Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Game Day Menu! (and game thread if no one starts one)

WataugaMan
School: Appalachian State

Re: Game Day Menu! (and game thread if no one starts one)

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:04 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:42 am
This season is still pretty much a freebie unless something has changed. It sucks to lose and I wish we could win every game and win the championship every season but damnit sometimes the other teams are able to coach pretty good and sometimes the other teams have some talent. Hell Clemson isn’t undefeated and quite possibly they won’t win the ACC this year. I wonder if the Clemson sky has fallen? It was the end of the world last year after Stink beat us. Teams win and teams lose.
There is still a lot to play for this season. I've had this feeling (a Nostradamus moment - LOL) for weeks, when it comes to the two front runners (Coastal and Louisiana), that we were not going to defeat both of them. However, at the same time, we're not going to loss to both either. We'll see in a couple of weeks. Anyway, defeat Troy, a ranked Louisiana, The Stink, and a bowl and I could see us finish around #25 of so. It's not over till it's over.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:15 am

WataugaMan wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:04 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:42 am
This season is still pretty much a freebie unless something has changed. It sucks to lose and I wish we could win every game and win the championship every season but damnit sometimes the other teams are able to coach pretty good and sometimes the other teams have some talent. Hell Clemson isn’t undefeated and quite possibly they won’t win the ACC this year. I wonder if the Clemson sky has fallen? It was the end of the world last year after Stink beat us. Teams win and teams lose.
There is still a lot to play for this season. I've had this feeling (a Nostradamus moment - LOL) for weeks, when it comes to the two front runners (Coastal and Louisiana), that we were not going to defeat both of them. However, at the same time, we're not going to loss to both either. We'll see in a couple of weeks. Anyway, defeat Troy, a ranked Louisiana, The Stink, and a bowl and I could see us finish around #25 of so. It's not over till it's over.
Absolutely! Of course there is a lot to play for this season. EVERY game is an important test and each win is a reason to celebrate in itself! Yes, championships are awesome, but we sometimes lose our perspective at times like this when we are understandably disappointed. Losing sucks, especially when we were capable of winning, but it is moments like this that ultimately provide the perspective to truly appreciate the championships that we win. The painful losses to Chattanooga and WCU in 2004 ultimately gave rise to the success in 2005. Personally, I think this year has been a learning experience for our new HC as well as the team, but I think we will reap benefits down the road. Maybe I'm delusional, but I see no reason to project this year into the future. There are just too many crazy variables in play, and I doubt we know all of them.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:05 am

Alter living through Mike Working I feel we've been playing with house money for decades....I'm not too upset....the 3rd transition in coaches and staff is tougher than we realize.

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:59 am

Rewatched the game and then took a look at the outcomes statistically.

We had more yardage. We had more first downs. We had the ball for 8 more minutes.

We lost as we all know from penalties, turnovers, big plays given up, and offensive efficiency. Another telling stat is QBR-ours was 37, theirs was 83. However, even being depleted at a few positions, without the mistakes we should have won this game. I guess this is what's so frustrating. We really beat ourselves in this game.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:16 am

I have chosen to bypass most of the negative stuff. But, I will just say that since the second half of the 2014 season and forward, this program...the players, coaches, admin, the football video crew even...have FAR exceeded my expectations.
We've lost two games this year to two really good teams and we very easily could have won both of those. We normally drop a few games each year...last year was special with just one loss.
So damn proud of our program. Especially amazing with all of the coaching changes...our future is even brighter...

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:27 am

Texas State upsets the Twitty Birds and we are back in business!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:40 am

Stonewall wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:27 am
Yep, and Tx State is better than their record. We've got to win out of course and they also face Troy which could be a loss. With injuries and Covid...you just never know what's going to happen.

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:55 am

Rick83 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:40 am
Stonewall wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:27 am
Yep, and Tx State is better than their record. We've got to win out of course and they also face Troy which could be a loss. With injuries and Covid...you just never know what's going to happen.
Interesting looking at Troys numbers for this season. We will be unanimous favorites, but knowing how the year has gone it is definitely not a given. The thing that is worrisome is that Troy is decent against the run....

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:53 am

Longrifle28 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:59 am

We had more yardage. We had more first downs. We had the ball for 8 more minutes.

We lost as we all know from penalties, turnovers, big plays given up, and offensive efficiency. Another telling stat is QBR-ours was 37, theirs was 83. However, even being depleted at a few positions, without the mistakes we should have won this game. I guess this is what's so frustrating. We really beat ourselves in this game.
We had such a lopsided statistical advantage at halftime that Coastal nearly erased in the 2nd half. They did what they've done all year, score on explosive plays. We certainly had an opportunity to win but only managed two FGs in the second half. I get the sentiment we could've/should've won but thats the sentiment of the losing side. We've won a few of those ourselves over the years, yet never doubted the better team won.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:28 am

hapapp wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:53 am
Longrifle28 wrote:

We had such a lopsided statistical advantage at halftime that Coastal nearly erased in the 2nd half. They did what they've done all year, score on explosive plays. We certainly had an opportunity to win but only managed two FGs in the second half. I get the sentiment we could've/should've won but thats the sentiment of the losing side. We've won a few of those ourselves over the years, yet never doubted the better team won.
I agree in close games that teams lose..the sentiment is often times we should have won. For Marshall game that watched on TV, I thought we should have lost and would have been lucky to win. For Coastal and watching live, I thought we should have won. If the pass is to TE on the drive we have with lead and not down left sideline, I believe the outcome would have been different. I get it... Would have, could have, should have.. But we didn't. Beat Troy!!
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:41 am

hapapp wrote:
Longrifle28 wrote:

I can't really disagree. The other team is out on that field to make us look bad and beat us. In years past we've been good enough to overcome mistakes for the most part. Just frustrating.

Appst86

Unread post by Appst86 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:19 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:05 am
Alter living through Mike Working I feel we've been playing with house money for decades....I'm not too upset....the 3rd transition in coaches and staff is tougher than we realize.
Wow! Had not heard that name in a long time. Remember the bumper stickers? "ASU football isn't Working".

App91

Unread post by App91 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:05 am

hapapp wrote:
Longrifle28 wrote:

Good bet is they will stack the box with 8-9, we will try to run up the middle. Bet the house on it!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”