Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ULL discussion

t4pizza
School: Appalachian State

Re: ULL discussion

Unread post by t4pizza » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:31 pm

Georgia State is 1-4, who on this green earth thinks that is a decent team? We have only beaten bad teams and there is absolutely no question about that. Please tell me a good team that we have beaten since Clark was our coach? Look, I like him and want him to win and do really well but it just really isn't happening at this point. We beat teams we should beat because we have superior players and when we play teams that are any good they beat us. Sadly, this is how many college teams start their long slides to mediocrity. It doesn't happen instantly, it is gradual over time and if you don't think that we are in the midst of a gradual decline then I suggest you aren't paying attention. The big question is whether or not Clark can stop the slide and get us back to where we are accustomed.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:34 pm

DAA4597A-4DCC-4C82-95EB-3CFEA7D5D86A.jpeg

DontPlayWithYosef

Unread post by DontPlayWithYosef » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:36 pm

Texas A&M had 2 disappointing losses before stepping up last Saturday and knocking off undefeated #1 Bama. I’ll stay positive that we can rise up next week in the same manner and knock off the undefeated (and overrated) Beach chickens next Wednesday…give em hell!

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:37 pm

appbio91 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:34 pm
The beefier backs were better against a stout DL.

Who could predict such a thing?

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:38 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:23 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:09 pm
ah59396 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:52 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:49 pm
Yeah. Clark has absolutely got to be on the Hot Seat now. This team has too much talent to be coming out like this. S&C looks soft too
Stop it you’re embarrassing yourself with this nonsense. Clark is no where close to a “hot seat”.
I'm not sure what games you have been watching and what program you cheer for, but if you haven't seen some underlying issues over the course of this season that all blew up in a big way this evening, then you sir are the one who should be embarrassed. This isn't the first time this year I've seen an unprepared and unmotivated football team wearing black and gold, add in undisciplined to that tonight. This is college football , not the pros, so yes, inlook to the guy in charge. I love Shawn and have had the chance to talk to him many times, but my personal feelings toward him as a person have to be laid aside based on the glaring issues I've seen thus far. Hot Seat doesn't mean I'm calling for him to be fired, it means we better start seeing improvement in the areas that we are weakest. Haven't seen that yet, and in fact, have seen regression. Clear enough?
Shawn is 14-5 and 2-0 in bowl games.

Tonight was a disaster, but Clark is no where near a hot seat. You are overreacting to an incredibly brutal performance tonight and sounding foolish. We blew out a decent Ga State team a week ago, was Clark on the hot seat then? How about 2 weeks before that when we took Miami to the limit and a couple dropped passes were the difference maker?

Foolishness.
Yes, I had concerns when we played unmotivated against Elon. I also had concerns when we struggled for a half with Ga State. I had even bigger concerns when I saw Marshall manhandling us in the trenches. We have a lot of injuries, facts, but the lack of motivation and preparedness in a key game that we have seen flashes of in games prior is a major problem and not an over reaction. To quote SC, I want to see Bombs over Baghdad and us sandpapering some asses. Have you been seeing any of that this year? We aren't this "conservative laid back type of program and then we turn it on when we need to." We need to punch them in the face early and kick them in the ass the rest of the way as they run with their tails between their legs. This is App State football and I just saw our guys get manhandled by an EFFING conference opponent, not even a P5 destination school. I'm extra pissed about this game because eof what I've been seeing leading up to it and I so desperately wanted not to be true.....
The Appalachian State

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:41 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:31 pm
Georgia State is 1-4, who on this green earth thinks that is a decent team? We have only beaten bad teams and there is absolutely no question about that. Please tell me a good team that we have beaten since Clark was our coach? Look, I like him and want him to win and do really well but it just really isn't happening at this point. We beat teams we should beat because we have superior players and when we play teams that are any good they beat us. Sadly, this is how many college teams start their long slides to mediocrity. It doesn't happen instantly, it is gradual over time and if you don't think that we are in the midst of a gradual decline then I suggest you aren't paying attention. The big question is whether or not Clark can stop the slide and get us back to where we are accustomed.
Bingo. My thoughts exactly. I've been talking myself out of this for weeks now, but tonight was a wake up call to validate my concerns
The Appalachian State

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:41 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:38 pm
ah59396 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
Yeah. Clark has absolutely got to be on the Hot Seat now. This team has too much talent to be coming out like this. S&C looks soft too
Stop it you’re embarrassing yourself with this nonsense. Clark is no where close to a “hot seat”.
I'm not sure what games you have been watching and what program you cheer for, but if you haven't seen some underlying issues over the course of this season that all blew up in a big way this evening, then you sir are the one who should be embarrassed. This isn't the first time this year I've seen an unprepared and unmotivated football team wearing black and gold, add in undisciplined to that tonight. This is college football , not the pros, so yes, inlook to the guy in charge. I love Shawn and have had the chance to talk to him many times, but my personal feelings toward him as a person have to be laid aside based on the glaring issues I've seen thus far. Hot Seat doesn't mean I'm calling for him to be fired, it means we better start seeing improvement in the areas that we are weakest. Haven't seen that yet, and in fact, have seen regression. Clear enough?

Tonight was a disaster, but Clark is no where near a hot seat. You are overreacting to an incredibly brutal performance tonight and sounding foolish. We blew out a decent Ga State team a week ago, was Clark on the hot seat then? How about 2 weeks before that when we took Miami to the limit and a couple dropped passes were the difference maker?

Foolishness.
Yes, I had concerns when we played unmotivated against Elon. I also had concerns when we struggled for a half with Ga State. I had even bigger concerns when I saw Marshall manhandling us in the trenches. We have a lot of injuries, facts, but the lack of motivation and preparedness in a key game that we have seen flashes of in games prior is a major problem and not an over reaction. To quote SC, I want to see Bombs over Baghdad and us sandpapering some asses. Have you been seeing any of that this year? We aren't this "conservative laid back type of program and then we turn it on when we need to." We need to punch them in the face early and kick them in the ass the rest of the way as they run with their tails between their legs. This is App State football and I just saw our guys get manhandled by an EFFING conference opponent, not even a P5 destination school. I'm extra pissed about this game because eof what I've been seeing leading up to it and I so desperately wanted not to be true.....
Could not have said it better myself.

Cajuns just punked us like we haven’t been punked in a while. Start to finish, we looked like an fcs tune up game on prime time tv against a conference rival. Unacceptable and someone needs to be used as a scapegoat.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:42 pm

If something doesn’t change we will be Georgia southern in no time.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:43 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:29 pm
Some of these takes are hall of famers. Including throwing Jerry Moore under the bus and of course firing everyone starting with Clark. I understand emotions are running high and we are all disappointed. But let’s not abandon the season just yet. This was Louisiana’s super bowl just like next week will be ours. They out played us. It happens. But I predict we play very well against Coastal. Everyone calm down a bit. We still control our own destiny.
Well. We need to start having the mentality that every game we play is our super bowl especially conference games.
The Appalachian State

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:45 pm

appstatealum wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:

Foolishness.
That’s fine to be mad, I have high expectations too. But they also need to be realistic. A 14-5 head coach is not on a hot seat after a blow out, on the road, on Tuesday, to a good team.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not making excuses for him, tonight was as bad a loss as I can remember for App and that’s problematic and better get fixed. But the grass isn’t always greener to go run out and find someone else.

Despite what you and Yosef69 think, consistently winning, even against bad teams, isn’t easy. If it was, everyone would do it. And they don’t.
YNWA

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:47 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:45 pm
appstatealum wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
ah59396 wrote:

Foolishness.
That’s fine to be mad, I have high expectations too. But they also need to be realistic. A 14-5 head coach is not on a hot seat after a blow out, on the road, on Tuesday, to a good team.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not making excuses for him, tonight was as bad a loss as I can remember for App and that’s problematic and better get fixed. But the grass isn’t always greener to go run out and find someone else.

Despite what you and Yosef69 think, consistently winning, even against bad teams, isn’t easy. If it was, everyone would do it. And they don’t.
I usually agree with your takes. But who has Shawn Clark beaten? Marshall 2 weeks ago is his best win as coach. And they’re not even good.

If this team plays like this again next week it’ll be two weeks in a row getting pantsed on ESPN. How will that affect our program? Not in a good way.

App1982

Unread post by App1982 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:52 pm

I typically am not critical, but we did not show up tonight, mentally or physically. Maybe coaches need to consider looking to next generation of football players. Put the younger guys in the game.

If we play like this against Coastal I think it is time to look for new leadership.

Howard Street Hooligan

Unread post by Howard Street Hooligan » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:54 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:30 pm
ah59396 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:

Foolishness.
He has now lost 5 games vs opponents who aren’t on life support.

He has only won 1.
Yup, this shouldn’t be ignored

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:56 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:47 pm

I usually agree with your takes. But who has Shawn Clark beaten? Marshall 2 weeks ago is his best win as coach. And they’re not even good.

If this team plays like this again next week it’ll be two weeks in a row getting pantsed on ESPN. How will that affect our program? Not in a good way.
He beat a 9-4 UAB team in a bowl game.

His losses are:

Louisiana 2x (home and away)
@ Coastal
@ Miami
@ Marshall

This year alone we have wins against 3-3 ECU and 3-3 Marshall. Do they both suck? I don’t think so, there’s lots of season left.

I mean the guy has almost 2 full seasons under his belt and has one home loss. And he’s on the hot seat???
YNWA

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:58 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:56 pm
yosef69 wrote:

His losses are:

@ Coastal
@ Miami
@ Marshall

This year alone we have wins against 3-3 ECU and 3-3 Marshall. Do they both suck? I don’t think so, there’s lots of season left.

I mean the guy has almost 2 full seasons under his belt and has one home loss. And he’s on the hot seat???
You’re right that he’s not on the hot seat but it’s currently lukewarm and can move to warm next Wednesday.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:03 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:58 pm
ah59396 wrote:
yosef69 wrote:

His losses are:

@ Coastal
@ Miami
@ Marshall

You’re right that he’s not on the hot seat but it’s currently lukewarm and can move to warm next Wednesday.
If we get blown out again next week at home and look lost like tonight, I’ll increase my own heat meter, haha.

But I got a feeling we will bounce back and play a great game. Football is funny like that.
YNWA

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:07 pm

Can we let the games play out before condemning the season? Last year shouldn’t even be on anyone’s radar. It was throw away year. We got spanked tonight. But we haven’t lost to coastal yet. Before this game everyone was sure we’d go in and win over a now 5-1 Louisiana team. I’m not sure why it’s
So impossible to think we can’t beat coastal at our place next week. When dealing with 18-22 year old kids it’s always going to be a challenge each week. And here’s a news flash, the other team practices too

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:07 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:03 pm
yosef69 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:58 pm
ah59396 wrote:
yosef69 wrote:

His losses are:

@ Coastal
@ Miami
@ Marshall

If we get blown out again next week at home and look lost like tonight, I’ll increase my own heat meter, haha.

But I got a feeling we will bounce back and play a great game. Football is funny like that.
From your keyboard to the football gods ears!

ASU843

Unread post by ASU843 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:10 pm

Lets put it this way. We have a great football program here. I think we all agree. But we must be vigilant and not let it slide. It will be hard to get back(Tennessee) if we are not careful. Im not saying we should fire our coach. But I am concerned. No energy tonight and poor preparation.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:21 pm

appbio91 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:34 pm
I said this on the paid board.

Give me Smith and Castle in this game. There is no way Noel was the better option to run into the teeth of that SEC size defense than Smith or Castle. There is a reason Castle has two long TD runs this season and it isn't because of garbage time. It's because he can literally bounce off of and run through guys. Smith has shown he could run through guys. Noel has shown that he cannot do that. He showed it at Miami and he showed it tonight.

Love him as a change of pace back but not as the primary ball carrier.

Also, if you're going to burn McKnight and White's redshirt, use them. When your defensive line is getting blown off the ball because you have double team after double team on your 235 and 245 lb defensive ends, put in the big guns. Get some guys who can anchor.

This 3-4 will be great next week against an undersized Coastal line. The linebackers will be free to flow to the ball and our guys will get off of blocks, but that sh$& doesn't work against teams like Louisiana who's tight end is even 6'6 275 lbs. It may work against Coastal, South Alabama, and Troy but it's not going to continue to work against Louisiana who has an SEC sized roster.

We didn't get out schemed or out played. They were too big down the stretch for the defense to hold up. Napier called shots he hasn't called in three years as a head coach there. Never has he come out throwing the ball deep every other play. Then they get in the Red Zone, are stone walled for two plays, and then score on third down when we can't get Levi down.

Bring on Coastal, but for the love of God please make better personnel decisions on offense.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”