Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Brice to App

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: Brice to App

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:30 am

NavyApp wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:49 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:41 am
AppDub wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:34 am
yikas1 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:15 am
We tend to develop players in the system, rather than bringing in transfers. Even if he was a high recruit if he doesn’t fit our system it will be tough for him. If he has a good arm that will help but in my opinion he needs to be able to run and scramble to some degree. Pure pocket passers don’t just get it in Boone.
Valid points. After watching some of his past film at Clemson and Duke, looks like he ran the ball a pretty decent amount on designed plays. Runs well for a big guy at 6' 3" 230. Not afraid to use his size to run through a CB as well. Either way he has to earn the spot. For what its worth, Satterfield was the QB when I was there for the first 2 years.
Our system is better suited for him than Duke’s. Cutcliffe is a QB genius. His system is complex and takes a while to grasp. Given the issues with the off-season due to CoVid, there was a truncated learning curve for Brice. Can’t discount that element as a part of the reason for the production.
Do we expect this off season to be that dramatically different?
Man, I hope so. As long as the guys can stay on campus, they can always get on the field on their own.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:35 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:30 am
NavyApp wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
AppDub wrote:
yikas1 wrote:
We tend to develop players in the system, rather than bringing in transfers. Even if he was a high recruit if he doesn’t fit our system it will be tough for him. If he has a good arm that will help but in my opinion he needs to be able to run and scramble to some degree. Pure pocket passers don’t just get it in Boone.
Valid points. After watching some of his past film at Clemson and Duke, looks like he ran the ball a pretty decent amount on designed plays. Runs well for a big guy at 6' 3" 230. Not afraid to use his size to run through a CB as well. Either way he has to earn the spot. For what its worth, Satterfield was the QB when I was there for the first 2 years.
Our system is better suited for him than Duke’s. Cutcliffe is a QB genius. His system is complex and takes a while to grasp. Given the issues with the off-season due to CoVid, there was a truncated learning curve for Brice. Can’t discount that element as a part of the reason for the production.
Man, I hope so. As long as the guys can stay on campus, they can always get on the field on their own.
I hope so too!
FREQS AND GEEKS!

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:39 am

appstate24 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:51 am
There are absolutely zero negatives about Chase coming to Boone. We have a very talented and experienced QB coming into the QB room. We have some young talent already in the QB room and some great young talent on the way.

Best case: Chase lives up to the hype, kills it, and the App train keeps rolling.

Worst Case: Chase brings his knowledge, leadership, and experience to the program and the young QBs.

Chase seems like a great kid, seems to be loved by all of his teammates. All of our guys on the mountain seem VERY excited to have him. The system and culture on the mountain is VERY different than Dook. If I was a betting man, my money is on Chase being a star.

GO APPS!!
Offensively you are only good as your QB can convey the OCs game plan, nice to know we'll have competition and it's not going to be a big of a question going into '21.
BLACK SATURDAY

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:48 am

If one of our freshmen can beat out a guy that started and won games at Clemson, we will be in great shape.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:13 am

Ran across this, not sure if it's been posted about the transfer?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... d=msedgdhp
BLACK SATURDAY

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:25 am

Shuler, DC and the other QB signed will effectively be same year to start if Brice wins starting nod. If Brice starts and is around for 2 years, they all will be sophomores given NCAA Covid year for Shuler. Having opportunity to start at a program for 3 years is a great opportunity. There are not that many freshmen that start Day 1. With that said, kids want instant gratification these days. Hope all stay as 2023 competition will be good. If Brice works out, glad to have experience at QB when we head to College Station and play Heels in 2022.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:27 am

I've watched all of Brices highlights from Clem and some from Duke...

1. He looks to pass first but will run when needed.
2. When he runs he runs with momentum.
3. He throws the ball away when there isnt anything
4. Short to medium passes are spot on.
5. Great velocity.
6. Stands tall in the pocket.
7. Deep ball was just off many times. Not bad but off just enough...many times it hit the WRs hands though.

After watching all of this I feel that his performance at Duke was not a true representation of his ability.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:31 am

kornegaylw wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:27 am

5. Great velocity.
7. Deep ball was just off many times. Not bad but off just enough...many times it hit the WRs hands though.

After watching all of this I feel that his performance at Duke was not a true representation of his ability.
I feel so much better about opening day 2021. #BeatEZU!

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:37 am

One HUGE point to keep in mind when discussing APP/Duke is something I used to preach to my team - When you have the mind-set that every time you take the field you EXPECT to win while the other team HOPES to win, the game is already in your favor - APP FOOTBALL Takes The Field Expecting to Win (Just like Clemson) and Duke takes the field hoping to win ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:53 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:31 am
kornegaylw wrote:

5. Great velocity.

I can't tell if you're being honest or not...I was not thrilled when I first heard about Brice but after watching his film and considering the challenges COVID posed and the situation at Duke I'm very excited for what he could bring to App.

Overcashed

Unread post by Overcashed » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:04 pm

Duke allowing the 4th most sacks in FBS is pretty much all I need to see about his struggles there. At Clemson he looked fine when not scrambling for his life almost immediately after the snap.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:12 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:53 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:31 am
kornegaylw wrote:

5. Great velocity.

I can't tell if you're being honest or not...I was not thrilled when I first heard about Brice but after watching his film and considering the challenges COVID posed and the situation at Duke I'm very excited for what he could bring to App.
Ha. Being completely serious. I don’t want to totally discount his year at Duke. But there were circumstances that led to the results that I don’t think Brice can be held accountable for. Looking at where he puts the ball on his receivers, I feel good that we have the personnel that can make those catches when it counts.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:25 pm

NavyApp wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
AppDub wrote:
yikas1 wrote:
Not to stir up certain posters, but I have a feeling the severity of COVID will magically decrease in January with new politicians in place. Just saying.
The Appalachian State

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:28 pm

kornegaylw wrote:

5. Great velocity.

#3....what is that? Are you allowed to do that?
The Appalachian State

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:35 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:28 pm
kornegaylw wrote:

5. Great velocity.

#3....what is that? Are you allowed to do that?
Yes he did it 15 times that are in his stats..lol
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:45 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:25 pm
NavyApp wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
AppDub wrote:
yikas1 wrote:
Not to stir up certain posters, but I have a feeling the severity of COVID will magically decrease in January with new politicians in place. Just saying.
My dearest hope for the next few years is that Americans find a way to live in a shared reality rather than the increasingly crazy conspiracy theories that have gripped a large swath of our population.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:25 pm

Please do not take this thread down a political path.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:07 pm

We are in much better shape at QB with Brice , whether he starts for a year , two or none.

yosef95

Unread post by yosef95 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:17 pm

Good call Stonewall. Brice has played on big stages, if he wins the job, fine. If someone of the frosh wins the job, Brice will still bring experience. Best case is Brice for 2 yrs and the frosh for 3 after

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:04 am

This is a good thing for App. Brice had bigtime receivers to throw to at Clemson. He WILL have bigtime receivers to throw to at App State too.

Hennigan, Sutton, Sutton and Wells.

With our RBs and WRs, we should be fine with the experience he will bring to Boone. Just hope we can get at least one GT to fill a spot on the Oline.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”