Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Students acting the fool

BeauFoster
School: Appalachian State

Re: Students acting the fool

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:16 pm

This thread needs to die
Give 'em hell!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:30 pm

MountaineerChemist10 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:51 pm
appdaze wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:05 pm
She's eating up the outrage on twitter. Got exactly what she was hoping to get by posting that, then acting as if she's taking some moral high ground with no agenda. I would say she couldn't show her butt anymore than this but then I saw her Instagram where she literally shows her butt.....I'm not going to condone the behavior of the idiots, but I'm also not going to encourage her TMZ style reporting. I truly hope DG covers the tunnel and is also more careful about who is allowed credentials and puts in measures to keep the press where the press should be.
I looked her up as well. Half of her pics are nothing but boobs & butt. And she thought we were “disgusting”?
She may be back journalist or a legit journalist...who knows...however these comments trying to assassinate this person's journalist qualities by reference to what is on their social media account is about equivalent to the drunkards doing what they did to Marsha players...this an immature...Be better than this...move on
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:41 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:30 pm
appdaze wrote:
She's eating up the outrage on twitter. Got exactly what she was hoping to get by posting that, then acting as if she's taking some moral high ground with no agenda. I would say she couldn't show her butt anymore than this but then I saw her Instagram where she literally shows her butt.....I'm not going to condone the behavior of the idiots, but I'm also not going to encourage her TMZ style reporting. I truly hope DG covers the tunnel and is also more careful about who is allowed credentials and puts in measures to keep the press where the press should be.
I looked her up as well. Half of her pics are nothing but boobs & butt. And she thought we were “disgusting”?
She may be back journalist or a legit journalist...who knows...however these comments trying to assassinate this person's journalist qualities by reference to what is on their social media account is about equivalent to the drunkards doing what they did to Marsha players...this an immature...Be better than this...move on
Assassinate her qualities? Good grief. What you put on your social media that you attach to all your websites that publish your work is part of your journalistic quality. That isn't a private account. Its what she uses for her professional job. I've only made a couple comments on here about it and this is where my comments will stay, but if you want people to move on then you need to go talk to all the App people on twitter that are publicly going after her, including some that regularly post on this website.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:42 am

The video is nothing close to what it was built up to be. In fact if I had seen it before the Tweet my only thought would have been we need to fix that situation and keep fans back.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:33 am

App administration addressed it. It won’t happen again!

AppSt91

Unread post by AppSt91 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:10 pm

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:30 pm

Did we give her credentials? I saw her behind the Marshall bench nearly the entire game. From the angle of the video she was in the tunnel area with the team.
Bring Your A Game!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:12 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:30 pm
appdaze wrote:
Obviously what our students did is not good and should not be tolerated. They are to blame for what they did. I just don't think we should credential people like her and give them access to do things like this against us.

We should look at if the journalist is being professional and not their looks. I don't care what she looks like but I do care if she is going to be professional or just use the website that uses her to not act right. She was not in an area of working journalists such as the press box or press conference area. She was not where she was suppose to be and conveniently did not see what the Marshall players did. This better have been the last time we ever credential her.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:07 pm

Listen, whoever she is it doesn’t justify what our students did. This is on us.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:07 pm

appbio91 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:42 am
The video is nothing close to what it was built up to be. In fact if I had seen it before the Tweet my only thought would have been we need to fix that situation and keep fans back.
Agree here. It does not give those fans a pass but this woman built it up much worse than it was and had no business getting a credential.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:08 pm

huskie3 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:30 pm
Did we give her credentials? I saw her behind the Marshall bench nearly the entire game. From the angle of the video she was in the tunnel area with the team.
She gets credentials to schools and she appeared to have one from us. Only those with a press pass should be able to access the tunnel area like that so if she didn't have one then someone from security messed up by giving her access to prohibited areas.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:15 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:07 pm
Listen, whoever she is it doesn’t justify what our students did. This is on us.
I don't think anyone is saying that what she is justifies what our students did. The video was not as bad as she hyped it but it is still not a good look and those students should likely be banned from some games.

With that said, we don't want unprofessional people getting press passes because it gives them access to do things that they should not be. She is a Marshall fan who was hanging out with Marshall people instead of being the professional that her credential made her represent.

Two things need to happen here. She needs to be removed from getting further credentials and our admin needs to address this, which apparently they have. This can't happen again and is not who we are for sure.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:02 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:18 am
Gonzo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:51 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:25 am
I’m sure they thought they were having a good time and being funny. If they are students, then the administration has an opportunity to make a statement and let people know that this will not be tolerated and any further actions will have consequences.
You really want some 18-19 year old kid to get expelled or face some half-baked academic tribunal for giving the finger or saying the F-word during a football game? Jesus Christ this isn’t BYU.

The sanctimony is out of control. If I roll my eyes any harder they’ll fly from my sockets.

Hey, by the way, spitting at or on someone is a Class 2 misdemeanor in North Carolina. Yelling a bad word is protected speech.
Didn’t say expelled. However, there is a Student Code of Conduct that we all signed in school. I agree with everything that you are saying about the “reporter’s” words aren’t corroborated by the video. However, we live in a world where none of that matters anymore in the world of public opinion. And if the school is going to parade around supporting inclusivity and diversity and creating a safe space, then doing or saying nothing is hypocritical. This is an opportunity to practice what you preach.
I've got an idea, just make them work a few games in the concession stand or taking tickets and we have killed 2 birds with 1 stone!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:33 pm

App91 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:02 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
I’m sure they thought they were having a good time and being funny. If they are students, then the administration has an opportunity to make a statement and let people know that this will not be tolerated and any further actions will have consequences.
You really want some 18-19 year old kid to get expelled or face some half-baked academic tribunal for giving the finger or saying the F-word during a football game? Jesus Christ this isn’t BYU.

The sanctimony is out of control. If I roll my eyes any harder they’ll fly from my sockets.

Hey, by the way, spitting at or on someone is a Class 2 misdemeanor in North Carolina. Yelling a bad word is protected speech.
Didn’t say expelled. However, there is a Student Code of Conduct that we all signed in school. I agree with everything that you are saying about the “reporter’s” words aren’t corroborated by the video. However, we live in a world where none of that matters anymore in the world of public opinion. And if the school is going to parade around supporting inclusivity and diversity and creating a safe space, then doing or saying nothing is hypocritical. This is an opportunity to practice what you preach.
I've got an idea, just make them work a few games in the concession stand or taking tickets and we have killed 2 birds with 1 stone!!
Agree. Pick up some trash around campus. I’m glad that the school acknowledged this and reminded students of the Code of Conduct and that consequences exist if you don’t follow it.

yosef95

Unread post by yosef95 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:50 pm

Here is the summation. These kids were aholes. We've all been aholes at some point. They should be exposed and punished so this ends. This reporter obviously has never been to any kind of public or sporting event. I've been at 1000 and heard way worse. Snowflake

yikas1

Unread post by yikas1 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:11 pm

Yes we need to keep the drunk students away from the visitor tunnel. Their behavior was poor. But we were one section down watching it and my goodness you would have thought by the report that it was the apocalypse. Did anybody mention the Marshall players taunting right back? It was very mild compared to what happens in SEC stadiums all the time. And Kirk Herbatreir needs to shut his Ohio State trap until he knows the whole story.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:19 pm

I didn’t read Herbstreit’s comments as being out of line. He stated that he hated to see it, and that it happens all too often across the college landscape. He called for administrations to hold those accountable. He didn’t speak about App in any form.

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:29 pm

It’s already water under the bridge since the Clemson player supposedly spit on some student that rushed the field - which will be yesterday’s news and soon forgotten as soon as the next incident happens if it hasn’t already.

Discipline the students and move on. Put badass cop up there from now on to move them back.

Anybody that thinks this is terrible has never run out of the tunnel (gauntlet) onto the field at the old Gaffney High School. The first and last words to players were “keep your helmet on and keep moving.”

festus105

Unread post by festus105 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:48 pm

I was at the game in sec 206...

Yes... fans gave Marshall heck everytime they entered and exited the field. Security was always present. Heckling is to be expected. The problem is fans unfortunately cross the line too many times... which is why it's unacceptable. I am sure this will be addressed and we will see changes the next time a team visits.

I will say that I enjoyed the students/fans "Nah, Nah... Hey, Hey, Goodbye" serande on the concourse outside Marshall's locker room after the game. Nothing vulgar, nothing offensive in that...

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:56 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:33 pm
App91 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:02 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

Agree. Pick up some trash around campus. I’m glad that the school acknowledged this and reminded students of the Code of Conduct and that consequences exist if you don’t follow it.
You know, that is a good idea. They could give them two options. Ban them from games for the rest of this year or they can either work concessions or pick up trash for 2 games. It would be a good punishment and help us with the worker shortage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”