Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Coastal vs BYU

appstate5
School: Appalachian State

Re: Coastal vs BYU

Unread post by appstate5 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:56 pm

Any thoughts on the dirty play at the end of the 1st half? totally uncalled for and if I were BYU I would have been screaming for 94 to be ejected.

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:13 pm

I think some of us may have came out of the stands if that happened to our QB in Boone

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:45 pm

I saw a lot of extra curricular activities and jawing from the BYU team too. Two hyped up teams. Other than a play or two it didn't get out of hand.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:52 pm

appstate5 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:56 pm
Any thoughts on the dirty play at the end of the 1st half? totally uncalled for and if I were BYU I would have been screaming for 94 to be ejected.
I was surprised he was not ejected.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:58 pm

Longrifle28 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:45 pm
I saw a lot of extra curricular activities and jawing from the BYU team too. Two hyped up teams. Other than a play or two it didn't get out of hand.
Overall they got it under control but it almost got out of hand once when the teams broke into a fight among a few guys. It was lucky the benches got control instead of turning into a 200 man brawl.

The game itself was really good. If just 8 more seconds BYU likely wins but you never know. CCU coached and played a great game. Chadwell has now outcoached 3 teams who are slightly better than him to get a win. I think SC made a mistake in not hiring him.

If Chadwell somehow is hired by a P5 keep an eye on the floodgates to open for CCU. They have several seniors who seem set to not return and a couple juniors who want to declare, if their grades from the NFL are good. The TE Likely and the CB Strong both have talked to agents and are going to see where their stock stands. I also would have to think the DE 94 is going to weigh his options of declaring early as well.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:16 pm

Although we have seen some coaches terminated, it may be a lower amount of coaches looking for positions given financial constraints of athletic departments. The schools that have all the cash they need from boosters like Texas, to payout an existing coaches remaining salary may terminate coaches. Overall, I believe number of options may not be there. Some rising coaches may not get opportunities.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:35 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:16 pm
Although we have seen some coaches terminated, it may be a lower amount of coaches looking for positions given financial constraints of athletic departments. The schools that have all the cash they need from boosters like Texas, to payout an existing coaches remaining salary may terminate coaches. Overall, I believe number of options may not be there. Some rising coaches may not get opportunities.
That is exactly what made me say "if he is hired by a P5". I wonder if he has a shot at the Vanderbilt job? I also wonder if he would even take it with the possibility that many big time programs like Tenn, VT, USC, Michigan, Auburn, LSU, Texas, etc could come open next year.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:14 am

Longrifle28 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:45 pm
Not disputing your opinion, but what about when the benches emptied on to the field?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:47 am

Tip of the cap to Chadwell and his staff. Other than the aforementioned scuffle against BYU, they have been incredibly disciplined and free of penalties this season.

Also, since none of us was on the field it's difficult to know exactly what happened and who said what that led to the donnybrook.

Finally, Chadwell would've been great for the Gamecocks. Record of success on the field and a feel-good story to boot. But South Carolina refused to let common sense get in the way of hiring Beamer, who's resume is sketchy at best. What a mess.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:45 am

Bootsy wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:47 am
Tip of the cap to Chadwell and his staff. Other than the aforementioned scuffle against BYU, they have been incredibly disciplined and free of penalties this season.

Also, since none of us was on the field it's difficult to know exactly what happened and who said what that led to the donnybrook.

Finally, Chadwell would've been great for the Gamecocks. Record of success on the field and a feel-good story to boot. But South Carolina refused to let common sense get in the way of hiring Beamer, who's resume is sketchy at best. What a mess.
One can argue that Chadwell would have been a better hire, but I wouldn't describe Beamer's resume as "sketchy at best." He has far more P5 experience than Chadwell and has been under the tutelage of some very high profile head coaches. I have no real interest in SC or Beamer but folks act like they plucked some unknown guy out of the stands.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:50 am

appstate5 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:56 pm
No one likes to get pushed into the ground, so I understand the QB's frustration.

However when a QB throws an inception they should be taught to have their head on a swivel. Every defender is looking for a man to block on a return and a DL will pancake the QB and hold them down until the whistle blows. The defensive end let him up to hit him again before the whistle.

It was a hard football play that every fan of the QB would get upset about, but in the game of football you pancake your man on a block if you can and do so until the whistle blows.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:15 am

Not necessarily related to this game but i stated this when CC joined the SBC. They are concerning to me as a school who can rise very quickly due to the access to money that is in the Grand Strand area. Many retirees and quite a bit of wealth in the are, good sponsor opportunities and an area without football, from Wilmington down to Charleston. I could see people retiring there "adopting" the chants as the local team and increasing donor base. We will see what this rise looks like in a couple years, but it has me concerned.

app87

Unread post by app87 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:39 am

App91 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:15 am
Not necessarily related to this game but i stated this when CC joined the SBC. They are concerning to me as a school who can rise very quickly due to the access to money that is in the Grand Strand area. Many retirees and quite a bit of wealth in the are, good sponsor opportunities and an area without football, from Wilmington down to Charleston. I could see people retiring there "adopting" the chants as the local team and increasing donor base. We will see what this rise looks like in a couple years, but it has me concerned.
You hit it right on the head. Many retirees from the north are arriving in droves in the Grand Strand area due to COVID and have adopted CCU as their local team to pull for and donating big $ to the university and have no link to the bigger schools in the state. Out of proximity, these fans love a local winner (2016 baseball national champs, Dustin Johnson, and now football) and will not pull for the traditional Clemson or USC teams. I live in North Myrtle Beach and I will tell you that the sports conversation is not about the big schools but the little school out of Conway.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:55 pm

app87 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:39 am
App91 wrote:
You hit it right on the head. Many retirees from the north are arriving in droves in the Grand Strand area due to COVID and have adopted CCU as their local team to pull for and donating big $ to the university and have no link to the bigger schools in the state. Out of proximity, these fans love a local winner (2016 baseball national champs, Dustin Johnson, and now football) and will not pull for the traditional Clemson or USC teams. I live in North Myrtle Beach and I will tell you that the sports conversation is not about the big schools but the little school out of Conway.
It’s a fun and appealing destination as well.

Go play football at a rowdy school on the beach (yes I’m aware it’s not literally on the sand, it’s still the beach if you can be on the sand in 20 minutes from campus).

Pretty girls. Warm weather. Kind of a Daytona in the 80’s culture. There’s a lot of worse places for an 18 year old college football player to be. They could be a real force there.
YNWA

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:20 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:55 pm
app87 wrote:
App91 wrote:

Go play football at a rowdy school on the beach (yes I’m aware it’s not literally on the sand, it’s still the beach if you can be on the sand in 20 minutes from campus).

Pretty girls. Warm weather. Kind of a Daytona in the 80’s culture. There’s a lot of worse places for an 18 year old college football player to be. They could be a real force there.
Sounds like University of Nevada Las Vegas of the east...the running rebels.. Lol
Overall, we are a working person university. Although we do have some that have made it big, we do not have former TD Ameritrade ceo helping to pay or in Heels case pledging $25 million. We definitely need a sugar daddy or momma to open up an unlimited checkbook. Lol
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:22 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:20 pm
ah59396 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:55 pm
app87 wrote:
App91 wrote:

Sounds like University of Nevada Las Vegas of the east...the running rebels.. Lol
Overall, we are a working person university. Although we do have some that have made it big, we do not have former TD Ameritrade ceo helping to pay or in Heels case pledging $25 million. We definitely need a sugar daddy or momma to open up an unlimited checkbook. Lol
Meh! Not concerned yet. They are a lot like Western Michigan from a few years back and will fade the same. Just hope we are not on the path of fading into mediocrity as well.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:08 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:41 pm
NewApp wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:57 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:51 pm
NewApp wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:02 pm
Longrifle28 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:04 am

Yep. I felt the same way before they started playing. But the longer the game went on the better I felt about Coastal. They were double digit dogs but they showed up ready to play.

Wonder how the Chants would have done had they had to make the 2000 mi trip to Utah on relatively short notice.

Who cares? Obviously you were for BYU

Wrong. I was pulling for Coastal Carolina because we played them and they are in our conference.. You suk as a mind reader. Really suk.
So what’s your point then? You have got to be the most head scratching poster on this board. Oftentimes I read your posts and you seem harmless but then there are times like this weekend when you seem to be drunk or off meds or something and you are just arguing and stirring the pot with everyone. You seem really hung up on byu having to fly to coastal as if that’s the reason they lost. Several of your posts don’t sound like you were for coastal at all. And you are squarely locked into the Golden Boy Thomas camp of which his mistakes are everyone else’s fault but his own and his steady regression is something we will all continue to wish we had under center after he graduates. Riddle me this? We had three
Tough opponents this year and magically those were Thomas’ three worst games. Is that a successful recipe moving forward? If you want to just argue with people then say that on the front end
Seattle. I have scanned over many of these posts. Some place the blame solely on Peterson (whoever that is), some place all the blame on Zac, some place most of the blame on Shawn, some place the blame on our kicker for missing kicks, some blame the refs, some blame the weather, some diss the travel BYU had to do, some just blame play calling, some blame switching defenses, some blame not switching defenses, some even blame DG for hiring Shawn, some just say we were out coached, some blame the staff for not allowing Huesman to get more snaps
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:11 pm

Seattle. I have scanned over many of these posts. Some place the blame solely on Peterson (whoever that is), some place all the blame on Zac, some place most of the blame on Shawn, some place the blame on our kicker for missing kicks, some blame the refs, some blame the weather, some diss the travel BYU had to do, some just blame play calling, some blame switching defenses, some blame not switching defenses, some even blame DG for hiring Shawn, some just say we were out coached, some blame the staff for not allowing Huesman to get more snaps

For me, I just say it may have been a combination of all the above and more.

Sorry for the duplicate posts, they were inadvertent.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”