• Birthdays
No politics means NO POLITICS! It's not open for discussion or debate. This will be the only warning.

Decision Announcements

Appstrong
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:24 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Decision Announcements

Unread post by Appstrong » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:55 pm

Thought I would go ahead and start a thread dedicated to announcing next year’s intentions from some of our players.




appstate24
Posts: 753
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:33 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 473 times
Been thanked: 406 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by appstate24 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:56 pm

The announcers mentioned Meech wanting to come back.

Please, let them be right!

GO APPS!!



BallantyneApp
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:33 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 201 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:06 pm

appstate24 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:56 pm
The announcers mentioned Meech wanting to come back.

Please, let them be right!

GO APPS!!
And that Hannon also won’t return so replacing at least 3 OL.

Wow



User avatar
BeauFoster
Posts: 5608
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:42 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: In a cubicle
Has thanked: 644 times
Been thanked: 837 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by BeauFoster » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:15 pm

Looks like ZT basically made it official, remarking “man what a career”


Give 'em hell!

Appstrong
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:24 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by Appstrong » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:22 pm

Not directly specific to a decision, but since the announcers mentioned this piece written by Kaiden Smith during the bowl game, I thought I would add the link. Includes something that might figure into his decision to stay.

https://view.email.sportico.com/?qs=fa8 ... ad06b88f31



AppinVA
Posts: 12303
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2000 9:41 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1982 times
Been thanked: 1742 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:35 pm

Appstrong wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:22 pm
Not directly specific to a decision, but since the announcers mentioned this piece written by Kaiden Smith during the bowl game, I thought I would add the link. Includes something that might figure into his decision to stay.

https://view.email.sportico.com/?qs=fa8 ... ad06b88f31
I don’t agree with everything he says, but Kaiden is one smart man. Wow.


"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

User avatar
proasu89
Posts: 1202
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:33 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 643 times
Been thanked: 409 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by proasu89 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:41 pm

Just spitballing, but feel like 5,9, and 13 are coming back, not to mention 2 who has basically said as much.



Appstrong
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:24 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by Appstrong » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:44 pm

We definitely have some creative guys on this team. Here is some of the work I believe Kaiden was referencing in his piece that was done on Taylor by Diarrassouba.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It wont let me post the full video on here. Its a documentary I did, giving more insight on App State football star Demetrius Taylor life as a person. First time doing it,but I hope yall like it anyways.Espically all the app state fans and almuni.Full video on instagram at soub_5 <a href="https://t.co/r46s06oKWa">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; Elijah Diarrassouba (@Soub_5) <a href=" 15, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>



t4pizza
Posts: 3428
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:00 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 616 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by t4pizza » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:47 pm

The biggest announcement that I want to hear is that Coach Clark decided to relieve our Offensive Coordinator of his duties, but I am very doubtful that will happen.



yosef95
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:19 pm
School: Appalachian State
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by yosef95 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:51 pm

Loved Zac Thomas. Gave us wins over Unc and Sc. If he is leaving...Who's out qb? I'd give my life for win over Ecu this fall.



Yosef10
Posts: 1511
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:15 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 264 times
Been thanked: 544 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by Yosef10 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:51 pm

proasu89 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:41 pm
Just spitballing, but feel like 5,9, and 13 are coming back, not to mention 2 who has basically said as much.
I’ll go out on a limb and add 51. Not a bad returning OL if he does.



AppFan11
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:22 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 130 times
Been thanked: 146 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by AppFan11 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:52 pm

Very nice and thoughtful article... congrats KS.



Appstate88
Posts: 1919
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 362 times
Been thanked: 945 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by Appstate88 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:59 pm

Corey will return.




appstate24
Posts: 753
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:33 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 473 times
Been thanked: 406 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by appstate24 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:07 pm

I’ll start by saying I would absolutely love it if Zac comes back, but assuming he does leave, I hope Huesman stays, he put the work in and I would love for him to get a year at QB1. Would also be a great bridge for the young studs we are grooming at QB.

Also, if ZT does in fact leave. We can’t thank him enough. What an incredible career. What an incredible winner, what an incredible gritty competitor. ZT is a Black & Gold legend and will certainly be remembered as such.

Thank you to ALL the seniors!!!

GO APPS!!



User avatar
Neer86
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu May 21, 2020 6:32 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 629 times
Been thanked: 193 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by Neer86 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:13 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:59 pm
Corey will return.

huge. He is a beast. Let's go Mountaineers!



Appstrong
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:24 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by Appstrong » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:23 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:47 pm
The biggest announcement that I want to hear is that Coach Clark decided to relieve our Offensive Coordinator of his duties, but I am very doubtful that will happen.
Not to derail the thread, but I heard the announcers during the bowl game say that Petersen was using APP’s offense instead of what he is used to running. Here’s to hoping his learning curve improves before next season.

It does make you wonder if a lot of the frustration that ZT displayed this season was a product of knowing how to do the job of your superior better than they could and being unable to do anything about it.



User avatar
appstatealum
Posts: 2570
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:45 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte/Gastonia
Has thanked: 2387 times
Been thanked: 1156 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:44 pm

Neer86 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:13 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:59 pm
Corey will return.

huge. He is a beast. Let's go Mountaineers!
He is an incredible talent. Very underutilized under Drink's tenure and sparingly under Satts run heavy offense. Depending on who is under center, don't be shocked to see one of the best WR performances we have seen from an App player next year.


The Appalachian State

User avatar
appstatealum
Posts: 2570
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:45 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte/Gastonia
Has thanked: 2387 times
Been thanked: 1156 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:49 pm

Appstrong wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:23 pm
t4pizza wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:47 pm
The biggest announcement that I want to hear is that Coach Clark decided to relieve our Offensive Coordinator of his duties, but I am very doubtful that will happen.
Not to derail the thread, but I heard the announcers during the bowl game say that Petersen was using APP’s offense instead of what he is used to running. Here’s to hoping his learning curve improves before next season.

It does make you wonder if a lot of the frustration that ZT displayed this season was a product of knowing how to do the job of your superior better than they could and being unable to do anything about it.
Zac had a lot of "mental hurdles" and preparation issues that came to rear their head these past 2 seasons. Zac is a great player, but really limited his potential with self inflicted issues. There were certainly environmental issues that influenced that, especially the coaching turnover.


The Appalachian State

Appstate88
Posts: 1919
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 362 times
Been thanked: 945 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by Appstate88 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:55 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:49 pm
Appstrong wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:23 pm
t4pizza wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:47 pm
The biggest announcement that I want to hear is that Coach Clark decided to relieve our Offensive Coordinator of his duties, but I am very doubtful that will happen.
Not to derail the thread, but I heard the announcers during the bowl game say that Petersen was using APP’s offense instead of what he is used to running. Here’s to hoping his learning curve improves before next season.

It does make you wonder if a lot of the frustration that ZT displayed this season was a product of knowing how to do the job of your superior better than they could and being unable to do anything about it.
Zac had a lot of "mental hurdles" and preparation issues that came to rear their head these past 2 seasons. Zac is a great player, but really limited his potential with self inflicted issues. There were certainly environmental issues that influenced that, especially the coaching turnover.
I think QB1 #12 ZT BAM BAM is moving on.



Appstate88
Posts: 1919
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 362 times
Been thanked: 945 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by Appstate88 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:03 pm

I’m guessing all in this photo are moving to their next chapter in life. Proud of all these Mountaineer men. They have taken us to the next level.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 358 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 355 guests

    Most users ever online was 1927 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:27 am

    Users browsing this forum: appstate24, AtlAppMan, GreatAppSt and 355 guests