Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Coaching is the issue

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Re: Coaching is the issue

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:46 pm

sorry - I don't make it to the games anymore and when I did go it was to enjoy the game, the band, the team, the atmosphere and the fans and not for any other reasons ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppSt12
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by AppSt12 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:51 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:46 pm
sorry - I don't make it to the games anymore and when I did go it was to enjoy the game, the band, the team, the atmosphere and the fans and not for any other reasons ---
Yes sir. We'll glad you support the team how you can. Have a good one my man.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:15 pm

AppSt12 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:26 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:19 pm
AppSt12 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:47 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:36 pm
Can't cure stupid ---
1. If any post you will ever have is violently opposing any criticism...there is no reason for you to be involved in fan message boards. If all you are going to say is "we tried our best" or "things happen" then you are not bringing anything to the table.

2. Calling me stupid? You would never say that to my face. You are a keyboard warrior.
What is that you are bringing to the table? Why are you against people telling you that “it happens?” You are complaining about stuff that you have no control over. You admittedly state that you don’t have the answers to your perceived issues with the team. If any exist. So that translates to you whining.

Did you watch any football games today? Florida committed 4 turnovers and LSU’s RB had a career day. LSU had no business winning that game, but here we are. It DOES happen.

As for your comments to WVAPPeer. While you take exception to using the word Stupid, Fair enough. But I know that WVAPPeer has been coaching football longer than you have been alive.
My only issue is his personal insult. I never said anything about him. He's a keyboard warrior. Nothing I said was crazy. You may not agree, but all sound diagnostics on the issues based on my opinions. That is what these message boards are for.

I'm an app graduate, yosef club member and financial supporter of the program. I have the right to express what I see. I have disrespected no one. But I have PMd this fellow, he has my name and number and I'd be glad to allow him to educate me more on the game of football in person. I have invited him to reach out to me so we can meet up at the Coastal game and he can teach me some.Xs and Os
You are correct. You have every right to express an opinion on what you see. And honestly, to form the opinion on what you see, particularly on a television broadcast is not unreasonable. However, my issue with opinions, such as yours is that they don’t come with a deeper dive into why things happen or don’t. Teams match up differently and some have the right personnel to expose weaknesses.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:48 am

A lot of these questions will be answered Wednesday.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:56 am

Stonewall wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:48 am
A lot of these questions will be answered Wednesday.
See, I don't think a more true statement has been made on this thread (and I've made a lot).

trjinc@triad.rr.com

Unread post by trjinc@triad.rr.com » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:41 pm

I've been blue after the embarrassment of UL. We were outcoached, out played, but the real problem was our guys give no effort or fight. Receivers we're not fighting for extra yardage. They were falling down b4 getting hit. Our OC never called any of the plays he called vs ECU. No bubble screens. You have to get.the ball to your best players. We did not do that at all.

Every time we are on Nat TV we lay egg after egg. Two straight to LA, GSU at home, Marshall last year. And how bad is Miami? Gave that one away too.

Until we decide to pay assts more than any other SBC schools, we will continue to slide as a program. Our Assts are from the trash heap.

My only hope is that we play with pride, and effort with our hair on fire. If we don't, we will get hammered Wed night.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:20 pm

AppSt12 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:47 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:36 pm
Can't cure stupid ---
1. If any post you will ever have is violently opposing any criticism...there is no reason for you to be involved in fan message boards. If all you are going to say is "we tried our best" or "things happen" then you are not bringing anything to the table.

2. Calling me stupid? You would never say that to my face. You are a keyboard warrior.
I have argued with wvapp a million times on this board but dude relax. Clark is a fine hire. Yes I said it. Last year doesn’t count. It just doesn’t. Losing to Louisiana sucked but they played very well and we didn’t. Let’s see how Wednesday turns out. I predict a very strong performance. Basically challenging people to fistfights on a message board is ridiculous. As odds are you two could sit beside each other and cheer together.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:26 pm

AppSt12 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:57 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:53 pm
Actually I would say that to anyone who makes these kinds of statements when clearly you have no idea what it takes to be a coach -
Great! I PMd you my name and number. See you at the game Wednesday! You can tech me how to coach!

Go App!
Dude you aren’t making yourself look good. We are all app fans. Calm down

LKN_Lawyer

Unread post by LKN_Lawyer » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:49 pm

AppSt12 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:34 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:30 pm
Just for clarification - I didn't specifically call anyone stupid - I made a declarative statement, however it was implied about the comments - and thanks for the support 94 but he probably has been alive longer than I had coached but I appreciate the point you made :D
Hey brother I pmd you my info. Would love to meet up at the game so you can teach me to avoid such stupid opinions.
Got us a real live Big Mouth Billy Bad Ass here fellas.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:57 pm

Been away a few days in BE watching the leaves turn...and look what's going down here?

I'd hate to imagine what might happen if WV owed you money.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:27 pm

mike87 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:26 am
Yosef10 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:38 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:41 am
I said this when it was announced and agian last season: I did not like or understand the Clark hiring. It looked to me like the AD was so busy looking for another job that he just gave Clark the job. That said, this is probably App State football. I expect a lot of 8-4, 9-3, 10-2 seasons. Averaging nine or so wins a yeas isn't bad and is probably the best we can do. I'm not sure we can take this program to the next level. When Heupel left UCF, they paid Malzahn over 2 million. Fickell makes over 3 million at Cincinnati. Kalani Sitake makes over a million at BYU. In the Sunbelt, Napier makes 2 million (Chadwell makes 850,000) Clark makes less than 500,000. My point is, we don't seem to have the money to be a consistent top G5 program.
Look, I’m not on the “fire Clark!!” train, even after last nights result, but I said it at the time - it was a lazy hire. Doesn’t necessarily mean a bad hire, but definitely lazy. It sounds harsh, but the only reason Shawn Clark has the job is because it says graduate of App State on his resume. Hope he has them ready to roll a week from now.
that's a cheap shot. Clark earned the hire and it was a good one. And i'm proud to have App State on my resume.
It’s not a cheap shot, there was no reason for this program to settle for a guy who had only coached OL besides a CO-OC title in name only and then the Asst Head Coach tag in 2019. Still TBD if it was a good hire. And I’m proud as well and that’s not at all what I was saying, but you already knew that.

trjinc@triad.rr.com

Unread post by trjinc@triad.rr.com » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:49 pm

Our AD has to commit to paying if we want to continue to assend. If not, we won't. He has to commit to paying first, then find the $. How can LA and freaking Coastal do it, but we can't.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:46 pm

Ok...remind me here...since App joined the SBC how many championships has Louisiana won? How about Coastal? Yeah, that's right... Wake Up
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:21 pm

trjinc@triad.rr.com wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:41 pm
I've been blue after the embarrassment of UL. We were outcoached, out played, but the real problem was our guys give no effort or fight. Receivers we're not fighting for extra yardage. They were falling down b4 getting hit. Our OC never called any of the plays he called vs ECU. No bubble screens. You have to get.the ball to your best players. We did not do that at all.

Every time we are on Nat TV we lay egg after egg. Two straight to LA, GSU at home, Marshall last year. And how bad is Miami? Gave that one away too.

Until we decide to pay assts more than any other SBC schools, we will continue to slide as a program. Our Assts are from the trash heap.

My only hope is that we play with pride, and effort with our hair on fire. If we don't, we will get hammered Wed night.
Did you not stop to think the reason there were no bubble screens is because LaLa had that schemed against? Whenever we had 2+ on a side set up for a screen, they had at least 1 more defender. What that means is we had a shot on the other side in single coverage and no safety help. Problem is, we didn't hit those this game. We did the week before, we do in practice every damn day, but were off on that day. If we hit just 2 (especially the fade on the first drive to Sutton in the end zone), its a different game.

Also, regarding the assistants... until our alumni and fans can give more to Yosef Club, that just simply isn't going to happen. The amount of experience we have on staff with the limited budget is unreal. I hope you donate to Yosef Club. If not, please start with just $5 a month. It means more than you know!
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:15 am

Just listened to Coach Clark presser. I was not familiar with him prior to being named HC other than he played and was assistant at App. St. His opening presser as HC was ehh....after hearing him more and more. I like him a lot. Hope he continues to be successful at App. 9-3 last year and whatever our winning record is this year (hopefully only 2 losses).. Blue collar guy..Ready for Wednesday night!!!
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:28 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:46 pm
Ok...remind me here...since App joined the SBC how many championships has Louisiana won? How about Coastal? Yeah, that's right... Wake Up
Man, I think your comments (many of which I have slight disagreements with) tend to be quite thoughtful but what on Earth does that have to do with this thread?

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:34 am

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:28 am
WVAPPeer wrote:
Man, I think your comments (many of which I have slight disagreements with) tend to be quite thoughtful but what on Earth does that have to do with this thread?
I think he’s illustrating that the sky isn’t falling. You seem pretty determined to put the nail in App’s coffin as you’ve proclaimed your displeasure with hiring Clark and you’ll probably be wearing a coastal shirt Wednesday. I’m not really sure where you are going with your takes either to be honest.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:43 am

trjinc@triad.rr.com wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:41 pm

That is what I was referring to --- with -

WVAPPeer wrote: ↑October 17th, 2021, 10:46 pm
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:12 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:34 am
appgrad95&97 wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
I think he’s illustrating that the sky isn’t falling. You seem pretty determined to put the nail in App’s coffin as you’ve proclaimed your displeasure with hiring Clark and you’ll probably be wearing a coastal shirt Wednesday. I’m not really sure where you are going with your takes either to be honest.
Okay Seattle, here's what I think:

1. Clark is a fine coach, I wish there had been a more open process to find a head coach.

2. We, in my opinion, have underperformed the talent we have.

3. There are financial issues that keep us from regularly completing with the top of G5 programs. (And yes I'm aware of our record. But we don't tend to win big games. Only Drink did). I think this is App State football until the department raises more money and spends it more wisely)

I don't care if you agree with any of that.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:20 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:12 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:34 am
appgrad95&97 wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
Okay Seattle, here's what I think:

1. Clark is a fine coach, I wish there had been a more open process to find a head coach.

2. We, in my opinion, have underperformed the talent we have.

3. There are financial issues that keep us from regularly completing with the top of G5 programs. (And yes I'm aware of our record. But we don't tend to win big games. Only Drink did). I think this is App State football until the department raises more money and spends it more wisely)

I don't care if you agree with any of that.
I get the whole "App doesn't win the big games" argument where it relates to P5. I do kind of bristle with the whole "Only Drink did it" simply because neither UNC nor SC were particularly great teams and frankly, he almost screwed those up by going conservative so early. Yeah...he won, and then he got his ass handed to him by GS. I have nothing against Drink and wish him well. I appreciate what he did in his one year here, but I do NOT agree that he was better than his predecessor. He might have had an edge over Clark for now, but Clark will continue to get better and I think Clark has a much better relationship with the team and that bodes well for long term success. Just an opinion.

Note to 95&97: That might not have been what you were implying...just giving a knee jerk reaction.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”