Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App and CCU Mention in Dan Wolken Article on Realignment

Stonewall
School: Appalachian State

Re: App and CCU Mention in Dan Wolken Article on Realignment

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:34 pm

Kansas , not K State.Big difference.

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:38 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:34 pm
Kansas , not K State.Big difference.

You’re correct. My mistake.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

Captain Morgan

Unread post by Captain Morgan » Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:59 pm

more news

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... ed-monday/

A proposal to regionalize three Group of Five conferences will be presented to Conference USA presidents Monday. The concept calls for C-USA, the American and the Sun Belt to realign based on the states and regions of teams in an effort to halt ongoing realignment and stabilize budgets at the Group of Five level.

The plan is also intended to convince AAC commissioner Mike Aresco's conference to join the regionalization concept, thus eliminating the threat of Aresco picking off teams from the other two leagues to make up for the recent loss of three teams to the Big 12.

The Sun Belt has not made a decision on whether to expand, stand pat or go with regionalization. That leaves what is left of the eight-team AAC as the key player in the discussion. It could expand by two (or more) teams to make up for the loss of Cincinnati, Houston and UCF ... or assimilate into regionalization.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:11 pm

Wonder who will represent ESPN🙄?

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:49 pm

I don’t like Coastal and think we are better than them right now, but I don’t think they are a one year wonder and I don’t think they’re going anywhere for awhile. They, as an athletic program, built for success. I will always dislike them, but might be time to embrace them as a peer and a rival. Especially since Georgia Southern appears to be shitting the bed. Are they top 15? Absolutely not, but they are a legit top 35 team and I think they will float around the the top 25 for a while falling out every time we beat them.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:51 am

Saw this article last night. It’s a decent reimagining of CUSA, AAC, and the Belt. I’d be ok with this, as it would vastly reduce our costs and bring in some old rivals. I’d miss playing Ga Southern every season, as well as the building rivalry with LaLa, but we can’t always get everything we want. The bowl tie ins and TV money would be a big part of whether it’s actually a good option, as that’s not really mentioned in the article (and couldn’t be - it’s all hypothetical). Decent read nonetheless.

https://saturdayblitz.com/2021/10/11/a ... ference/4/
Give 'em hell!

Howard Street Hooligan

Unread post by Howard Street Hooligan » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:36 am

ericsaid wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:26 am
Howard Street Hooligan wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:53 am
we HAVE to beat them this year.
That's all that matters.

Just win, the rest will take care of itself.

In an ideal world, App beats Louisiana and Coastal, and no one loses another game until Louisiana loses in the championship game in Boone.

Then you have Coastal 11-1, App 12-1, and Louisiana 10-3 at the end of the regular season. That would be three teams with 10 wins for the second year in a row.

If Cincinnati somehow makes it to the playoff, the NY6 spot is still up for grabs and as it stands now, a one loss App team and conference champion would be in a great position to take that spot with how the MWC is shaping up and Cincy not in the picture.
Didn't really think about this until now, but that's a hell of a point. It very well could be the case. Watch out for SDSU though

Howard Street Hooligan

Unread post by Howard Street Hooligan » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:58 am

BeauFoster wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:51 am
Saw this article last night. It’s a decent reimagining of CUSA, AAC, and the Belt. I’d be ok with this, as it would vastly reduce our costs and bring in some old rivals. I’d miss playing Ga Southern every season, as well as the building rivalry with LaLa, but we can’t always get everything we want. The bowl tie ins and TV money would be a big part of whether it’s actually a good option, as that’s not really mentioned in the article (and couldn’t be - it’s all hypothetical). Decent read nonetheless.

While it would make it much harder for us, I wish we could pluck Charlotte, WKU, Memphis, Tulane, Marshall, UAB, Southern Miss and ECU and kick out the dead weight. Obviously not going to happen, but that would be an intriguing conference. Kick out Troy, Texas State, Monroe and South Alabama.

West:
Memphis
Tulane
Louisana
UAB
Southern Miss
Ark State
WKU

East:
App
ECU
Charlotte
Coastal
Marshall
GSU
G Southern

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:19 pm

Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:58 am
BeauFoster wrote:

While it would make it much harder for us, I wish we could pluck Charlotte, WKU, Memphis, Tulane, Marshall, UAB, Southern Miss and ECU and kick out the dead weight. Obviously not going to happen, but that would be an intriguing conference. Kick out Troy, Texas State, Monroe and South Alabama.

West:
Memphis
Tulane
Louisana
UAB
Southern Miss
Ark State
WKU

East:
App
ECU
Charlotte
Coastal
Marshall
GSU
G Southern
I'd take South Alabama over Charlotte. They have a chance to grow into a heckuva program now that they have a real coaching staff.

However according to CBS Sports, sources indicate that App is in consideration for the AAC along with UTSA, UNT, and UAB.

citroknight
School: UCF

Unread post by citroknight » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:33 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:26 am
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:53 am
we HAVE to beat them this year.
That's all that matters.

Just win, the rest will take care of itself.

In an ideal world, App beats Louisiana and Coastal, and no one loses another game until Louisiana loses in the championship game in Boone.

Then you have Coastal 11-1, App 12-1, and Louisiana 10-3 at the end of the regular season. That would be three teams with 10 wins for the second year in a row.

If Cincinnati somehow makes it to the playoff, the NY6 spot is still up for grabs and as it stands now, a one loss App team and conference champion would be in a great position to take that spot with how the MWC is shaping up and Cincy not in the picture.
Cincy going to the playoffs would not open up the G5 NY6 spot. The way the language is written was done so in a way to minimize how many G5 teams they have to take. Cincy going to the playoffs still counts as the G5 using their NY6 spot. So the only way for the SB champ to get an NY6 bowl in that case would be to end up ranked high enough for an at large spot.

Howard Street Hooligan

Unread post by Howard Street Hooligan » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:12 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:19 pm
BeauFoster wrote:

West:
Memphis
Tulane
Louisana
UAB
Southern Miss
Ark State
WKU

East:
App
ECU
Charlotte
Coastal
Marshall
GSU
G Southern
I'd take South Alabama over Charlotte. They have a chance to grow into a heckuva program now that they have a real coaching staff.

However according to CBS Sports, sources indicate that App is in consideration for the AAC along with UTSA, UNT, and UAB.
I have no interest in ever going or watching S Alabama as well as UTSA or UNT. I think you can say the same thing about Charlotte growing but at least they're in the same state and we all know people that went there and a good amount of our alumni live or grew up there.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:40 pm

Beat Tennessee, beat Wake Forest, beat Penn State, beat Miami and we are also still media darlings. Also, FWIW Coastal has been trouncing teams this year (albeit against the 116th toughest schedule in America). We haven't (we're currently 61st in SOS). On the surface they are an exciting team to watch.

SOS Rankings adjusted weekly: https://www.teamrankings.com/college-fo ... h-by-other
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:47 pm

Yes they have played a really weak schedule, but they are dominating the teams on that schedule (with the noted exception of Buffalo) and playing well on both sides of the ball. Statistically they are top 10 in offense and defense and McCall is having a great year as he currently leads FBS in qb efficiency at a level that would be an all time record. All that being said, if we play our game it won't be close and we will blow the doors off of them. Of course, I have yet to see us play our game for an entire 4 quarters this season.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:48 pm

Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:12 pm
ericsaid wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:

West:
Memphis
Tulane
Louisana
UAB
Southern Miss
Ark State
WKU

East:
App
ECU
Charlotte
Coastal
Marshall
GSU
G Southern

I have no interest in ever going or watching S Alabama as well as UTSA or UNT. I think you can say the same thing about Charlotte growing but at least they're in the same state and we all know people that went there and a good amount of our alumni live or grew up there.
I know two or three people that went to Charlotte. Most went to App, ECU, or UNC. Don't care about Charlotte in any sport.

Howard Street Hooligan

Unread post by Howard Street Hooligan » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:51 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:47 pm
Yes they have played a really weak schedule, but they are dominating the teams on that schedule (with the noted exception of Buffalo) and playing well on both sides of the ball. Statistically they are top 10 in offense and defense and McCall is having a great year as he currently leads FBS in qb efficiency at a level that would be an all time record. All that being said, if we play our game it won't be close and we will blow the doors off of them. Of course, I have yet to see us play our game for an entire 4 quarters this season.
I think we need to change our expectations for that game now

Howard Street Hooligan

Unread post by Howard Street Hooligan » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:57 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:48 pm
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:12 pm
ericsaid wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:

West:
Memphis
Tulane
Louisana
UAB
Southern Miss
Ark State
WKU

East:
App
ECU
Charlotte
Coastal
Marshall
GSU
G Southern

I know two or three people that went to Charlotte. Most went to App, ECU, or UNC. Don't care about Charlotte in any sport.
I don’t care about them either but I have more of an interest in App playing them than S Alabama, UTSA or North Texas by a lot.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:08 am

Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:51 pm
t4pizza wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:47 pm
I think we need to change our expectations for that game now
I think maybe you give up to quickly. CCU was never a done deal, but nothing has changed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”