Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

First game issues?

Budman2154
School: Appalachian State

Re: First game issues?

Unread post by Budman2154 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:49 pm

Now of this surprised me! We were just happy to FINALLY get our season tickets and parking passes the Tuesday of Game week! If you came to the Luke Combs concert, it was a nightmare getting into the stadium then too! Maybe they should not have Family Weekend the first home game going forward and get the bugs worked out!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:00 pm

Personally, I believe this may be something that is a year-long issue. There are many businesses in Boone with Help Wanted signs, etc. As such, not sure many folks are signing up for 1 day a week job when they are not showing up for 3 to 5 day a week jobs.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppYosef!

Unread post by AppYosef! » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:12 pm

booneboy92 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:13 am
ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:43 am
booneboy92 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:44 am
A friend had a Legend’s parking pass. Got there and was turned away. They told him Legend’s had been oversold! If I’m that season ticket holder (it was gifted to him), I’m beyond pissed. Guess that warrants a call to YC.
Oh boy...that would be the last straw for me. I gifted a Legends pass to a friend for the Elon game because I had made prior commitments and he was able to get in no problem, but after sending a few emails (none of which received responses which is a whole different can of worms) about my disappointment being in that lot as it relates to my dollar amount donated, if I get turned away at the lot in any of the upcoming games I may just lose my s***.
I actually called YC this morning… They said that the attendants gave wrong info, and that they had not overassigned parking. Apparently, in more lots than just Legend’s a lot of students didn’t heed the “will be towed” warning, thus the lots were full at times until they could get the violators towed. I actually did see at least three cars towed out of Legend’s at different times. Anyway, the call made me feel better, and she said all parking passes have a space available.
I pulled into Legends lot about 11:30am right behind a tow truck. Was told they had already towed at least five cars already. Been hoping to move up to Library Deck (lower levels) for a few years but can’t get there. Visited Saturday with some friends in that deck and it was only half full. Very frustrating.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:12 pm

Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:24 am
booneboy92 wrote:
I actually called YC this morning… They said that the attendants gave wrong info, and that they had not overassigned parking. Apparently, in more lots than just Legend’s a lot of students didn’t heed the “will be towed” warning, thus the lots were full at times until they could get the violators towed. I actually did see at least three cars towed out of Legend’s at different times. Anyway, the call made me feel better, and she said all parking passes have a space available.
How anyone is around App's campus for longer than a week and decides to not heed parking warnings is beyond me.
My son (student Yosef Member) told me Saturday morning that the students were just ignoring the warnings and predicted that a lot would get towed.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:33 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:12 pm
Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:24 am
booneboy92 wrote:
How anyone is around App's campus for longer than a week and decides to not heed parking warnings is beyond me.
My son (student Yosef Member) told me Saturday morning that the students were just ignoring the warnings and predicted that a lot would get towed.
If that’s the case, I hope that it cost them $100 to get Mommy and Daddy’s car out of the yard.

Appmanrcb

Unread post by Appmanrcb » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:38 pm

From An email received earlier….

App State Football Game Day Experience Updates

Thank you to everyone who attended Saturday’s season opener, and we look forward to seeing you at The Rock on Thursday for the nationally televised game against Marshall. Your support for the Mountaineers helps our football program continue its championship tradition and benefits the entire Appalachian State University community.

There are a number of aspects of the game day fan experience that we will improve moving forward. Due to staffing shortages that universities and others in the service industry are experiencing nationwide, we did not provide service to the standard we expect at our stadium entrances, concessions and seating areas on Saturday.

More gates will be opened at the East and West entrances of Kidd Brewer Stadium for the remainder of 2021 home games, based on staffing availability.

More concessions points of sale and cashiers will be on site for remaining games as well, based on staffing availability.

We will allow fans to bring one unopened water bottle per person into the stadium for the remainder of 2021 home games.

See you soon at The Rock. Go App!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:42 am

Appmanrcb wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:38 pm

Thank you to everyone who attended Saturday’s season opener, and we look forward to seeing you at The Rock on Thursday for the nationally televised game against Marshall. Your support for the Mountaineers helps our football program continue its championship tradition and benefits the entire Appalachian State University community.

There are a number of aspects of the game day fan experience that we will improve moving forward. Due to staffing shortages that universities and others in the service industry are experiencing nationwide, we did not provide service to the standard we expect at our stadium entrances, concessions and seating areas on Saturday.

More gates will be opened at the East and West entrances of Kidd Brewer Stadium for the remainder of 2021 home games, based on staffing availability.

More concessions points of sale and cashiers will be on site for remaining games as well, based on staffing availability.

We will allow fans to bring one unopened water bottle per person into the stadium for the remainder of 2021 home games.

Based on what I saw those 3 basic adjustments should help greatly. Took forever to get in on the east side- open at least 2 more gates. Most people probably just want a bottle of water or 2 on a hot day- solved. Add a few more points of sale. If you cut down the concessions backlog in half that will alleviate most of the issues.

As far as staffing goes and people not wanting a gig that is only a few hours just offer a great wage like $25 an hour or whatever it takes. You are taking what, 5 more games including Thursday night?

AppSt91

Unread post by AppSt91 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:27 am

Appmanrcb wrote:

Anybody else get this e-mail? Yosef Club member and season ticket holder and I didn't get it.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:06 am

AppSt91 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:27 am
Appmanrcb wrote:

Anybody else get this e-mail? Yosef Club member and season ticket holder and I didn't get it.
Received it at 9:48 last night from App State Athletics. (appstateathletics@paciolanmail.com)

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:29 am

Appmanrcb wrote:

Sounds like 1 bottle of white liquor per student. This ought to be fun!

AppSt91

Unread post by AppSt91 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:35 am

WASU 93 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:06 am
AppSt91 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:27 am
Appmanrcb wrote:

Received it at 9:48 last night from App State Athletics. (appstateathletics@paciolanmail.com)
Got the one about parking yesterday but not this one. :?:

Blackshirt68

Unread post by Blackshirt68 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:03 pm

Possibly might try vending machines? If help is hard to find, automate!

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:53 pm

Blackshirt68 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:03 pm
Possibly might try vending machines? If help is hard to find, automate!
That’s what I did.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”