs to stop. Play hard and play aggressive, heck, occasionally get a personal foul call for being over aggressive. But keep your mouth under control and show a little class out there.

TractorApp

Unread post by TractorApp » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:49 pm

I officiated HS football for 20 years and coached sub varsity HS for five. I also did some spring ball officiating for D2 schools in SC about 15 years ago. That said, I absolutely hate that the NCAA rule book apparently allows taunting, trash talking, and bringing attention to oneself after a big play, etc. The HS rule book expressly forbids these things and in my experiences it is enforced. It is an embarrassment to have players acting the way they do as they represent our school. I don’t blame our coaches for this, my anger is at the people who are on the NCAA rules committee and the Sunbelt office. I don’t like it, it hurts the players in the long run to do it. It needs to stop. Play hard and play aggressive, heck, occasionally get a personal foul call for being over aggressive. But keep your mouth under control and show a little class out there. If I want to watch bad sportsmanship I’ll start watching the NFL again.

mhhscoach32

Unread post by mhhscoach32 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:10 pm

He was sore today but other than that he felt fine. Going to run him through some tests & protocols today & tomorrow. #AppNation
App State 15'
Lees-McRae College Assistant Director of Admissions
Lees-McRae College Assistant Men's Basketball Coach

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:19 pm

mhhscoach32 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:10 pm
He was sore today but other than that he felt fine. Going to run him through some tests & protocols today & tomorrow. #AppNation
Great news, happy for Zac, scary moment.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:26 pm

TractorApp wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:49 pm
I officiated HS football for 20 years and coached sub varsity HS for five. I also did some spring ball officiating for D2 schools in SC about 15 years ago. That said, I absolutely hate that the NCAA rule book apparently allows taunting, trash talking, and bringing attention to oneself after a big play, etc. The HS rule book expressly forbids these things and in my experiences it is enforced. It is an embarrassment to have players acting the way they do as they represent our school. I don’t blame our coaches for this, my anger is at the people who are on the NCAA rules committee and the Sunbelt office. I don’t like it, it hurts the players in the long run to do it. It needs to stop. Play hard and play aggressive, heck, occasionally get a personal foul call for being over aggressive. But keep your mouth under control and show a little class out there. If I want to watch bad sportsmanship I’ll start watching the NFL again.
I refereed NCAA soccer at all levels for about 5 years after reffing HS and the obligatory youth leagues for 10 years. Taunting ( ungentlemanly conduct) would get you a warning and then a yellow card and a second one gets you tossed. The big difference with soccer is you can’t replace the tossed player!!!! I too don’t like excessive attention stuff in my 🏈 either.
Last edited by Rekdiver on Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:48 pm

scatman77 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:16 pm
Regarding Shawn Elliott: I've known him since 1990 when he was a high school senior and playing in the SCACA All Star Football Game. He was from Camden HS in Camden, SC and I was the athletic trainer for his North All Star Team. His attitude and passion for the game was evident then and it carried over to his play at ASU and his coaching. I don't think there is any malicious intent in his coaching and I will safely say that I don't think he'd ever condone dirty and/or cheap shots. That being said there probably was some woofing and yacking going on along with some naughty stuff but I don't think cheap shot describes it. From my viewpoint and from replays the hit on Zac was not a cheap shot but it was clearly late. For those who are "done with Elliott" I think you ought to re-think that. He's a really good dude and a Mountaineer who's done well for himself. Each year I'll root for him to win every game but one.
A guy in my neighborhood is a former Arkansas State player. According to him Georgia State is by far the dirtiest team in the conference and the one they hated playing the most. And yes he played against them while Shawn was the HC.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:45 pm

scatman77 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:16 pm
I have known him since 92 and I agree. He is a good man and I also root for him in all but one game.

app97

Unread post by app97 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:55 pm

I’m also wondering how serious Huff’s injury was. I guess N. Ross would start if huff can’t go.

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:22 am

Any word on Harrington? He was greatly missed on Saturday

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:29 am

DHarrington is out for the year - ACL, I hear
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:44 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:29 am
DHarrington is out for the year - ACL, I hear
Datrich harrington or Brendan harrington??

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”