Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

CFN prediction ECU vs ASU

Appst86
School: Appalachian State

CFN prediction ECU vs ASU

Unread post by Appst86 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:45 pm

sixtoes9134

Re: CFN prediction ECU vs ASU

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:23 am

That line is gonna keep dropping.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:02 am

Defense is going to be better than he projects, especially in first half of the first game. Hopefully offense starts clicking late and we pull away. My opinion.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:33 am

sixtoes9134 wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:23 am
Hope we can be dominant and win for the first time since before the majority of you in The Cabin were born. That line was initially too high, probably in the single digits by game time? We have an unknown in our system at QB and ECU should be better than last year.

Damn I hope our play calling has some art to it this year.
BLACK SATURDAY

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:04 am

Perhaps I just don't have enough respect for ECU (I don't!) but I just don't see them consistently scoring on our defense. And that is why I don't think it will be that close of a game. I am sure our offense will have some growing pains with several new offensive linemen and a new QB, but I have zero concerns for the defense that may end up being one of the best ever at App. Our defense shuts them down and our playmakers on offense make plays and we cover the spread easily.

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:17 am

Personally, I expect App to curb stomp the Pirates on Nat'l TV and take all their quarters.

Not sure what CFN is smoking.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:21 am

AppAlum1 wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:17 am
:lol: Personally, I expect App to curb stomp the Pirates on Nat'l TV and take all their quarters.

Not sure what CFN is smoking.
BLACK SATURDAY

97APP

Unread post by 97APP » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:07 am

t4pizza wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:04 am
Perhaps I just don't have enough respect for ECU (I don't!) but I just don't see them consistently scoring on our defense. And that is why I don't think it will be that close of a game. I am sure our offense will have some growing pains with several new offensive linemen and a new QB, but I have zero concerns for the defense that may end up being one of the best ever at App. Our defense shuts them down and our playmakers on offense make plays and we cover the spread easily.
I'm with you here. Maybe ECU will be a surprise here, but I see them as a bottom 3 AAC team and I see us as a top 3 SBC school. We should cover easy if the above is true.

Last year ECU had issues stopping the run and if that holds for this year as well - we'll win by 2 or more TDs. They can move the ball, but can they score TDs against us? I think we stifle them in the red zone and run over them by the end of the game. If they stack the box we'll put our Super Senior WRs to use and take advantage of the P5 arm of Brice throwing downfield to open up the box.

I know it's just the highlights we've been allowed to see, but Brice appears to throw a really good deep ball. Our WRs aren't having to slow down to catch downfield passes and appear to be catching in stride. Something we haven't seen since Armanti.
Last edited by 97APP on Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Today I Give My All for Appalachian State

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:21 am

Black Saturday wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:33 am
sixtoes9134 wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:23 am
Hope we can be dominant and win for the first time since before the majority of you in The Cabin were born. That line was initially too high, probably in the single digits by game time? We have an unknown in our system at QB and ECU should be better than last year.

Damn I hope our play calling has some art to it this year.
What are you wanting to see out of the play calling?

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:14 pm

The guy gave it a shot but truth be told it’s ridiculous to even predict anything. Nobody knows how good or bad either team really is nor do they know how the teams will stack up. If Alabama was opening against WCU that’s a little more predictable.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:15 pm

Here is what I want to see. Before the 4th qtr. starts I want to see Brice go to coach and say please put Huesman in because my arm is worn out. You just can't expect me to throw for more than 800 yards I'm tired. I want the OL to ask to come out because they have pushed the d line back about 200 yards and are way over tired. I want the receivers to complain that they can't score anymore it is just getting boring and give the second a chance. I want the rb to sit in protest as no man should have to run more than 500 yards in a game. I want the defense to say " hey coach this isn't fair we should be able to play more than 7 minutes in a game. CRAP!! Who just woke me up, I was having a great dream.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:04 pm

97APP wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:07 am
t4pizza wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:04 am
I'm with you here. Maybe ECU will be a surprise here, but I see them as a bottom 3 AAC team and I see us as a top 3 SBC school. We should cover easy if the above is true.

Last year ECU had issues stopping the run and if that holds for this year as well - we'll win by 2 or more TDs. They can move the ball, but can they score against TDs us? I think we stifle them in the red zone and run over them by the end of the game. If they stack the box we'll put our Super Senior WRs to use and take advantage of the P5 arm of Brice throwing downfield to open up the box.

I know it's just the highlights we've been allowed to see, but Brice appears to throw a really good deep ball. Our WRs aren't having to slow down to catch downfield passes and appear to be catching in stride. Something we haven't seen since Armanti.
Even Quick had to slow down to catch Armanti’s 70 yrd bomb in the Wofford game. They probably get a hall pass on that one.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:36 pm

This is a Level IV road grading that has been a long time coming. We’ve been chasing them for a while and now we’ve passed them, but we have to show it.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:50 am

If we are as good as I believe we are we cover plus.

ASUBlack Diamond

Unread post by ASUBlack Diamond » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:49 pm

Does anyone remember the line on the UNC and USC games? May not be apples to apples but just an interesting data point. Any help is appreciated.

#BEAT ECU!!!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:59 am

ASUBlack Diamond wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:49 pm
Does anyone remember the line on the UNC and USC games? May not be apples to apples but just an interesting data point. Any help is appreciated.

#BEAT ECU!!!
Did not realize we played the Trojans..must of missed that game... couldn't resist....adding to the sensitivity of Gamecock fans when it comes to USC and Carolina references.(lived in Cola for two years... really liked living there..)
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Howard Street Hooligan

Unread post by Howard Street Hooligan » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:53 am

What do you guys think the crowd turnout will be? Mostly App or ECU? and how many fans? just lower level or what? Wish I could go, but can't make it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”