Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Chase Brice

Budman2154
School: Appalachian State

Chase Brice

Unread post by Budman2154 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:51 am

Is C. Brice done after this year and if so who do we have to step up for next year at QB?

yosef69

Re: Chase Brice

Unread post by yosef69 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:59 am

I think he technically has one more year, but I would be sort of surprised if he stayed.

TomA415

Unread post by TomA415 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:00 am

Technically he has another year. Will he use it is another question. He’s been around forever so it would surprise me if he came back another year but who knows.

Behind him you’ve got Navy Shuler, DC Tabscott, and Andre Goodman. All really young guys and it wouldn’t surprise me to take another look at transfer portal again next year if Chase leaves.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:20 am

I think he stays the extra year and continues to improve his craft. I just don't see him getting drafted if he leaves this year but perhaps if he is able to put together two really good seasons in a row he might get a chance. Although we lose a lot of super senior receiver we are loaded at that spot and our young kids have already demonstrated that they will be ready to assume the starting responsibilities next year. Other than that, we will lose Bear Hunter at center and perhaps Cam leaves early but the rest of the offensive is returning so I think Chase will see that he still has a lot of talent to work with next year and he sticks around. Of course, I have no idea and this is all just speculation on my part.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:20 am

I disagree. I have nothing to base it on, but I put it at, at least, 50/50 that he stays.

Edit: I agree with T4pizza.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:12 am

Who knows what advice he gets but I think it depends on how this season plays out. At this point he is trying build a clean slate and lose the reputation from Duke. He is doing the right things but what he needs is consistent performances where going into a game the discussion is "Brice is a Stud, how is the opponent going to deal with him?" At this time, he does not get that credibility. In fact, just the opposite, ECU, Miami and even now at Marshall, people analyzing have been giving the edge to the opposing QBs. The reality is, IMO, he has outplayed all opposing QB's thus far. My question is can he get to that point this year or will he need another year to get there? I think he is on the right path regardless.

Just a positive note about neutral observers, I brought two guys to Elon game that are UGA fans. One of them said on way home, "App State's QB is really good, he threw dimes all day long". So he noticed how good he looked and over time many others will realize it too.

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:23 am

So far this season, he’s 60-of-86 (70%) for 751 yards with two interceptions and four TDs.

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:27 am

Just win baby!

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:29 am

And 1 of those ints is hard to pin completely on him(the tipped ball at Miami). Not completely absolved, but sometimes the other guy just makes a really good play.

The nation is gonna get multiple opportunities to see him play on the big networks this year (ECU, Miami, Marshall, ULL, CCU, GaSo). He will have his chances to make an impression.
Give 'em hell!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:42 am

BeauFoster wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:29 am
And 1 of those ints is hard to pin completely on him(the tipped ball at Miami). Not completely absolved, but sometimes the other guy just makes a really good play.

The nation is gonna get multiple opportunities to see him play on the big networks this year (ECU, Miami, Marshall, ULL, CCU, GaSo). He will have his chances to make an impression.
I would make the same case with the one against ECU. We can debate the decision, but the throw was on the money. The defender sold out and jumped the route.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:49 am

I hope he stays long enough to get a Masters,and a couple of rings.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:54 am

Who is QB with the practice squad? I would think they are getting good work against our defense.
Bring Your A Game!

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:58 am

Stonewall wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:49 am
I hope he stays long enough to get a Masters,and a couple of rings.
Me too, then maybe off to the best job in America of holding a clipboard on an NFL sideline?
BLACK SATURDAY

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:50 pm

AppGrad78 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:23 am
So far this season, he’s 60-of-86 (70%) for 751 yards with two interceptions and four TDs.
He's also averaging about 250 yards/game. Of course, our run game is about 80 yards a game less.

yosef95

Unread post by yosef95 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:02 pm

Think I have an interesting viewpoint on Brice. My wife is Duke alum, so we followed Duke very closely last yr. Brice had some troubles, but always told my son, he had like 2-3 seconds to throw or whatever. Bad OLine. Didnt know what to think, but Brice has looked great. It's early on, but think he may be the most talented App passing qb in last 30 yrs. Not best qb, just throwing qb as of yet. Thing I like most about him so far is his teammates love him. He always stays on the field to slap hands with all the oline/skill players after a drive. Hope he stays for next yr too

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:07 pm

huskie3 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:54 am
Who is QB with the practice squad? I would think they are getting good work against our defense.
I believe that Huesman & Shuler are signaling plays in so I would guess one of them?...Goodman is said to be the most dynamic athlete so I am guessing he gets practice squad reps when the opponent has a mobile QB.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:17 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:42 am
BeauFoster wrote:

I would make the same case with the one against ECU. We can debate the decision, but the throw was on the money. The defender sold out and jumped the route.
I kinda remember that play, but not well enough. I do recall Clark said that he specifically called that play to bury the dagger, and remember it was a pretty good throw, just not the move the DB made.

Either way, Bryce has looked pretty darn good considering the circumstances and has made a number of exceptional passes. His picks have definitely not been solely poor decisions (like Jameis Winston seems to make weekly)
Give 'em hell!

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:28 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:

I think ECU was running Cover 3 on that play. The corner took the flat route, kept his eyes on the QB, and just fell back into the throwing lane. He didn't "sell out". Brice didn't read the coverage correctly and threw the ball when he shouldn't have. Clark took responsibility for that because Ponce was wanting to run the ball, but they sent in the play and Brice locked on to his primary target without looking at the coverage.

It was probably the only mistake he made that night that I noticed. However it was on Brice to not throw that ball.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:41 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:28 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:

I think ECU was running Cover 3 on that play. The corner took the flat route, kept his eyes on the QB, and just fell back into the throwing lane. He didn't "sell out". Brice didn't read the coverage correctly and threw the ball when he shouldn't have. Clark took responsibility for that because Ponce was wanting to run the ball, but they sent in the play and Brice locked on to his primary target without looking at the coverage.

It was probably the only mistake he made that night that I noticed. However it was on Brice to not throw that ball.
Dude, I’m not getting into a pi$$ing match with you so that you can write another diatribe to explain your thought. Yes, he acknowledged that he shouldn’t have thrown it. Yes Clark acknowledged that he called it. My point was that Malik beat his man and had leverage. Brice put the ball exactly where it needed to be. The man covering TH came off of him and made a play. To the OP point. Guys on the other team make plays.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:10 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:41 pm
ericsaid wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:28 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:

Dude, I’m not getting into a pi$$ing match with you so that you can write another diatribe to explain your thought. Yes, he acknowledged that he shouldn’t have thrown it. Yes Clark acknowledged that he called it. My point was that Malik beat his man and had leverage. Brice put the ball exactly where it needed to be. The man covering TH came off of him and made a play. To the OP point. Guys on the other team make plays.
The guy wasn't covering TH, he was covering a zone, read the QB's eyes, and dropped into the passing lane. The only play he really had to make was catching the ball as it was basically thrown right to him.

Not sure why you took such offense to that but that's exactly what happened. It wasn't a some great highlight reel play by the DB, dude. It was a bad read by Chase. It was one of the few bad decisions I've seen him make in three games.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”