Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Peterson to Illinois?

Seattleapp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Peterson to Illinois?

Unread post by Seattleapp » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:45 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:19 am
For those of you dismissing injuries and opt outs as an excuse; I would like to point to Heisman hopeful Kyle Trask and the Gator offense last night. Life isn’t easy when your best players can’t go. But I’m sure it was just the play calling.
Clearly you are in the bag for Thomas which is your right. But you attempting to lay blame on everyone BUT him and attacking people who don’t blindly agree with you with snarky comments doesn’t really advance your cause.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:05 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:45 am
AppSt94 wrote:
For those of you dismissing injuries and opt outs as an excuse; I would like to point to Heisman hopeful Kyle Trask and the Gator offense last night. Life isn’t easy when your best players can’t go. But I’m sure it was just the play calling.
Clearly you are in the bag for Thomas which is your right. But you attempting to lay blame on everyone BUT him and attacking people who don’t blindly agree with you with snarky comments doesn’t really advance your cause.
I have no allegiance to TP. Could not care less if he is here or not. My point all along is that it wasn’t all his fault. You guys can see what you want to see and think what you want to think. Just tried to give an honest assessment of things based on what transpired off the field and how it affected what you saw on the field. Sorry for wasting your time with my “snarky” comments. Happy New Year!

Tatedc

Unread post by Tatedc » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:17 am

Seattleapp wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
One thing we should all agree on: with Peterson AND Zac Thomas gone there is no excuse for us to not be vastly improved. Petersons play calling was questionable for sure. Zac Thomas performance was awful for sure. We should be better next year.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:28 am

Admittesly I didn't take the time to read back through this mind numbing thread, but I don't recall anyone saying it was ALL Petersens fault. Some, including myself have said he wasn't the right fit or they were glad we are looking elsewhere, but not laying every bit of the blame at his feet. A big portion maybe.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:49 am

AppSt94 wrote:
For those of you saying it's not the OC's job to use the players at hand strengths instead of the opted out/injured players strengths; I would like to point to Oklahoma second half of the season. Life isn't easy when your personnel isn't doing what you want it to do (due to injuries in Oklahoma's case). But, I'm sure their sudden surge in offense (with same said players still injured) had nothing to do with changing the play calling to what fit the personnel they had.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:56 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:05 am
Seattleapp wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
I have no allegiance to TP. Could not care less if he is here or not. My point all along is that it wasn’t all his fault. You guys can see what you want to see and think what you want to think. Just tried to give an honest assessment of things based on what transpired off the field and how it affected what you saw on the field. Sorry for wasting your time with my “snarky” comments. Happy New Year!
Nobody is saying it is all on TP. Obviously, the players have to execute either way. The thing is TP never tried to adjust to the players. Week 1 play calling was the same end of the season -- until Watts got more involved in the Georgia Southern game. That is 100% on TP and Clark -- no way around that. If TP was changing the philosophy of his play calling to something that fit the personnel, we aren't having this discussion. If TP called the plays that were practiced all week leading up to the games, we aren't having this discussion.

At the end of the day, players still have to execute what is called. If they aren't, there isn't much the coaching staff can do -- outside of calling plays the players at hand can execute. Which is something TP did not do until Watts (and some of Cardwell) got more involved Georgia Southern week.

I will give TP props though. He actually asked Clark to get the others more involved. TP wasn't comfortable calling our offense and asked for help.
Last edited by AppStateNews on Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
tAPPedInSports.net

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:58 am

"2021, Year of the Mountaineers " You read it here first.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:28 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:49 am
AppSt94 wrote:
For those of you saying it's not the OC's job to use the players at hand strengths instead of the opted out/injured players strengths; I would like to point to Oklahoma second half of the season. Life isn't easy when your personnel isn't doing what you want it to do (due to injuries in Oklahoma's case). But, I'm sure their sudden surge in offense (with same said players still injured) had nothing to do with changing the play calling to what fit the personnel they had.
Or the maturation of their QB. Of course, every team would like a Lincoln Riley.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:29 am

Tatedc wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:17 am
Seattleapp wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
One thing we should all agree on: with Peterson AND Zac Thomas gone there is no excuse for us to not be vastly improved. Petersons play calling was questionable for sure. Zac Thomas performance was awful for sure. We should be better next year.
I wouldn't describe Zac's performance this year as awful. I think it fair to say it wasn't up to what he had done in previous years but it was hardly awful.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:42 am

hapapp wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:28 am
AppStateNews wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
Or the maturation of their QB. Of course, every team would like a Lincoln Riley.
Listen to any Riley interview talking about the offensive surge. He explicitly says they changed the play calls mid way through the season. They mentioned it at least half a dozen times in the game last night.
tAPPedInSports.net

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:22 am

I think they realized what a gun-slinger they have at QB. Rattler can really fling the pigskin.
WE ARE YOSEF!

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:01 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
They should fire their OC!!! :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:13 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:42 am
hapapp wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:28 am
AppStateNews wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
Listen to any Riley interview talking about the offensive surge. He explicitly says they changed the play calls mid way through the season. They mentioned it at least half a dozen times in the game last night.
"And" instead "Or" might have been better phrasing on my part.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:55 pm

:P
Tatedc wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
Is this sarcasm? Please tell me it is. Look at Zacs record as a starter. Next year we will have either a true freshman as QB, or someone who has been at App for around 6 months. Look at the talent we are losing. We may be better next season, but if we are it will be a credit to coaching staff. Saying we should be better next year because ZT is gone along with all the other talent lost is next level clowning

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:34 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Hennigan, Virgil, and Williams all played in the 3 losses. Florida’s top 3 WR were completely out. This isn’t the comparison you think it is.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:09 pm

Yosef10 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:34 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Hennigan, Virgil, and Williams all played in the 3 losses. Florida’s top 3 WR were completely out. This isn’t the comparison you think it is.
Umm, no. Williams didn’t travel to Marshall or Coastal. Virgil didn’t play the 2nd half of Coastal, and Henni was severely hampered by what he could do and was essentially a decoy for most of the season. I’m done trying to show you what you are missing. TP is gone. You are convinced that he is the culprit for the losses and lack of adjustments. So things should be back to normal next year with whoever is calling the plays. Happy New Year buddy.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:18 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:09 pm
Yosef10 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:34 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Umm, no. Williams didn’t travel to Marshall or Coastal. Virgil didn’t play the 2nd half of Coastal, and Henni was severely hampered by what he could do and was essentially a decoy for most of the season. I’m done trying to show you what you are missing. TP is gone. You are convinced that he is the culprit for the losses and lack of adjustments. So things should be back to normal next year with whoever is calling the plays. Happy New Year buddy.
You are referring to Marcus Williams. He was referring to Malik.

Tatedc

Unread post by Tatedc » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:06 pm

The Rock wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:55 pm
:P
Tatedc wrote:
Is this sarcasm? Please tell me it is. Look at Zacs record as a starter. Next year we will have either a true freshman as QB, or someone who has been at App for around 6 months. Look at the talent we are losing. We may be better next season, but if we are it will be a credit to coaching staff. Saying we should be better next year because ZT is gone along with all the other talent lost is next level clowning
[/quote]

Oh no, I'm with you. Zac had an awesome career. Performance at Penn State was unreal and undoubtedly a top 5-10 quarterback in App History. I was only referencing his awful 2020 performance, and how there is no excuse for us not to be better next year.

This year we had 3 losses. We couldn't do anything vs Marshall because they stacked the box the whole game knowing Zac can't pass (Georgia State too, but Huesman came in and won the game), we led coastal by 2 with 2 mins left and just needed a 1st down...Zac misses a wide open tight end and throws 2 picks to end the game and Louisiana took a safety with a minute left because they knew we couldn't score a touchdown.

If the new QB can't improve on that....then we've got problems. Not a knock on his career, only stating we have reason for optimism now!

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:14 pm

Thomas is a dude that started hot. Had all kinds of talent but couldn’t get over the hump. He was Serviceable for us but he wasn’t a game changer. Played decent last year. Was just not good this year. He didn’t perform well in any close game. My biggest problem with him was his body language. He constantly looked like he didn’t want to be there. And so what if he didn’t like the play calls. He was the senior leader of the team. And it’s not like we were losing a lot. I don’t know the kid but he didn’t exactly show the fire of a senior quarterback.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:52 am

Stonewall wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:58 am
"2021, Year of the Mountaineers " You read it here first.
If Chase Brice plays like an All-SBC QB and we have a good OC game planning then I 100% agree that it could be. We should have the most talented roster in the SBC (when healthy) so if we have a good game plan coming out of the booth and stay healthy then we should have a great year. I say that about game planning because CCU is very well coached like Louisiana and we will have to also outsmart them in the booth as well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”