Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Daniel Kilgore and Covid

Blackshirt68
School: Appalachian State

Daniel Kilgore and Covid

Unread post by Blackshirt68 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:42 pm

Kansas City Center Daniel Kilgore was ruled in close contact with Covid -19 on Monday. If he tests negative for 5 days he can play Sunday. Keep the faith, Daniel. We’re on your side!

Blackshirt68

Re: Daniel Kilgore and Covid

Unread post by Blackshirt68 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:13 am

That’s the result of getting a haircut. Supposedly they stopped in the middle of his cut.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:34 am

So he was the picture on the news just now of half a bald head.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:50 am

ESPN reported last night he has tested negative and will be traveling with the team on Saturday.
Give 'em hell!

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:26 am

Article was updated that he told the barber to finish cutting. Believe the photoshop with half the hair was done by an App fan on twitter, ESPN even retwitted the story with that photoshop included. Kilgore also has the photoshop as his profile pic on twitter.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:43 am

They had a small segment on the Today Show this morning about the Chiefs' Covid barber situation and talked about Kilgore and showed the half haircut picture...LOL.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:33 am

Read that article this morning. These Covid stories are getting crazier by the day. Didn’t Kilgore already get put on the shelf last week for some other contact?

My wife is an educator and had game duty as the admin the other night. The sport that night was lacrosse. Where we live it’s played in several high schools but is technically a club sport so apparently some parents are involved with keeping scores and stats. In our county we currently only allow 100 spectators for outdoor home games and only the parents of the home team may attend. So last Friday night my wife was in the press box with a parent who has since tested positive. The policy (get this) is if a school employee came into contact with someone who tested positive FOR MORE THAN 15 MINUTES then the employee must quarantine for 10 days. Yes 15 magic minutes is the number. I asked my wife what would have happened if it was determined that she was only close to that parent for 14 minutes? I guess it would be ok.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:38 am

Finally seeing some significant drops in Covid rates, significant drop from Jan 3rd to Feb 3rd. The vaccines in Dec and early Jan must be having an impact.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:14 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:33 am
Read that article this morning. These Covid stories are getting crazier by the day. Didn’t Kilgore already get put on the shelf last week for some other contact?

My wife is an educator and had game duty as the admin the other night. The sport that night was lacrosse. Where we live it’s played in several high schools but is technically a club sport so apparently some parents are involved with keeping scores and stats. In our county we currently only allow 100 spectators for outdoor home games and only the parents of the home team may attend. So last Friday night my wife was in the press box with a parent who has since tested positive. The policy (get this) is if a school employee came into contact with someone who tested positive FOR MORE THAN 15 MINUTES then the employee must quarantine for 10 days. Yes 15 magic minutes is the number. I asked my wife what would have happened if it was determined that she was only close to that parent for 14 minutes? I guess it would be ok.
It's like the bad guys in movies who time how long they are on the phone with the cops so they can't lock on a trace. Just keep a timer on your watch and make sure you never spend more than 14:59 with any one person and you'll never get it!
Give 'em hell!

boonetown1

Unread post by boonetown1 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:29 am

Rick83 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:38 am
Finally seeing some significant drops in Covid rates, significant drop from Jan 3rd to Feb 3rd. The vaccines in Dec and early Jan must be having an impact.
I would say more seeing the drop from getting beyond holiday travel. Vaccines probably help, but that distribution processes was so screwed up, we’re probably still a ways out from seeing progress from that.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:10 pm

boonetown1 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:29 am
Rick83 wrote:
I would say more seeing the drop from getting beyond holiday travel. Vaccines probably help, but that distribution processes was so screwed up, we’re probably still a ways out from seeing progress from that.
Perhaps. There's a lot of political noise around the roll-out and true, there have been some bumps, but 34 million arms have been stuck as of Feb 3rd and that started from FDA approval in mid-December. I personally think that's pretty impressive when nothing of this scale had ever been attempted before especially with the cold storage requirements.

Local governments need to get their local Chick-Fil-a involved in how to process people through these sites like the mayor of Mt Pleasant, SC did. The Chick-Fil-a manager very quickly reduced the hours-long waits for vaccines to 15 minutes.
Hopefully, the roll out will progress and we'll get this virus behind us and get back to our normal lives...

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:29 pm

Nobody is more efficient at moving lines of cars than a Chick-Fil-A manager. It really is an artwork to see how quickly they can run cars through a drive through. Didn't realize the mayor of Mt Pleasant used that knowledge, but it makes sense.

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:58 pm

If every state followed the West Virginia model most would be vaccinated by summer.

mikeyosef

Unread post by mikeyosef » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:00 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:10 pm
boonetown1 wrote:
Rick83 wrote:
Perhaps. There's a lot of political noise around the roll-out and true, there have been some bumps, but 34 million arms have been stuck as of Feb 3rd and that started from FDA approval in mid-December. I personally think that's pretty impressive when nothing of this scale had ever been attempted before especially with the cold storage requirements.

Local governments need to get their local Chick-Fil-a involved in how to process people through these sites like the mayor of Mt Pleasant, SC did. The Chick-Fil-a manager very quickly reduced the hours-long waits for vaccines to 15 minutes.
Hopefully, the roll out will progress and we'll get this virus behind us and get back to our normal lives...
The development of the vaccine in less than a year is unprecedented and a testament to our scientists and medical researchers. However, the vaccine rollout has been a disaster so far. In 2019 just under 50% of the entire population of the US received the Flu vaccine and this happens pretty much every year. I'm guessing if possible they would have vaccinated the whole population with the bulk of them taking about 3 months. Yes the refrigeration issue makes logistics much more challenging than normal vaccines but the Flu doesn't shut the whole country down either. One would think the sense of urgency would be multiple times that of vaccinating for the Flu. I will reserve judgement for a while since it's a completely new vaccine but I hope we see a dramatic increase in the numbers being vaccinated daily. According the CDC, yesterday just over 6% of the population has received at least one shot. My 74 year old Mother-in-law (with multiple underlying conditions) called to get scheduled in Guilford County when they dropped the age to 65 and is now scheduled to receive her first vaccination in MAY . As a 57 year old with some underlying conditions I wonder if I will be vaccinated by the end of the Summer.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:28 pm

mikeyosef wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:00 pm
Rick83 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:10 pm
boonetown1 wrote:
Rick83 wrote:

The development of the vaccine in less than a year is unprecedented and a testament to our scientists and medical researchers. However, the vaccine rollout has been a disaster so far. In 2019 just under 50% of the entire population of the US received the Flu vaccine and this happens pretty much every year. I'm guessing if possible they would have vaccinated the whole population with the bulk of them taking about 3 months. Yes the refrigeration issue makes logistics much more challenging than normal vaccines but the Flu doesn't shut the whole country down either. One would think the sense of urgency would be multiple times that of vaccinating for the Flu. I will reserve judgement for a while since it's a completely new vaccine but I hope we see a dramatic increase in the numbers being vaccinated daily. According the CDC, yesterday just over 6% of the population has received at least one shot. My 74 year old Mother-in-law (with multiple underlying conditions) called to get scheduled in Guilford County when they dropped the age to 65 and is now scheduled to receive her first vaccination in MAY . As a 57 year old with some underlying conditions I wonder if I will be vaccinated by the end of the Summer.
We obviously have different opinions, which is fine. But I don't think you can compare the annual flu vaccine rollout with the Covid vaccine roll-out. For one thing, only something like a third to less than a half of Americans even get the flu shot and it's known well in advance when those shipments will go out and usually they have a good idea of how much to produce in advance so supply isn't an issue. There's not an urgency to get everyone stuck, it's more of a casual thing that people get when it's convenient and many don't even get it until deep into flu season. Totally different from a couple of hundred million trying to get it ASAP.
To get approval in mid-December to 34 million stuck by Feb 3rd is impressive to me. My 75 year old mother-in-law is getting her 2nd shot tomorrow and getting the first one was not an issue what so ever. I personally know many people who have had their first shots and some that have their 2nd already.
My last point is that this roll-out has to be done during a pandemic situation when our medical worker-heroes are strained to the max from from fighting this thing for so long. This is something which is not normally an issue with the annual flu shot.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:11 pm

The fact that you can even manufacture 34 million units in 45 days is amazing, let alone come up with something of a vaccine. I think its alot like PPE in the early going, people just believe its sitting around somewhere waiting to be used. Once they get the local pharmacies going in the process it will go alot further faster. you cant go from 0-60 in .5 seconds.

mikeyosef

Unread post by mikeyosef » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:00 pm

App91 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:11 pm
The fact that you can even manufacture 34 million units in 45 days is amazing, let alone come up with something of a vaccine. I think its alot like PPE in the early going, people just believe its sitting around somewhere waiting to be used. Once they get the local pharmacies going in the process it will go alot further faster. you cant go from 0-60 in .5 seconds.
One very positive decision the previous administration made was to pay $Billions to have the vaccines manufactured well before they even knew they would be effective. A risky wager that paid off. That's why there were 20 million doses or whatever right off the bat. It has been an impressive effort, that much is for sure. I just hope the process moves along a little faster....on a positive note, the anti-vaxxers don't seem to be winning the day as everyone I know is in a hurry to get stuck and put this chapter behind them.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:44 pm

mikeyosef wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:00 pm
App91 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:11 pm
One very positive decision the previous administration made was to pay $Billions to have the vaccines manufactured well before they even knew they would be effective. A risky wager that paid off. That's why there were 20 million doses or whatever right off the bat. It has been an impressive effort, that much is for sure. I just hope the process moves along a little faster....on a positive note, the anti-vaxxers don't seem to be winning the day as everyone I know is in a hurry to get stuck and put this chapter behind them.
Glad to hear that.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Neer86

Unread post by Neer86 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:17 pm

Chiefs C Daniel Kilgore Cleared To Play In Super Bowl

February 6th, 2021 at 11:02am CST by Ben Levine

Daniel Kilgore is back on track to appear in Super Bowl LV. NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport reports (via Twitter) that the Chiefs center has been cleared to play on Sunday. The player will presumably be activated from the reserve/COVID-19 list this afternoon.

Kilgore, along with wideout Demarcus Robinson, received haircuts last weekend from a barber who tested positive. The veteran offensive lineman spent the past week sitting on the reserve list, but he consistently tested negative throughout the week. After completing his five-day clearance period, Kilgore will be able to travel with his team to Tampa Bay today.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:53 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:29 pm
Nobody is more efficient at moving lines of cars than a Chick-Fil-A manager. It really is an artwork to see how quickly they can run cars through a drive through. Didn't realize the mayor of Mt Pleasant used that knowledge, but it makes sense.
No inside information at all but to me it looks like Chick-Fil-a is simply willing to pay good people and have enough of them in place to do the job.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”