Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

John Settle

appfanjj
School: Appalachian State

John Settle

Unread post by appfanjj » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:27 pm

Leaving Wisconsin to become running backs coach at Kentucky. His backs will be running behind one of the best O lines in the country.

NavyApp

Re: John Settle

Unread post by NavyApp » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:01 pm

When he crushes it at UK, maybe he will get the respect he deserves. Hopefully he can then get an OC position which is long overdue or maybe he pulls a Clark/David and goes from position coach to HC. Either way Coach Settle UK just got a lot better by bringing you into the fold.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:30 pm

NavyApp wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:01 pm
When he crushes it at UK, maybe he will get the respect he deserves. Hopefully he can then get an OC position which is long overdue or maybe he pulls a Clark/David and goes from position coach to HC. Either way Coach Settle UK just got a lot better by bringing you into the fold.
Agreed. I would love if we could afford him or have him be a HC for us some day. John is a great guy and I know he would love to be here again. UK is lucky to have him. I would bet he pumps out 1,000 yard rushers for them.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:21 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:30 pm
NavyApp wrote:
Agreed. I would love if we could afford him or have him be a HC for us some day. John is a great guy and I know he would love to be here again. UK is lucky to have him. I would bet he pumps out 1,000 yard rushers for them.
What makes you assume John Settle would necessarily want to live in Boone again?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:38 pm

NewApp wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:21 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:30 pm
NavyApp wrote:
What makes you assume John Settle would necessarily want to live in Boone again?
I have gotten to know John a little bit starting back when he played at App. I saw him at an event back when Jerry Moore retired and he was interested in the job then. He was also interested in it when Drink got the job. If Shawn Clark moved on and Gillin called John Settle I am pretty sure he would interview and would leave his new job at UK to be the head coach at his alma mater.

AppYosef!

Unread post by AppYosef! » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:24 pm

John Settle is one of the all-time greats! I still have a "John Settle for Heisman" button someone sold on campus back in the day.

I met him several times on campus between classes and he was so humble and appreciative of comments from fellow students. Once he even stopped and thanked me for coming to the games and supporting the team and told me how much the players were lifted up by the fans.

I have always wished we could get him back in Boone as a coach but figured he was out of our price range now. He has been very successful at Wisconsin. I feel sure he will be just as successful at Kentucky. He's a small-town guy...Boone was the big city to him back in those days. It was always said that was one reason he chose to come to ASU over several bigger schools including ACC schools.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:13 pm

AppYosef! wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:24 pm
John Settle is one of the all-time greats! I still have a "John Settle for Heisman" button someone sold on campus back in the day.

I met him several times on campus between classes and he was so humble and appreciative of comments from fellow students. Once he even stopped and thanked me for coming to the games and supporting the team and told me how much the players were lifted up by the fans.

I have always wished we could get him back in Boone as a coach but figured he was out of our price range now. He has been very successful at Wisconsin. I feel sure he will be just as successful at Kentucky. He's a small-town guy...Boone was the big city to him back in those days. It was always said that was one reason he chose to come to ASU over several bigger schools including ACC schools.
He is indeed a great guy. We could get him back as a head coach. If Shawn Clark ever leaves I hope we look at John. I always follow him and he has had a great career. He deserves a head coach opportunity somewhere. One of the most humble guys we have had and still the best RB in ASU history. Had Evans stayed another year he could have taken over that distinction. We may give it to Peoples if he stays two more years.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”