Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

SunBelt and Bowls

AppinVA
School: Appalachian State

Re: SunBelt and Bowls

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:31 pm

I had typed some big post waxing poetic about where we are and how I don’t want to go back into the pit. But I erased it, because I don’t want to debate this crap. That Appalachian folks would be warm to going back to a defined second tier frustrates, disappoints and angers me.

I don’t have another school — a “big school” — to follow. Appalachian is all I have. Appalachian is all I want. And I want her duking it out with the top names in college football as long as we can.

To those others. Just go pull for your big school and leave the rest of us the hell alone.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:46 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:31 pm
I had typed some big post waxing poetic about where we are and how I don’t want to go back into the pit. But I erased it, because I don’t want to debate this crap. That Appalachian folks would be warm to going back to a defined second tier frustrates, disappoints and angers me.

I don’t have another school — a “big school” — to follow. Appalachian is all I have. Appalachian is all I want. And I want her duking it out with the top names in college football as long as we can.

To those others. Just go pull for your big school and leave the rest of us the hell alone.
Thank you👏

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:11 pm

Evidently you missed this discussion with the GameDay guys? - I haven't heard one person on here advocate "going back" - this is an open discussion --- And by the way it won't be a decision made by APP or the fans - If the G5 conference officials approve it what are we going to do? - not play?
Lighten up a little - Geez
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:29 am

AppinVA wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:31 pm

I am with you...I only have one team. It is the only team I plan to pull for.
Here is what I would settle for. An 8 team CFP playoff that only takes the top 8 CFP selected playoff teams....As long as the next 8 teams have an NIT playoff that includes the top 2 g5 teams and the conference champ of all p5's that did not make the top 8 cfp.

This would give our teams something to play for.

P.S. I don't see why most of the P5 teams are signing up for this crap now....I guess the money. ( I really "know" the money)

This year it would have been for National Championship.
Alabama
Clemson
Ohio St.
Notre Dame
Texas A&M
Oklahoma
Florida
Cincinnati

NIT
Georgia
Iowa St.
Indiana
Coastal Carolina
UNC
Northwestern
Iowa
USC - In - Pac12 champ (Not ranked top 16)
*BYU - Out - 2 g5s already included (G5 only gets 2 spots) Cincinnati and Coastal
** CFP should have to pick all of these.

G5 Invitational - All G5 champs not mentioned above plus top rated G5 teams (No P5's)
Louisiana
UAB (ConfUSA Champ)
San Jose St. (MWC Champ)
BYU
Tulsa
Ball State (Mac Champ)
Liberty
Army

G5 coaches poll should pick these. I used AP poll.
We (G5) should agree to let these be weeknight games.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:08 am

It's amazing how many bowls have teams with bad losing records.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:35 am

Our basketball team can play for the NC if we make the Big Dance and the odds every year are long bordering on nearly impossible but the chance is always there. That being said if we don’t win the Belt but go, say 25-5 (normal season) we could grab an NIT invite. Most true fans would gladly accept that “prize” and if we made a run and won that tournament I guarantee folks would love it.

I’m a realistic person. I accept the fact that in my remaining lifetime App probably won’t all of a sudden become Alabama with a legit shot at winning the big one. I never realistically imagined that I would see our name listed in a legit top 20 ranking. That was awesome last year. If the playoff is extended to 8 teams the real chance of us reaching that point will still be remote unless a G5 has to be included. What I would like to see first and foremost is a change to predetermined alliances for bowls. I would think that if bowls were ranked with non playoff teams playing each other. If we reached a final rank of 16 perhaps we play the number 15 in a really good bowl game. Let’s say we finish a season 12-1 with a conference championship and are ranked at 16. Maybe we play 15th ranked 10-2 Auburn or whoever is in that slot. To me that’s a huge upgrade over what we have had for 6 years.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:57 am

Those posts are so refreshing, there's more consensus on this board on this topic than ever before.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:51 pm

Ten years ago few , very few if any could have predicted how far we would progress in that time frame.Ten years from now? The same or similar trajectory....don’t underestimate us.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”