Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Seniors

Saint3333

Re: Seniors

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:32 pm

Look at the talent in that locker room and ask yourself are the best days behind us.

We have raised the bar in the conference, some are answering that bell with better talent and better coaching. Be proud of elevating an entire conference.

We will continue pushing forward and raising it again, enjoy the ride, going to be a good one.

AppState89
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by AppState89 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:15 am

Tatedc wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:48 pm
App91 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:17 pm
Sorry Saint, but this is a terrible loss. Its time to play the younger guys and see what we have to prepare for the future. 2020 gone.
I get it. But its important to win as much as possible because your results tend to cary over. If we lose out....then we teach the young guys to be losers. That being said, I would rotate in some younger OL in to give in game experience, and I would not let Zach Thomas touch the ball unless to close out games we are winning late in the fourth.
I just checked the roster again just to make sure, but we don't have a Zach Thomas on the team. We won't lose out, that's crazy as hell and guess you haven't been watching this team. SMH
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:41 am

proasu89 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:44 pm
pop5app wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:52 pm
Sloppy sloppy game. Looked just like every other game this year. Correctable mistakes , Continue to happen. Does not look like they will be corrected. We gave Drink the keys to a Rolls Royce and he produced the best result ever at APP. This year, with at least a Rolls, we got bubcus! We make to many mistakes to win any of our remaining games .
No denying we have made too many mistakes, by both the coaches and players. But, to say we’re a Rolls is downplaying that we’re down our top 2 RB’s, Sutton, Virgil, and basically Hennigan.
Perhaps, he meant a Rolls that was missing a tire and has a transmission stuck in 3rd gear. Clark didn’t have the same team today that Drink took into Williams Brice at the same point in the schedule last year. And if you compared the performance of the two O-Lines.....

Tatedc

Unread post by Tatedc » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:12 am

AppState89 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:15 am
Tatedc wrote:
App91 wrote:
Sorry Saint, but this is a terrible loss. Its time to play the younger guys and see what we have to prepare for the future. 2020 gone.
I get it. But its important to win as much as possible because your results tend to cary over. If we lose out....then we teach the young guys to be losers. That being said, I would rotate in some younger OL in to give in game experience, and I would not let Zach Thomas touch the ball unless to close out games we are winning late in the fourth.
I just checked the roster again just to make sure, but we don't have a Zach Thomas on the team. We won't lose out, that's crazy as hell and guess you haven't been watching this team. SMH
1. Zach/Zac. Sorry my phone autocorrected.

2. I do see the confusion in the wording of my comment. I was inferring we would lose out if we wholesale substituted all of our seniors and replaced them with inexperienced young players. That is why I argued for keeping the current seniors (minus Zac Thomas of course) in their roles, while slightly increasing playing time for underclassmen offensive lineman.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:24 am

Tatedc wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:12 am
AppState89 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:15 am
Tatedc wrote:
App91 wrote:
1. Zach/Zac. Sorry my phone autocorrected.

2. I do see the confusion in the wording of my comment. I was inferring we would lose out if we wholesale substituted all of our seniors and replaced them with inexperienced young players. That is why I argued for keeping the current seniors (minus Zac Thomas of course) in their roles, while slightly increasing playing time for underclassmen offensive lineman.
[/quote

Sorry, I misunderstood you about pulling all the seniors. We would lose out for sure as the next 3 teams we play are pretty good to good. I've never understood when we are up by 21pts or more in the 4th why we don't put in the backup QBs. All it takes it one play (Georgia Southern) and the starting QB is gone. Then you throw in a QB with pretty much no experience. I don't get it. Just like college basketball. If the team is up by 20pts with 5 minutes or so to go in the game, why not put in the subs to gain game time experience? Most coaches throw them in with 2 minutes or less.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:24 am

Remember, the Seniors have the option of returning next year and Sutton has already announced his intention to do so. Get Zac and Henni and Dietrich healthy, come into next year with the chip back upon shoulder and maybe, just maybe we'll look back on 2020 and see a free practice year for more Mountaineer greatness.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:23 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:12 pm
These seniors have four games remaining, three of which will not have any impact on the postseason play only pride.

I know this team will rally after this defeat to give some of the best and most accomplished players to wear the black and gold their best a proper send off.

Finish strong.
Great original post. The naysayer replies not so much. Given all that these seniors, including and maybe especially ZT, have given to App. St. they have right to finish what they started. I actually hope all seniors, including ZT, return next year as this year does not count against eligibility. As said on my other threads, I take ZT this coming week, rest of season and all of next year if fortunate to have him. Kid plays hard from what I saw from section 216. Great original post. Great ideas go south quickly with less than intelligent replies.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:24 am

Indiana’s quarterback looks pretty good.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:26 pm

I still say next year’s QB will be either Shuler or Tabscott.
Bring Your A Game!

stafford

Unread post by stafford » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:15 am

Can't all the seniors come back if they want? NCAA granted an extra year of eligibility.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:17 am

stafford wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:15 am
Can't all the seniors come back if they want? NCAA granted an extra year of eligibility.
In terms of eligibility they can, but the NCAA isn't paying for extra scholarships and our budget has been decimated this year so the question is whether we can pay for them to return, or if they are willing to return at their own expense (if we can't pay). This is going to be an ongoing issue since every player on the roster will now have an extra year (not just seniors).

stafford

Unread post by stafford » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:45 am

Haven't heard this possibility, but if a senior graduates, can they play their extra year of eligibility somewhere else as grad student? Or is the extra year of eligibility tied to the current school.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:52 am

Underachieving.

rbarthle17
Site Admin

Unread post by rbarthle17 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:21 am

But do they really only have 4 games left? Every single player was granted another season. How many will take grad classes and come back for 2021?

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:37 am

rbarthle17 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:21 am
But do they really only have 4 games left? Every single player was granted another season. How many will take grad classes and come back for 2021?
I don't think that decision rests with the players. The staff will have some say over who comes back. We know of several who are not coming back.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:41 am

stafford wrote:
Correct. Two of them have told the coaches that they won’t be back. One is going to Med School. The other is moving on with life.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:37 pm

stafford wrote:
They can, but it isnt free. IMO the NCAA screwed up with that decision. It will ripple down in recruiting for the next 4 years. Feel bad for those soph's and Juniors in HS right now, as spots may not be open for them like they were. We still have to pay for 85 scholarships and for every senior that stays, that means one has to come from another spot.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:01 pm

App91 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:37 pm
stafford wrote:
They can, but it isnt free. IMO the NCAA screwed up with that decision. It will ripple down in recruiting for the next 4 years. Feel bad for those soph's and Juniors in HS right now, as spots may not be open for them like they were. We still have to pay for 85 scholarships and for every senior that stays, that means one has to come from another spot.
I read a few articles this morning regarding the added year. Schools will have the option of carrying the added scholarships if they choose. Schools could, in essence have well over 100 football players on scholarship. Even if we have the money no way the school offers to pay for every senior. Every senior class has X number of guys who barely played during their careers. It sounds bad but I can’t imagine App offering to eat another year for every player who wants to return. As mentioned we have 2 already off the list. The main question I’ve asked is what are the academic requirements for the free extra year? If a player graduates this Spring can he still return and play without taking classes? Currently a player can get the extra year if he is in grad school and his school doesn’t offer that program.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:05 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:01 pm
App91 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:37 pm
stafford wrote:
I read a few articles this morning regarding the added year. Schools will have the option of carrying the added scholarships if they choose. Schools could, in essence have well over 100 football players on scholarship. Even if we have the money no way the school offers to pay for every senior. Every senior class has X number of guys who barely played during their careers. It sounds bad but I can’t imagine App offering to eat another year for every player who wants to return. As mentioned we have 2 already off the list. The main question I’ve asked is what are the academic requirements for the free extra year? If a player graduates this Spring can he still return and play without taking classes? Currently a player can get the extra year if he is in grad school and his school doesn’t offer that program.
To answer your question about next year, I have been led to believe that they either need to be on track to graduate or be in Grad School. By on track, I mean that they have to be on an approved path for either a second major or close to fulfilling their initial requirements. They can’t just stay to play.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:59 pm

I just hate to see the seniors go out this way. I’m not so much talking about the result of the season but rather things like playing in a basically empty KBS and not getting that shot at a couple of P5 programs. Just a bad situation.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”