Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Congrats to the Cajuns

ah59396
School: Appalachian State

Congrats to the Cajuns

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:48 am

I’m as disappointed as anyone but I’ve got say congrats to Louisiana for a good game and their first win over us. I’m a fan of their program when they aren’t playing us and I like the way they do things in Lafayette.

We can continue the grievances over in the game thread but I thought it’d be worth a tip of the cap and a clink of the cup to the Cajuns. Cheers.
YNWA

t4pizza

Re: Congrats to the Cajuns

Unread post by t4pizza » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:06 am

I really would agree with you if I thought they beat us, but again we beat ourselves. Every loss this year has been the same, sloppy play, penalties, fumbles, interceptions, missed field goals. It is a long list of self inflicted mistakes. I guess they do deserve credit for not making the same amount of mistakes, and coaching around the mistakes they continually made (final safety instead of risking another bad snap). At least their coaches saw what was going on and did something about it. So yeah, congrats ULL

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:08 am

t4pizza wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:06 am
I really would agree with you if I thought they beat us, but again we beat ourselves. Every loss this year has been the same, sloppy play, penalties, fumbles, interceptions, missed field goals. It is a long list of self inflicted mistakes. I guess they do deserve credit for not making the same amount of mistakes, and coaching around the mistakes they continually made (final safety instead of risking another bad snap). At least their coaches saw what was going on and did something about it. So yeah, congrats ULL
Yes we made mistakes but let’s not pretend like they didn’t snap the ball into orbit three times.

They tried their best to hand us the ball game and still won. On the road. That’s resilience.
YNWA

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:42 am

t4pizza wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:06 am
Taking the final safety was not good coaching. Napier gave us a shot that we shouldn’t have had. First, they threw an incomplete pass on third down and saved us a time out. Then, if you fear your long snapper that much (they had a back up warming up on the sidelines), they could have hiked it to Lewis in shotgun formation and he could have pooch punted the ball past midfield (we had no one back) and they would have had a five point lead.

Instead, they take a safety, have a two point lead and we get the ball ar the 40 (with a TO left).

I’ll give full credit to their players for dominating us in the third quarter and building the lead, but Napier almost gave away the win.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:26 am

First let me say congrats to Louisiana, I'm proud of our players same ol same of........

APP93

Unread post by APP93 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:23 am

I think they were the best team we played all year. If it wasn't for their long snapper this game isnt close.

I wish them luck in the SB championship game.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:59 am

Agree with the statement above. If not for the snapping issues we might have gotten thumped. We did nothing to establish an offense. They threw the ball way better and executed more often. We just really aren’t the juggernaut most have thought. I’m baffled at the many times we brought only 3 rushers, last night and in other games. That early play where Lewis had about 15 seconds was ridiculous. When is the last time a team had 2 safeties, 3 horrible special team snaps like that and won? They tried to give us the game and again we blew it! Staton has made a ton of kicks in his career based on becoming the Sunbelt points leader but he has two bad misses in home bad weather games that hurt- last night and Stink last year.

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:27 am

They won in spite of their coaching blunder at the end. They pull that on anyone else and they lose. We just couldn't take advantage of prosperity....
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:31 am

Congrats Cajuns. The best team won last night.
Law of averages, coaching and execution has caught up with us at last.

kickass143

Unread post by kickass143 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:32 am

Congrats to The Cajuns. See you in Lafayette next year Lord willing.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:36 am

Hard to congratulate them having watched the extracurricular shoulder drives on the ground they gave or the hand to the back of Peoples' neck to push themselves up off the turf. Frigging Noel was getting thrashed after the whistle continuously. Put that on the refs some, but Napier's hate for App shines through in how his players were coached for the night. Dont come at me with "toughen up cupcake". I believe in physical, smash mouth football played between the whistles, but that garbage after the play pisses me off. Yep, we got hit with a penalty for it too. But can say even after playing the game back, the ranked team got a little more grace than we did on what they got away with. Easiest way to fix that is "Be the Ranked Team." That unfortunately is not the case this year.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:42 am

I don’t dislike the Cajuns at all, and the SBC needs at least one decent team in the West. But I’ll congratulate them when they win the conference or their bowl game. Neither team should be proud of what we showed a national audience last night.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:24 am

APP93 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:23 am
I think they were the best team we played all year. If it wasn't for their long snapper this game isnt close.

It wasn't a good game. However, we got a grand total of two points off their three long-snapping disasters, so it didn't actually affect the score much at all.

Deliverance_People
School: Other

Unread post by Deliverance_People » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:28 pm

Thanks for the congratulations.
App State has been a thorn in our side since joining the Sunbelt, but a welcomed addition.
From one mans perspective, last night was as sweet a victory as ever, that includes bowl VICTORIES and our first top 25 win. I’m not rubbing it in, that’s how bad WE wanted this game. My wife damn near divorced me when that first snap went over the punters head, I lost it, couldn’t believe it.
App is our rival, at least to me, y’all take care, and let’s hope that we can tailgate and support our teams next year.
Also, I’d be ok with playing you guys once next year, in the championship game.

App89 - I’m never an A hole, get your server right!

ASU843

Unread post by ASU843 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:57 pm

Congratulations to Louisiana. No doubt in my mind they deserved to win the game. I hope they continue to have success for the rest of the year. We were beaten because we didn't execute on offense and we committed too many penalties. Not sure what the underlying problems are, but I don't blame the players. I'll leave it at that. I disagree about Napier. I think he is an excellent coach and I'll be surprised if he is there next year.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:59 pm

Deliverance_People wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:28 pm
App State has been a thorn in our side since joining the Sunbelt, but a welcomed addition.
From one mans perspective, last night was as sweet a victory as ever, that includes bowl VICTORIES and our first top 25 win. I’m not rubbing it in, that’s how bad WE wanted this game. My wife damn near divorced me when that first snap went over the punters head, I lost it, couldn’t believe it.
App is our rival, at least to me, y’all take care, and let’s hope that we can tailgate and support our teams next year.

My apologies if I mistook you for someone else.

Congrats on the win.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:15 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:24 am
APP93 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:23 am

It wasn't a good game. However, we got a grand total of two points off their three long-snapping disasters, so it didn't actually affect the score much at all.
I believe our first touchdown came off that high snap. While we didn't the get initial score, that possession lead to our first score.

Deliverance_People

Unread post by Deliverance_People » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:38 pm

ASU843 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:57 pm
I think he is an excellent coach and I'll be surprised if he is there next year.
I hope you’re wrong. We can pay him. Not sure if we can match the staff salaries and resources pool.
I really hope that he realizes he’s behind two eight balls in Florida and Georgia.
I’m reading that your old coach is back in the race.
I don’t think the USC job is that appealing, other than it being in the SEC. That all depends on people individual goals though.
I would continue to make millions for a few more years and bankroll that into THE DREAM JOB. Saban can’t coach coach forever and LSU might be available.
Just speculating and praying

Deliverance_People

Unread post by Deliverance_People » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:39 pm

appst89 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:59 pm
Deliverance_People wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:28 pm

My apologies if I mistook you for someone else.

Congrats on the win.
No sweat, I get it.

Good luck with the rest of the year.

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:58 pm

People think Napier is a good coach? Really? The way he tried to give the game away at the end was not good coaching. I wouldnt want him in Boone!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”