Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

What's next for stadium projects?

Blackshirt68
School: Appalachian State

Re: What's next for stadium projects?

Unread post by Blackshirt68 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:36 pm

Oh to have a game where I don’t skin a knee on those aluminum bench backs. I can tell my “game jeans” by the picks on my knees.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:41 pm

Money money mon ey... MON EY!

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:15 pm

Blackshirt68 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh to have a game where I don’t skin a knee on those aluminum bench backs. I can tell my “game jeans” by the picks on my knees.
Sit on bleachers without backs and you’ll be wanting those backs.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:41 pm

appfanz wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:15 pm
Blackshirt68 wrote:
Sit on bleachers without backs and you’ll be wanting those backs.
Exactly. Taken customers to Lambeau for several games. You get 20” of aluminum bleacher with no seat back and get packed in like sardines (pre-COVID). It’s so uncomfortable that I’ve sent my customers in and watched the game at bars and hotel lobbies around the stadium and I love live football

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:28 am

Blackshirt68 wrote:
Sit in the deck on the East side. Plenty of leg room even with seat backs. That's why we moved back in 2008.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:20 pm

One thing I just thought about was a non-football trophy room. There's some trophies and game balls from basketball in the Varsity Gym trophy case next to ROTC awards. Where's the wrestling conference titles? And last time I checked, the 2000 SoCon MBB Title wasn't there. What about the WBB SoCon title trophies and the WBI trophies?

Also, in Owens, there was windowless room that had all the XC/T&F conference titles trophies. I'm talking dozens of trophies. We need to showcase all that.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:51 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:20 pm
One thing I just thought about was a non-football trophy room. There's some trophies and game balls from basketball in the Varsity Gym trophy case next to ROTC awards. Where's the wrestling conference titles? And last time I checked, the 2000 SoCon MBB Title wasn't there. What about the WBB SoCon title trophies and the WBI trophies?

Also, in Owens, there was windowless room that had all the XC/T&F conference titles trophies. I'm talking dozens of trophies. We need to showcase all that.
Well, we don't have to worry about T&F anymore.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:57 pm

NewApp wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:51 pm
T-Dog wrote:

Huh? Do you think only men's indoor was the only team to win championships or something?
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:35 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:57 pm
NewApp wrote:
T-Dog wrote:

Huh? Do you think only men's indoor was the only team to win championships or something?

Said nothing of the kind. Just saying we won't have to worry about where to put new T&F championship trophies any more because we don't have a track nor a team exactly because all of our track meets will be away.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:36 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
NewApp wrote:
T-Dog wrote:

Said nothing of the kind. Just saying we won't have to worry about where to put new T&F championship trophies any more because we don't have a track nor a team exactly because all of our track meets will be away. Where does our team practice without a track...Watauga High?????
Google SUX

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:44 pm

NewApp wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:36 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
NewApp wrote:
T-Dog wrote:

Said nothing of the kind. Just saying we won't have to worry about where to put new T&F championship trophies any more because we don't have a track nor a team exactly because all of our track meets will be away. Where does our team practice without a track...Watauga High?????
Wait, so because the program doesn't have a home track, they don't exist? And they'll never win championships again? That may be the most absurd thing you've ever posted -- and that's saying a lot...

Look, I don't agree with taking the track away without a place for them to go either. But, let's not get crazy and say the team is gone because they can't have home meets...
tAPPedInSports.net

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:40 am

NewApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
NewApp wrote:
T-Dog wrote:

Simmer down, Beavis. We still have a track team and will have a track. And yes, in the interim, they can practice at Watauga High. Don't know if they do, or will, though.
WE ARE YOSEF!

NashvilleNeer

Unread post by NashvilleNeer » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:19 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:31 am
If we are talking KBS Stadium only, I hope we get better stadium lighting and better placement for TV cameras. Tough viewing a game when the camera is perched on top of Howards Knob..lol
Agreed lol. I love going to games at the rock, but i hate watching them on tv. The camera quality looks like it's filmed on an iphone and from the moon. Drives me nuts.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:51 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:40 am
NewApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
NewApp wrote:
T-Dog wrote:

Simmer down, Beavis. We still have a track team and will have a track. And yes, in the interim, they can practice at Watauga High. Don't know if they do, or will, though.
You are correct. I guess we could have a basketball team without a gym or a baseball team without a field or a football team without a stadium.
Google SUX

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:57 pm

NewApp wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:51 pm
goapps93 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
NewApp wrote:

You are correct. I guess we could have a basketball team without a gym or a baseball team without a field or a football team without a stadium.
You're absolutely right you can. Hell, a certain NFL team in Charlotte, North Carolina had their first season in Clemson, South Carolina... According to you, that team didn't exist? I bet the players, coaches, and fans thought otherwise...
tAPPedInSports.net

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:07 pm

NewApp wrote:
goapps93 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
NewApp wrote:

You have a knack for throwing out the darndest arguments. Track and Field is a different animal. It's not ideal but track athletes and jumpers can practice on any hard flat surface and throwers simply need a field or can even throw on a hard surface. The high school where I used to live has never had a track and has had multiple State qualifiers, medal winners and champions over the years, including relays which are difficult to train for without the turns. They have a REAL team.
Againn, it's not ideal but in our case it's short term and for whatever reason it worked out like it did.
WE ARE YOSEF!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:56 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:57 pm
NewApp wrote:
goapps93 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

You're absolutely right you can. Hell, a certain NFL team in Charlotte, North Carolina had their first season in Clemson, South Carolina... According to you, that team didn't exist? I bet the players, coaches, and fans thought otherwise...
I had forgotten that. What was their record that year?
Google SUX

gsoappfan

Unread post by gsoappfan » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:19 am

NewApp wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:56 am
AppStateNews wrote:
NewApp wrote:
goapps93 wrote:
NewApp wrote:

"The Panthers finished their season 7–9, more than doubling the previous record of a first year expansion team."

I bet other expansion teams had their own stadium :roll:

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:57 pm

gsoappfan wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:19 am
NewApp wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:56 am
AppStateNews wrote:
NewApp wrote:
goapps93 wrote:

"The Panthers finished their season 7–9, more than doubling the previous record of a first year expansion team."

I bet other expansion teams had their own stadium :roll:
I bet they didn't play in college stadiums. (rolls eyes)
Google SUX

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:12 pm

The Titans played in the Liberty Bowl in Memphis when they moved from Houston, the Chargers played in a 30,000 seat soccer stadium for two years, the Saints played at LSU during Katrina, the Rams and Raiders played in Memorial Coliseum in LA, the Toronto Blue Jays didn’t play a game in Canada last year......

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”