Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ULL discussion

yosef69
School: Appalachian State

Re: ULL discussion

Unread post by yosef69 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:26 am

mikeyosef wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:16 am
I believe this game will be a real brawl and though we should win, it's college football and anything can happen; just ask Bama. I worry too many of us are overlooking this game in anticipation of CC. I know you guys will say the team is locked, loaded and focused on the Louisiana game (I'm sure they are) but in my experience when fans are fixated on future games instead of the one right in front of them, the team can't help but be distracted. Any minor distraction might be too much to win on Tuesday and I'm worried. Just win baby, 1-0!
Fans attention does not affect the team. We are not the ones watching film and practicing. Our discussion of CC has no impact on this game.

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:37 am

All the fans in America can overlook an opponent for the next one on the schedule. It's the team that can't!

mikeyosef

Unread post by mikeyosef » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:42 am

yosef69 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:26 am
mikeyosef wrote:
I believe this game will be a real brawl and though we should win, it's college football and anything can happen; just ask Bama. I worry too many of us are overlooking this game in anticipation of CC. I know you guys will say the team is locked, loaded and focused on the Louisiana game (I'm sure they are) but in my experience when fans are fixated on future games instead of the one right in front of them, the team can't help but be distracted. Any minor distraction might be too much to win on Tuesday and I'm worried. Just win baby, 1-0!
Fans attention does not affect the team. We are not the ones watching film and practicing. Our discussion of CC has no impact on this game.
I beg to differ; this team's players are in classes daily with their fans, some of whom read and comment on this board. Not to mention the fans they are in contact with in the Boone community, also readers and posters on this board. Our team's players are not professionals, they're kids in their teens and twenties. Let's just go 1-0.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:10 am

mikeyosef wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:42 am
yosef69 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:26 am
mikeyosef wrote:
I beg to differ; this team's players are in classes daily with their fans, some of whom read and comment on this board. Not to mention the fans they are in contact with in the Boone community, also readers and posters on this board. Our team's players are not professionals, they're kids in their teens and twenties. Let's just go 1-0.
This is true and they even have Twitter, family, agents, media, 247 board, etc that they hear from or read. They are human like the rest of us and hear the noise. It is naive to think they don't hear the outside stuff and those that say that have not played. These guys are human just like the rest of us.

Beat ULL! 1-0! Continue the revenge!

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:46 pm

I do find it very concerning that there appears to be more chatter about Coastal than Louisiana and we play Louisiana tomorrow. Hopefully the players aren't paying attention to it but it is hard to think that they aren't hearing it.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:49 pm

Personally I see ULL as the bigger the rivalry. We play them every year and potentially twice a year if they are fortunate to make it to a SBC game to play us again.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:13 pm

Dale needs to have some timely blitz packages that hit, especially need to test the left side of their OL. Hoping Taylor, who's #7 in QB pressures so far, finally gets home. D has to contain Lewis and not allow him to break off big runs when pass plays breakdown.
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:34 pm

After losing to them last year I would assume the players are focused for tomorrow night. Assume they should be landing down there soon.

Appmountaineers19
School: Other

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:42 pm

Is the injury list looking better for tomorrow?

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:02 pm

Technically, we can lose to ULL, beat Coastal and win out, then get revenge win against ULL in the conference championship.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:31 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:02 pm
Technically, we can lose to ULL, beat Coastal and win out, then get revenge win against ULL in the conference championship.
Don't speak that blasphemy! I want revenge twice this year. For every one time they beat us we need to give get revenge in regular season and in the title game. ULL is a real good team and I sure hope we have a good amount of fans making the trip to cheer us on!

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:41 pm

ASUBlack Diamond wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:32 pm
Anyone headed down to the game? If so let me know. Always like to gather with some APP fans where ever we go. GO APP!!!
We are currently in New Orleans. Renting a car tomorrow and driving up to the game.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:29 pm

APP -5 now
BLACK SATURDAY

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:39 pm

mikeyosef wrote:
Fans seem to be focused on Coastal fans, not Coastal the team. They have had Marshall, GSU, Louisiana, and Coastal circled since December of 2020. Those were App's worst performances last season and two of those reckonings are done. If App's improvement from GSU 2020 to GSU 2021 is any indication, the level of focus should be incredibly high and there really should be no barrier to concentration. It's not like Louisiana is USA or Troy, good teams who App hasn't had much history with as of late. Louisiana is a team App lost to last year, barely, after playing one of the worst games I've seen them play until the final 5 minutes. Virgil was about 4 inches from having a game winning touchdown catch and then a FG was missed to tie the game. Then App played them twice in 2018 and 2019. Championship level atmosphere and preparation, sir. Have no doubt.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:02 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:31 pm
Don't speak that blasphemy! I want revenge twice this year. For every one time they beat us we need to give get revenge in regular season and in the title game. ULL is a real good team and I sure hope we have a good amount of fans making the trip to cheer us on!
Just giving an example of it being ok to look past Louisiana and talk about Coastal instead.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:05 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:39 pm
mikeyosef wrote:
Fans seem to be focused on Coastal fans, not Coastal the team. They have had Marshall, GSU, Louisiana, and Coastal circled since December of 2020. Those were App's worst performances last season and two of those reckonings are done. If App's improvement from GSU 2020 to GSU 2021 is any indication, the level of focus should be incredibly high and there really should be no barrier to concentration. It's not like Louisiana is USA or Troy, good teams who App hasn't had much history with as of late. Louisiana is a team App lost to last year, barely, after playing one of the worst games I've seen them play until the final 5 minutes. Virgil was about 4 inches from having a game winning touchdown catch and then a FG was missed to tie the game. Then App played them twice in 2018 and 2019. Championship level atmosphere and preparation, sir. Have no doubt.
Louisiana did their hardest to hand us the victory last year and we refused to accept it.

Zeke.Midas007
School: Other

Unread post by Zeke.Midas007 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:59 am

Dec 04, 2020 - Louisiana 24 vs. Appalachian State 21
Dec 07, 2019 - Appalachian State 45 vs. Louisiana 38
Oct 09, 2019 - Appalachian State 17 vs. Louisiana 7
Dec 01, 2018 - Appalachian State 30 vs. Louisiana 19
Oct 20, 2018 - Appalachian State 27 vs. Louisiana 17
Dec 02, 2017 - Appalachian State 63 vs. Louisiana 14
Oct 12, 2016 - Appalachian State 24 vs. Louisiana 0
Nov 28, 2015 - Appalachian State 28 vs. Louisiana 7
"Well," said the wolf, "and I'll go and see her too. I'll go this way and go you that, and we shall see who will be there first."
- Zeke Midas aka The Big Bad Wolf

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:02 am

Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:02 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:31 pm
Just giving an example of it being ok to look past Louisiana and talk about Coastal instead.
Losing this game can technically be okay for the league title but not mentally. We need to get revenge on everyone who beat us last year in a big way. I respect ULL but fully expect and hope to win.

TomA415

Unread post by TomA415 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:07 am

Is Cam supposed to play? Posted a message on his Instagram this morning about being patient. I know we’re getting Daetrich back but no Cam would be a huge loss

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:49 am

TomA415 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:07 am
Is Cam supposed to play? Posted a message on his Instagram this morning about being patient. I know we’re getting Daetrich back but no Cam would be a huge loss
Lord I hope so. Based on the press conference earlier this week he was supposed to be ready. Cam does post cryptic messages that aren't really related to football that gets fans worked up pretty often so I'm not going to read into it too much.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”