Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

national tv chokers

appstate24
School: Appalachian State

Re: national tv chokers

Unread post by appstate24 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:40 am

Zac Thomas has the most wins of any active QB in FBS (and probably FCS). Get a grip people. Has he had some struggles, sure, the whole team has had their moments. Zac is a winner. Period.

GO APPS!!

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:42 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:54 am
Sounds like a bunch of spoiled UNC fans to me....you never build anything without some setbacks. Step back from the ledge. We aren’t UNC or Charlotte or Georgia Southern. #AppClass
Hold on now...I don’t necessarily disagree with you but think about this...who would know better about bad football coaching hires than UNC fans? Torbush, Bunting, Butch, Withers, Fedora...they’ve been so bad at it that the only hire they’ve gotten right in the last 23 years is a rehire of their last successful coach.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:49 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:18 pm
bcoach wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:49 pm
spacemonkey wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:02 pm
Yosef84 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:51 am
bcoach wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:38 am
I agree that the extra year of eligibility across the board was decided prematurely. That decision should have been made at the end of the season not the start. Most of the players will have played the best part of a season when all is done.
One problem is that, the decision was already made for winter and spring sports last year. I don't disagree that is might have been pre-mature and I'm afraid it's going to cause some complications for many programs like App who don't have the deep pockets.
It is going to be a tough decision for our coaches and staff. We only have so many positions on the team with scholarships. It may be that we have some seniors that decide to stay that have to choose if they want to stay without a scholarship.
My understanding is that everyone has been given the extra year so this problem goes on for more than just this year.
Exactly! This issue will roll on for the next 4 years. Coaches will have to set expectations based on player's desire, ability and the resources we have available. It could potentially impact opportunities for future HS graduates by reducing our recruiting class. It has a ripple effect that really wasn't considered.
Makes sense that everyone gets the extra year so a sophomore in the wings is still basically (for years of eligibility) still a sophomore next year? How exactly does it work for what might be a guy in his 6th year of school? The guys who redshirted their freshman year and are 5th year seniors this season would have the opportunity to come back for a 6th year? If they graduate this year do they have to enroll in graduate school in order to get that extra season? What if a guy finishes this year, say 3 hours shy of his degree. Is he allowed to play again and take one class, graduate in December and play ball? Or must he take a minimum number of hours? As far as the grad school avenue would a player have to get accepted into a grad program in order to be allowed to stay and play? I don’t think I’ve read anything laying out the school details for the extra year. Let’s also say that App is funding 85 scholarships this year and every player decides to play next year. Do we now add the 15 or so new spots for the incoming freshmen and fund 100? I agree with the comments that the NCAA kind of jumped the gun. It makes more sense to have allowed the extra year only if a team completely sat out the season. If we play 11 games and a bowl game that should be it. Maybe the guys who sat out should get the extra year.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:59 am

appdaze wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:19 pm
we had the two biggest chokes on the biggest stages in App history(in one year).
Careful with this opinion or the almighty Alex from BGP will tell you you can’t have it. I had this same take after the Marshall loss and got lit up like I gave up on the program.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:33 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:59 am
appdaze wrote:
we had the two biggest chokes on the biggest stages in App history(in one year).
Careful with this opinion or the almighty Alex from BGP will tell you you can’t have it. I had this same take after the Marshall loss and got lit up like I gave up on the program.
You two guys are an embarrassment for App Fans. You are the "chokers" as whinyass fans!

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:55 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
appdaze wrote:
Who is Alex from BGP?

HurricaneYosef

Unread post by HurricaneYosef » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:07 pm

COVID season gonna have an asterisk to whoever wins the sun belt. Zac Thomas will is an all time great and we should appreciate his final few games for us!

(we can still hope Coastal falls to Texas St and Troy to end the season :) )

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:59 pm

Glass half empty, glass half full, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Its the greatest thing about a fan forum board. Never worth getting personal.

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:32 pm

I stayed away from The Cabin until today and I know why. The sky isn't falling and we are lucky enough to be upset about a team that is 6-2 and riddled with injuries, playing during a Covid season. I have my doubts about how healthy Zac and alot of the other players are at this point but they are still battling. Regroup and get Troy.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:05 pm

JMappfan5 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:33 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
appdaze wrote:
You two guys are an embarrassment for App Fans. You are the "chokers" as whinyass fans!
Umm ok. Thanks JMapp. I can only guess you didn't read an ounce of my original post. Keep it classy champ. I stand by my statements.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:59 pm

AppState89 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:38 am
I can promise you that Zac is giving it his all. His HEART is and has always been in the games. This is his 3rd OC in three years and there are a lot of young WR playing now due to injuries. There are going to be mistakes with these new WR and the timing will be off from time to time. I doubt most of the seniors will be coming back next year. I wouldn't be surprised if next year will be another freaking COVID year again. There have been several posts above about the lack of a preseason, running practice in groups of 5 players and many players being in isolation during the season. This has been a mentally challenged season for the players and coaches.

Zac's heart is in the game and he is giving his all, I promise you that.
No offense but what does that mean? No one Is suggesting he’s shaving points. But his level of regression is pretty glaring. He also may be a fantastic kid, but this is a message board and used to fuss or critique the players and games. I feel like everyone is still an app/ app player fan at the end of the day. But these types of posts frustrate me. They seem to sort of guilt the posters on this board for critiquing his play. I’ll say it again. He’s playing poorly but more glaring is his body language. He seems completely checked out. And it’s the demeanor when things don’t go your way that shows. And that’s what shows

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:15 pm

I blame the fans for not wearing the proper garb while sitting at home on their rear ends for the loss. I bet most fans won't even wear gold sweatpants while covered in 2 day old cheeto's dust for away games... knowing very well that gold pops. These chokers likely sit bitching about not being rich enough to be part of the cheese and wine app nation allowed in Gov. Cooper's attendance. I get that, but at least have the decency to wear the dirty socks, lucky hat, or smuggle airplane bottles into your living rooms in order to win.

Losers complain about stellar student athletes not entertaining their fat asses properly.

Do you want to be a loser, or a part of App nation?

ebapps1

Unread post by ebapps1 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:15 pm

AppGrad1 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:43 pm
ZT screwed up trying to throw across his body down field to a receiver that had double coverage on him. He had a wide open man 8 yards in front of him. We win this game if he keeps the ball or tosses it to the open man.
When 2 equal teams play end of game mistakes can lose it for you.
As many as he has won for us this one is on him with the poor decision.
100% agreement! Zac has been making bad decisions all year. I've trying trying to figure out why he refuses to throw the ball away and keeps taking sacks.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:20 am

So, we won by 37 on national TV Saturday and no one wants to revisit this take? Weird.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:32 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:20 am
So, we won by 37 on national TV Saturday and no one wants to revisit this take? Weird.
I know, right? So, we're 4-2 this year so far on national TV and last year we were 7-1 on national TV. Chokers? Definitely not. Winning 79% of games on national TV so far over the last 2 seasons.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:35 am

Friday night is a great opportunity to knock off a ranked team on national tv, something tells me we get it done this time.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:46 am

People say foolish things in the heat of the moment. I’m not surprised by it, and it’s one of the reasons I tend to not visit this board at all for several days after loses.

Per the media guide (which doesn’t include 2020) App is:

ESPN: 9-4
ESPN2: 11-1
ESPNU: 11-4

I’m not taking the time to count the SS, CSS, PBS, local, and other networks.

It does appear that we are 1-1 on the Big 10 network.

All in all, this was a stupid thread.
Give 'em hell!

App91

Unread post by App91 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:22 am

Not going to argue the stupidity of the thread and would not have used the choke word at all. i think we have some eggs laid disappointing outings. Kinda like my thoughts on the flag decal on the helmet

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:03 am

BeauFoster wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:46 am
People say foolish things in the heat of the moment. I’m not surprised by it, and it’s one of the reasons I tend to not visit this board at all for several days after loses.

Per the media guide (which doesn’t include 2020) App is:

ESPN: 9-4
ESPN2: 11-1
ESPNU: 11-4

I’m not taking the time to count the SS, CSS, PBS, local, and other networks.

It does appear that we are 1-1 on the Big 10 network.

All in all, this was a stupid thread.
You beat me to it, we have touted for years, our amazing record on national tv. This year we had two games where we didn't make the plays to win against teams having magical years. While the jury is still out with this staff, we are having a decent year by App standards while enduring a lot including another new coaching group. The troy game showed more improvement minus the false starts.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:41 pm

Thank you to all the posters who I can only guess didn't even read the initial OP, didn't care, or just want to criticize anyone who speaks any ill of the program.

Troy was not a big pressure game and neither were the other TV wins. We had the two biggest games of the year slip out of our hands due to self inflicted errors. Were the other teams good, yes, but had we had half of our errors then both would have been wins. So yes, the two biggest games that we played on national TV this year we choked in. In my OP that you didn't read, I never said we didn't have a good record on national TV. Bringing up past TV wins is pointless since I was only referring to this year with those two specific games.

As I mentioned in the OP, we still have a great record even with all the craziness that has happened from coaching changes to Covid.

As I mentioned in my OP that you didn't read, we have had some issues that need to be remedied before they snowball. We have already fixed some it would seem. I think that is fantastic. I truly hope we can win out the season in all this mess.

As far as revisiting the take there isn't anything to revisit. Our two biggest TV games this year we choked. Again, I am really happy we beat Troy and I hope we win out, but that doesn't change what we already did.

Seriously, it is the same people on this board every time who crap on anyone who dares to criticize anything about the program. Why do you get on the internet if you can't handle people questioning things, let alone a sports forum? You can call my post stupid all you want since you won't call me out directly, if that is what makes you feel better. I'm sure I will get ripped and blah blah blah for this post as well and that is fine because guess what, its the internet. So continue to pile on and say whatever it is that makes you feel all warm and good inside. I'll still continue to pull for App through any ups and downs, criticize sometimes and praise others, donate when possible, cringe as I put in my credit card to pay Disney for espn+ to watch our games, and hope that we all make it through Covid so you can be embarrassed by me for years to come!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”