Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Thank You Coach Clark

J_Mountaineers
School: Appalachian State

Thank You Coach Clark

Unread post by J_Mountaineers » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:55 pm

9 wins and a ring, all while the team missed nearly a month of practice in the middle of the season due to COVID. Not to mention him being asked to take the reins and establish everything from scratch in a year where being able to have full training camps and consistent practice sessions was hard. Can’t wait to see the future with him at the helm. Proud of our guy.

appstate24

Re: Thank You Coach Clark

Unread post by appstate24 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:09 pm

J_Mountaineers wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:55 pm
9 wins and a ring, all while the team missed nearly a month of practice in the middle of the season due to COVID. Not to mention him being asked to take the reins and establish everything from scratch in a year where being able to have full training camps and consistent practice sessions was hard. Can’t wait to see the future with him at the helm. Proud of our guy.
APPsolutely!! None of us have a clue all that went in to getting these guys ready to play each week, all while keeping these healthy and safe. Great Job Coach!!

GO APPS!!

APP93

Unread post by APP93 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:31 pm

Just playing 12 this year was an accomplishment...Going 9-3 in those 12, getting win over Ga Sothern and a bowl win not to shabby.

Even with the players we had coming back, I honestly felt like it would be tough winning a 5th straight conference title. I think it was the combination of 3rd coach in 3 years and the conference was just better. I hope this was not a blip and the conference continues to improve.

Happy with the season and that we were able to have App football in this craziest of years...looking forward to the future.

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:27 pm

Yes. Congratulations to the Mountaineers!

yosefederation

Unread post by yosefederation » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:30 pm

" " to everything already said💯%

yosefederation

Unread post by yosefederation » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:31 pm

" " to everything already said💯%

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:32 pm

What we need is consistency in a staff. Few changes - give the players and coaches a chance to know each other. Need stability.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:11 am

GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:41 am

Clark started his presser by thanking Everts and Gillin for their support during the pandemic. I don't think that was as much paying lip service as it would seem on the surface. Playing a CFB season with games shuffled around, testing twice a week and literally the real world problems of global pandemic encompassing everything is quite something.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:52 am

T-Dog wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:41 am
Clark started his presser by thanking Everts and Gillin for their support during the pandemic. I don't think that was as much paying lip service as it would seem on the surface. Playing a CFB season with games shuffled around, testing twice a week and literally the real world problems of global pandemic encompassing everything is quite something.
It was a great post game PR. Cannot wait to 2021 and hopefully sitting in the NEZ and stadium at full capacity!!
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

mountaineeryosef

Unread post by mountaineeryosef » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:07 am

I had serous doubts about whether the season would start, then that the season would play out. What the players, coaches and staff did to make it happen, we will never fully know. But thank you so much for the ride! It was great fun watching and added a little piece of normalcy to the craziness.

Thanks!

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:08 am

3 good things to end the year:

1. We didn’t have players opting out at the end of the season. They play as a team.

2a After the Coastal loss, we played motivated football against Troy.
2a. After the Louisiana loss, we still came out a played six quarters of great football to finish the season.

3. All of our expected signings were completed on Early Signing Day

Outside of Clark, it was great to see our Seniors finish the season strong. Virgil with the kickoff return and catch against GaSo, Marcus Williams with two outstanding runs and a 100-yard game, Hennigan being healthy enough to go up to high point one more deep pass and play on Kick Return coverage. Meech to get the final meaningful stop of the season. Staton to make his last 14 kicks of the season. Malik Williams being Malik Williams. Our TE’s making blocks and key catches. They offensive line restoring our running game.
Not too mention our Defensive Players who made the plays throughout the season.

No, the season didn’t go exactly according to script. But we finished strong, our players worked hard to get healthy and we finished as a team.
Plus, for the first time in 3 seasons, our returning players know who the majority of their coaches are going to be this Spring.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:27 am

Coach Clark's presser was great! The duo of Cam and MWJ put a smile on my face. But if you want to know what App State football is go and listen to D'Marco Jackson's portion of the presser. Everything about it SCREAMS App State Football! The way he talked about his teammates, the way he talked about the team dealing with the adversity of 2020, all of it! Watch his demeanor as he talks; calm, confident, purposeful. This young man is a leader and I'm so glad he is one of us. Beyond thankful for this team and the joy they have brought me this year. Looking forward to the next iteration of our beloved Mountaineers!
FREQS AND GEEKS!

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:52 am

I think this was a great outcome. It wasn't the very best. But a lot of great things this year as we have some consistency for the first time in years will be great for 2021. Thank you, Coach Clark!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:13 pm

It's nice to read positive comments about Coach Clark after he was crucified on here earlier in the season. Personally, i think he did great in his first year as head coach.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”