Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Favorite song played in stadium

Bootsy
School: Appalachian State

Re: Favorite song played in stadium

Unread post by Bootsy » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:15 am

Love Sweet Appalachia, it would be a great tune to play in the stadium.

And don't dare throw shade on the Tennessee Waltz, that's a tradition that goes back decades. And many fans still love it, Delta Airlines be damned.

TractorApp

Unread post by TractorApp » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:12 am

Yes, yes, 1000 times yes. I love the lyrics on the scoreboard to get the crowd into it. Heck, get Dell and Luke Combs to record a custom version just for us.

Please! Make this happen.

TractorApp

Unread post by TractorApp » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:20 am

Heck, even recruit Eric Church if he has finished up his custom version of “Carolina on my mind” for Mack Brown…

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:53 am

They should play "Swag Surfin" during a first quarter television break with App on defense. I guarantee you the commentators would mention the crowd hype when they returned from commercial break, and the players would be sooo hype.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:04 am

Sweet Appalachia would be an easy song to incorporate into our gameday. Just substitute Appalachian for Appalachia through out the song. I've been doing it for years... In fact I can't believe we haven't thought of this before...
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:30 am

AppinVA wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:33 am
Blackshirt68 wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:26 am
Anything played other than Tennessee Waltz and Mountain Music. The state board of education needs more money for geography education. If you’re so thrilled with these songs, as Lewis Grizzard said, “Delta is ready when you are”.
Luke opened his concert with Mountain Music, so I’m MM neutral, but don’t you blaspheme the Waltz.
AppinVa, I have no way of knowing whether you are being serious or sarcastic/facetious since i am not part of the tailgate click but those two songs have special meaning to me and they are universal to at least SOME generations of Mountaineers. Having read most of the posts so far, all of the proposals thus far have special meanings to individuals on this message board, but all in all, it would suit me just fine to hear our Band of Distinction play anything they choose.
That’s just my humble opinion based on a generational thing.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:31 am

Bugler's Dream, because the more times it is played the more times Appalachian has scored. It was the sweetest song played in Ann Arbor. I bet some Michigan Fans that were there 1 September 2007 hate that song when they hear it and do not know why.

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:47 am

t4pizza wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:18 pm
I will say that my least favorite has to be "Sweet Caroline" simply because it is played at EVERY stadium in the US it seems. I get it as a Red Sox thing (and I despise them) but not sure how it fits in with App State Football. That being said, I realize that the crowd loves it and most people sing along, but can't we get something unique that is ours and not borrow from the Red Sox and everyone else. The Gators do it right with Tom Petty at the end of the third, lets try something like that with our own Luke Combs and get away from the tired and borrowed Neil Diamond classic. Anyways, off my soapbox now.
I mean, I don't like it either. But the whole crowd sings it. every time. So it's popular and get the fans involved. That's why.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:57 am

NewApp wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:30 am
AppinVA wrote:
Blackshirt68 wrote:
Anything played other than Tennessee Waltz and Mountain Music. The state board of education needs more money for geography education. If you’re so thrilled with these songs, as Lewis Grizzard said, “Delta is ready when you are”.
Luke opened his concert with Mountain Music, so I’m MM neutral, but don’t you blaspheme the Waltz.
AppinVa, I have no way of knowing whether you are being serious or sarcastic/facetious since i am not part of the tailgate click but those two songs have special meaning to me and they are universal to at least SOME generations of Mountaineers. Having read most of the posts so far, all of the proposals thus far have special meanings to individuals on this message board, but all in all, it would suit me just fine to hear our Band of Distinction play anything they choose.
I was a Marching Mountaineer. I stay to the end and kneel for The Waltz. It means a lot to me.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Budman2154

Unread post by Budman2154 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:44 am

Luke Combs “Beer Never Broke My heart”. App Alumni and one who dearly LOVES App State unlike another music guy we know that went to App. It is a Tar Hole Wannabe!

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:51 am

AppinVA wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:57 am
NewApp wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:30 am
AppinVA wrote:
Blackshirt68 wrote:
I was a Marching Mountaineer. I stay to the end and kneel for The Waltz. It means a lot to me.
Me too.

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:57 am

Mountain Music. Crowd loves it!

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:39 pm

This thread (yes I know I started it) is proof of why you don’t give the aux cord to an old guy 🤣
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:04 pm

I always wondered how The Tennessee Waltz became the closing number -
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

wncapp78

Unread post by wncapp78 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:38 pm

Anytime the crowd gets into the action I’m ok. Mountian Music lyrics are weird for us but crowd likes it.
Va Tech still goes crazy for ‘Shout’complete with scenes from the movie on Jumbo screen.
Bon Jovi ‘Living on a Prayer’ always gets crowd into singing. And I’d love ‘Brown Eyed Girl’/van Morrison.
something that resonates with the under 30 crowd would be great.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:06 pm

Mine would be Carolina in The Pine which the BOD plays during pregame. Brings a tear to this old Mountaineer's eye each time I hear it.

Blackshirt68

Unread post by Blackshirt68 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:25 am

Maybe the band can play Tennessee Waltz while the North Carolina Electric Membership Cooperatives show University of Tennessee football crowds in their ad.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:58 am

Here is a non AARP list.

Jump around -- House of Pain
Remember the Name -- Fort Minor
Promontory -- Last of the Mohicans
Zac Brown -- Chicken Fried
Ain't no Mountain High Enough -- Marvin Gaye
For Whom the Bell Tolls -- Metallica
No Diggity -- Blackstreet
Sound of Freedom -- Braveheart
This is how we do it -- Montell Jordan
Ice Ice Baby -- Vanilla Ice
Sabotage -- Beasty Boys
You Can't Touch This -- MC Hammer
Walk This Way -- Run DMC/Aerosmith

That is a fairly clean list. I realize choices have to be somewhat clean. An uncensored hype list would certainly be different.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:32 am

I mentioned Red Hot Chilli Peppers on this board 3 years ago and they played it two games in a row....haven't heard it since. The approximate 50 crowd didn't move on campus without hearing the Chilli Peppers. Basically any Alternative Rock with an upbeat beat would be acceptable to this old man. But, as someone mentioned above, as long as the students are having fun I don't care what we play. It is their time...I wish we would poll them and play at least half of whatever they want to hear. I do hate copying other stadiums but you have to admit the Rock was lit Wednesday night. Students were on.

P.S. With 420 being a close number to 421 that leads to the rock and with the "High" country you know, being the "High" country. I vote for Zephyr from the "RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS"

P.S.S. I have always thought hwy 421 should change to hwy 420 when it crosses the top of the mountain and it heads down to Boone.

https://www.youtube.com/hashtag/redhotchilipeppers

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:06 pm

Being born and bred on bluegrass (Iredell County) I like anything Billy Strings, Del McCoury, etc. Maybe the university ought to get a hold of Balsam Range or some NC mountain band and employ them to write a mountain song specifically for ASU that you could resonate with / sing along / upbeat.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”