Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Thoughts from Louisiana

CajunDave1
School: Louisiana-Lafayette

Thoughts from Louisiana

Unread post by CajunDave1 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:58 am

I know last night was difficult for App and all of your fans. Louisiana and our fans certainly know that feeling, having been punched in the mouth by the Mountaineer's every season up until last year. Last night, the Cajuns finally played a complete game and were outstanding in all phases of the game. The Mountaineer's just so happened to get into the path of an oncoming freight train and had no way to get out of its path.

With that said, the vast majority of Cajun fans have a tremendous amount of respect for App State, your football program and long history of success. The results of the game last night, will not change that opinion. There is no doubt in this Cajun's mind that the Mountaineer's will bounce back from this defeat and be ready to play next week against CCU. I know that Cajun Nation will be 100% behind the Mountaineer's when the Chant's go to Boone next Wednesday!

Best of luck to the Mountaineer's the rest of the season and we hope to see you guys back in Lafayette for the SBC Championship game. I have no doubt that if it happens, we will see a very different App team than the one we saw last night.

Regards,
CajunDave

PhillyApp1

Re: Thoughts from Louisiana

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:50 pm

CajunDave1 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:58 am
I know last night was difficult for App and all of your fans. Louisiana and our fans certainly know that feeling, having been punched in the mouth by the Mountaineer's every season up until last year. Last night, the Cajuns finally played a complete game and were outstanding in all phases of the game. The Mountaineer's just so happened to get into the path of an oncoming freight train and had no way to get out of its path.

With that said, the vast majority of Cajun fans have a tremendous amount of respect for App State, your football program and long history of success. The results of the game last night, will not change that opinion. There is no doubt in this Cajun's mind that the Mountaineer's will bounce back from this defeat and be ready to play next week against CCU. I know that Cajun Nation will be 100% behind the Mountaineer's when the Chant's go to Boone next Wednesday!

Best of luck to the Mountaineer's the rest of the season and we hope to see you guys back in Lafayette for the SBC Championship game. I have no doubt that if it happens, we will see a very different App team than the one we saw last night.

Regards,
CajunDave
Thank you for your words..... we aren’t used to being dominated like last night

Longrifle28
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:25 pm

CajunDave1 wrote:

Regards,
CajunDave
Thank you for the kindness and respect. Last night was an ass whoopin of epic preportions. I hope you don't get used to it ;)
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

ApexASU

Unread post by ApexASU » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:37 pm

Thank you. This is why Cajuns are respected.

Wally

Unread post by Wally » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:43 pm

You boys whipped our ass all over the field last night, I hope that motivates our guys to take care of business and find our way back to settle that score in December.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:19 pm

CajunDave1 wrote:

Regards,
CajunDave
Thanks CajunDave. Cajuns and Mountaineers have earned respect for each other. Sun Belt fan base class "Cream of the Crop".
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

kearlnc1

Unread post by kearlnc1 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:24 pm

Those are kind thoughts from our SBC brethren. You whipped us like a high school team. Congratulations on a complete game. Good luck on the rest of your season and hope to see you in the SBC championship game. Looking forward to feasting on some boudin with the great Cajun fans.

Kafarmer

Unread post by Kafarmer » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:43 pm

Wow Dave...... the Cajuns were a freight train for sure. On a roll and the wheels came off the Mountaineers. Sometimes it happens like that. Believe me, we will bounce back next week and bring the Chants back down to earth. Just do us a favor and play the rest of the schedule like that. At least until December 4.

Gears

Unread post by Gears » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:55 pm

CajunDave1 wrote:

Regards,
CajunDave
Yes, thanks for your post Dave... shows a lot of class…the Cajuns played a heck of a game… we are not used to being on the receiving end of such a beating. Really appreciate the kind words…Good luck the rest of the season and hopefully we will see you in the championship game again.

Captain Morgan

Unread post by Captain Morgan » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:45 pm

Dave, you are welcome here any time. That was a very classy post, something that is rare on sports fans message boards.

A hearty congratulations on your overwhelming victory. I'm also glad to see that all those congratulating your team on this thread aren't making any excuses.

The Cajuns were the better team by far. Good luck to you! Hopefully beating App will get you enough votes to get back in the Top 25.
Last edited by Captain Morgan on Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:03 pm

Fire Billy Napier!!!!

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:08 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:03 pm
Fire Billy Napier!!!!
In our dreams. After all the losses we handed them Napier has put a good product together. Can't say much bad about him or his team. They brought it and we didn't. Hats off to Napier and team. They are a legit rival for sure now. However I have not seen much if any of our faithful bashing them for what they have put together the last few seasons. Mutual respect, not like the hate we all have for GaSo.

AppYosef!

Unread post by AppYosef! » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:33 pm

My thoughts on the what the coaches probably said to each other after the game...

Clark: "Great game. Your guys really played great tonight."
Napier: "Well, we worked hard getting ready for this game and we were due after all the times you guys have beaten us the past few years."
Clark: "Good luck with the rest of the season. I hope we will meet you again in the Championship game."
Napier: "Me too! Now go beat those Beach Chickens next week and show them who really rules this conference!"

At least that's what I expect a couple of coaches from top teams who respect each other to say.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:35 pm

AppYosef! wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:33 pm
My thoughts on the what the coaches probably said to each other after the game...

Clark: "Great game. Your guys really played great tonight."
Napier: "Well, we worked hard getting ready for this game and we were due after all the times you guys have beaten us the past few years."
Clark: "Good luck with the rest of the season. I hope we will meet you again in the Championship game."
Napier: "Me too! Now go beat those Beach Chickens next week and show them who really rules this conference!"

At least that's what I expect a couple of coaches from top teams who respect each other to say.
Well maybe not that nice and respectful. 😕

Cajun Mac

Unread post by Cajun Mac » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:37 pm

I wanted to reiterate CajunDave's sentiments. Last night was a great win for Louisiana and a tough loss for the Mountaineers, but I don't see last night as a reflection of where the App program is this year. I watched all of your game against Miami and I was able to catch the second half of the Marshall game. Going into last night, because we had executed so poorly thought our first five games and because I thought y'all had performed so much closer to your ability, I really thought this was going to be a 10+ point loss for the Cajuns. But y'all had a bad night and we, I believe, finally executed to our players and coaches ability. I will take the win, no doubt, but don't drink the Kool-aid just yet.

The opening lines of our fight song are "Fight on, Cajuns,..." and so "Fight On!" is a common phrase among Cajun faithful. So I'll leave with this: Fight On, Mountaineers! Crush the teal beach chickens next weekend and we can tee it up again in December!

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:03 am

Thank you CajunDave and CajunMac. I often compare our rivalry with the Cajuns to our FCS days and the rivalry we had with Montana. Lots of mutual respect between rivals. I was at the game Tuesday and the Cajun fans were very welcoming. See you in December!

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:16 am

CajunDave and CajunMac,

Thank you for the kind words. I was there several years ago and your fans treated me great. I had a blast at the tailgate and had fun dancing to the "chicken dance" or something like that. I can't remember the name. All I know, we had a great time.

Hope to see you guys in a few months down there for the SBC Championship game. Keep winning and keep moving up in the polls.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:49 am

CajunDave1 wrote:

Regards,
CajunDave

Thanks for that post. Very classy indeed! I hope you understand that the thing upsetting most of us is more the WAY we lost than the fact that Louisiana won the game. Personally, I can handle getting outplayed by a very good team, which UL is! I don't LIKE it, but I can handle it. Tuesday was a case where Louisiana was in the zone and played like you're supposed to . Unfortunately, App absolutely bungled our way through the game. It just seemed to be a comedy of errors and was painful to watch. I think App can play with you guys and even beat you, but it will take our "A" game. The Cajuns are legit and earned the W. Just wish we had made you work a little harder for it!

I hope we get a rematch and can see both teams playing their "A" games.

CajunDave1

Unread post by CajunDave1 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:15 am

AppState89 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:16 am
CajunDave and CajunMac,

Thank you for the kind words. I was there several years ago and your fans treated me great. I had a blast at the tailgate and had fun dancing to the "chicken dance" or something like that. I can't remember the name. All I know, we had a great time.

Hope to see you guys in a few months down there for the SBC Championship game. Keep winning and keep moving up in the polls.
LOL!!!! You are referring to tailgating with the Krewe de Chew! Just fyi, I was the "Roosta" during the "chicken dance"!!!! LOL!!!!

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:22 am

Ragin Cajuns may be the best team in the state right now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”