• Birthdays
No politics means NO POLITICS! It's not open for discussion or debate. This will be the only warning.

Decision Announcements

User avatar
NavyApp
Posts: 1170
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:00 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: ENC
Has thanked: 2146 times
Been thanked: 929 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by NavyApp » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:12 am

Appstate88 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:08 am
AppDub wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:34 am
AppState89 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:37 pm
MAD Doctor wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:17 pm
Sutton, Hennigan, Virgil. Oh my!
Sutton, Hennigan, Virgil, Pickney, ...... (Baby Sutton), Wells

We are loaded!!!!!
Don't forget Brown coming in as well.
2021 App State signed - WR - Dalton Stroman has size and hands.
And don't sleep on Jaquon Lowman. All these guys returning may help him the most. Zero pressure to get on the field year 1 but just learn the position. Dude just looks special on tape.


FREQS AND GEEKS!

Appstrong
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:24 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by Appstrong » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:14 am

I’m not too concerned about the extra depth. We are less likely to burn a red shirt due to a string of injuries now. Recruiting probably just became a little harder as some high school players didn’t even a have a season this year and there are smaller sample sizes to assess. I imagine we can expect some recruiting “misses” in there that we will now have time to adjust for in the next few years. Of course all of this is assuming a lot of the underclass men don’t jump ship to transfer.



Yosef84
Posts: 2924
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:27 am
Has thanked: 511 times
Been thanked: 1391 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:30 am

Appstate88 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:08 am
AppDub wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:34 am
AppState89 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:37 pm
MAD Doctor wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:17 pm
Sutton, Hennigan, Virgil. Oh my!
Sutton, Hennigan, Virgil, Pickney, ...... (Baby Sutton), Wells

We are loaded!!!!!
Don't forget Brown coming in as well.
2021 App State signed - WR - Dalton Stroman has size and hands.
and Pinkney...the transfer from VT



User avatar
AppDub
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:52 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 247 times
Been thanked: 147 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by AppDub » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:33 am

Him too



User avatar
AppDub
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:52 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 247 times
Been thanked: 147 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by AppDub » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:34 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:30 am
Appstate88 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:08 am
AppDub wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:34 am
AppState89 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:37 pm
MAD Doctor wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:17 pm
Sutton, Hennigan, Virgil. Oh my!
Sutton, Hennigan, Virgil, Pickney, ...... (Baby Sutton), Wells

We are loaded!!!!!
Don't forget Brown coming in as well.
2021 App State signed - WR - Dalton Stroman has size and hands.
and Pinkney...the transfer from VT
Pinckney already mentioned



EastHallApp
Posts: 6067
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:34 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Raleigh
Has thanked: 2735 times
Been thanked: 2342 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:49 am

Appstrong wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:14 am
I’m not too concerned about the extra depth. We are less likely to burn a red shirt due to a string of injuries now. Recruiting probably just became a little harder as some high school players didn’t even a have a season this year and there are smaller sample sizes to assess. I imagine we can expect some recruiting “misses” in there that we will now have time to adjust for in the next few years. Of course all of this is assuming a lot of the underclass men don’t jump ship to transfer.
However, with the 85 limit apparently returning in ‘22, we’ll probably be forced to sign a smaller class anyway.

You make a good point, though. Wonder if schools will try to hold off on filling up early this year to get a look at the players’ senior year film (or at least possibly do some camps; don’t know if that will happen this summer).



AppSt94
Posts: 4847
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Palmetto, FL
Has thanked: 2210 times
Been thanked: 1362 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:52 am

AppState89 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:28 am
AppFan11 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:22 am
I’m glad for Huesman..... he is definitely a team player.
He is a team player for sure. Most kids would have left the team to play somewhere else. He and Zac are very close friends too. Jacob is such a good kid.
What’s more is that he and Zac are best friends. Collin Reed’s Dad was telling me about how they came to their house. He said their relationship, especially being QB1 and QB2 was unlike he had ever seen in all his time around football.



appfanz
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:32 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 134 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by appfanz » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:09 am

Deano wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:51 am
rbarthle17 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:44 pm
This is all good, it what about the other side of this coin? How many players do you think we will lose to the transfer portal in light of this?
The transfer portal has gotten so enormously filled with talent this year, unless you are a 4 or 5 star player or you've been promised a spot on some other squad, it would be stupid to enter it right now especially if you're a underclassmen. I hope the young kids see this and stick it out.
I read somewhere that there were more than 800 players in the transfer portal.



Yosef84
Posts: 2924
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:27 am
Has thanked: 511 times
Been thanked: 1391 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:13 am

AppDub wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:34 am
Yosef84 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:30 am
Appstate88 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:08 am
AppDub wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:34 am
AppState89 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:37 pm


Sutton, Hennigan, Virgil, Pickney, ...... (Baby Sutton), Wells

We are loaded!!!!!
Don't forget Brown coming in as well.
2021 App State signed - WR - Dalton Stroman has size and hands.
and Pinkney...the transfer from VT
Pinckney already mentioned
Oops! My bad!



User avatar
App91
Posts: 3650
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:28 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 480 times
Been thanked: 379 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by App91 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:41 am

Have not noted this mentioned, but i have to believe there has been a sit down to discuss budget for these players coming back. I know it does not count against numbers, but comes with cost. I would not believe we would be able to just open it up to whoever wants to come back. would love to know what that is like. Also, I would hate to have a HS junior or Soph right now. Those spots are going to be crazy come signing day. could really see some kids slide down and some left out altogether.



CoachRob
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:27 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 142 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by CoachRob » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:33 am

App91 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:41 am
Have not noted this mentioned, but i have to believe there has been a sit down to discuss budget for these players coming back. I know it does not count against numbers, but comes with cost. I would not believe we would be able to just open it up to whoever wants to come back. would love to know what that is like. Also, I would hate to have a HS junior or Soph right now. Those spots are going to be crazy come signing day. could really see some kids slide down and some left out altogether.
The worst are the high school seniors that aren't 3*/4*/5*. Many of them in multiple sports are sitting around waiting to see who comes back at different schools to know if there's a spot open for them next year or not. I have a couple seniors this year that are around FCS/DII skill area and there's nothing out there for them right now with all this mess. Coaches are telling them they have to wait to see what will be available. It's really hurting a lot of high school kids right now.



WASU 93
Posts: 671
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:51 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 314 times
Been thanked: 361 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by WASU 93 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:20 pm

CoachRob wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:33 am
App91 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:41 am
Have not noted this mentioned, but i have to believe there has been a sit down to discuss budget for these players coming back. I know it does not count against numbers, but comes with cost. I would not believe we would be able to just open it up to whoever wants to come back. would love to know what that is like. Also, I would hate to have a HS junior or Soph right now. Those spots are going to be crazy come signing day. could really see some kids slide down and some left out altogether.
The worst are the high school seniors that aren't 3*/4*/5*. Many of them in multiple sports are sitting around waiting to see who comes back at different schools to know if there's a spot open for them next year or not. I have a couple seniors this year that are around FCS/DII skill area and there's nothing out there for them right now with all this mess. Coaches are telling them they have to wait to see what will be available. It's really hurting a lot of high school kids right now.
It could spur a "cottage industry" where players go to Prep School for a year and delay enrollment into schools for a year while they take a Gap year and work on skills. You are obviously closer to the situation than I am, but with the money spent on Youth sports nowadays, somebody is going to see a business opportunity.



AppStFan1
Posts: 2978
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 142 times
Been thanked: 586 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:43 pm

Appstrong wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:33 pm
Smart move for him. He could really help his NFL stock.



User avatar
AppState89
Posts: 1227
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:22 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: High Point, NC
Has thanked: 343 times
Been thanked: 185 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by AppState89 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:47 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:43 pm
Appstrong wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:33 pm
Smart move for him. He could really help his NFL stock.
I think it is a smart move too. He was hurt pretty much all year. We only got to see that speed he has in the Georgia Southern game.


AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

Appstrong
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:24 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by Appstrong » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:04 pm

This adds more confidence to #8 returning next season.




User avatar
MAD Doctor
Posts: 2078
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:38 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 280 times
Been thanked: 1339 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:00 pm

8AEBD513-ACC8-4124-AFEE-60483BA1B8FB.jpeg
8AEBD513-ACC8-4124-AFEE-60483BA1B8FB.jpeg (89.29 KiB) Viewed 904 times



Mjohn1988
Posts: 973
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 10:10 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 144 times
Been thanked: 654 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:40 pm

I see a lot of folks concerned about losing good players because seniors are staying another year. My solution as a coach would be a really deep rotation and my seniors would have known this ahead of time. Let’s build some serious depth.



kornegaylw
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:04 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 131 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by kornegaylw » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:07 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:40 pm
I see a lot of folks concerned about losing good players because seniors are staying another year. My solution as a coach would be a really deep rotation and my seniors would have known this ahead of time. Let’s build some serious depth.
As long as the coaches made it clear returning seniors had to split playing time with young guys the only position that would be affected by your concern is QB and we have a whole different thread about that lol



TheAppalachianState
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:47 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by TheAppalachianState » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:10 pm

Not that this is relevant to players decisions, but I read on Twitter some users saying TP to Illinois? I have 0 sources on this info, do any insiders on this forum know if this has any weight or just phony rumors?



The Rock
Posts: 1593
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:11 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 718 times

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by The Rock » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:45 pm

He’s gone



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 361 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 358 guests

    Most users ever online was 1927 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:27 am

    Users browsing this forum: appstate24, AtlAppMan, GreatAppSt and 358 guests