Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Liberty game moved in 2025

WASU 93
School: Appalachian State

Liberty game moved in 2025

Unread post by WASU 93 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:28 pm

With Liberty joining C-USA, we will still host them in 2024, but the 2025 game in Lynchburg was moved to 2031

https://fbschedules.com/appalachian-sta ... ll-series/

APPdiesel

Re: Liberty game moved in 2025

Unread post by APPdiesel » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:34 am

On BGP Doug Gillin said the games were being moved around for a reason and that a contract was just awaiting ink on the page. A pretty exciting announcement must be coming.

It was interesting to hear him talk about how the scheduling philosophy has changed from “we had to take the pay games to make budget” when he first got to App to we’re interested in scheduling series with regional opponents to maximize interest even in H/H/pay situations. It sounds like our finances are looking up AND we’re gaining some regional leverage.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:09 am

It seems that regional games are more important than ever to cover costs. Travel is one of the biggest expenditures that an athletic department has to deal with that would be reduced by playing more games close to home. That is one reason why conferences with smaller footprints make sense. Who knows, the Sunbelt East could become its own conference one day. Add Charlotte and ECU and you have a conference full of teams you would like to see games against every year. It would have made a lot of sense to have had JMU in the Southern Conference with APP, Marshall, and VMI back in the day.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:43 am

I hope we get Wake Forest on the schedule again...but it looks like they don't have any openings in 2025...so probably not the Deacs.

DontPlayWithYosef

Unread post by DontPlayWithYosef » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:47 pm

So who are we scheduling for this opening?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:37 pm

Notre Dame in Boone.

Just kidding.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

ashugh

Unread post by ashugh » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:04 pm

Maybe state finally grew some balls. Doubtful, but maybe

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:38 pm

State has played us at least…let’s do a home and home with Duke and have a mountaineer takeover of wallace wade stadium like we did at Elon and unc-car lot!

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:55 pm

For reasons that will get this thread locked and having nothing to do with on-field performance, I have no desire for this Liberty series to happen and would applaud its outright cancelation. I refuse to go to either game.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:02 pm

I predict Home and Home with Duke. MAYBE Virginia. I would love to get a home and home with any of the following.
Georgia Tech, Virginia, Duke, Villanova, UCF, USF, East Carolina, Pitt, Maryland, BYU, Cincinnati, Memphis, Wake Forest, Louisville.

I want a payday from Ohio State, PennState, Texas A&M, Michigan, USouthCalif, Texas, Tennessee, FLorida, FSU, LSU. All of our payday games should be based on if it will be carried on ABC or CBS or ESPN at primetime. We need to get paid and a national television audience.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:47 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:02 pm
I predict Home and Home with Duke. MAYBE Virginia. I would love to get a home and home with any of the following.
Georgia Tech, Virginia, Duke, Villanova, UCF, USF, East Carolina, Pitt, Maryland, BYU, Cincinnati, Memphis, Wake Forest, Louisville.

I want a payday from Ohio State, PennState, Texas A&M, Michigan, USouthCalif, Texas, Tennessee, FLorida, FSU, LSU. All of our payday games should be based on if it will be carried on ABC or CBS or ESPN at primetime. We need to get paid and a national television audience.
Villanova is FCS, but I’d like the chance at a H/H with UVA or Duke in the next few years. Wonder if a Duke series gets announced Thursday?
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:24 am

spacemonkey wrote:

I would love a H/H with Duke, but from what I understand, Duke and Ohio State want nothing to do with us. I think it will be a H/H with NC State. But would really love to play and kick Duke's A$$!! We would take over their stadium for sure.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:54 am

T-Dog wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:55 pm
For reasons that will get this thread locked and having nothing to do with on-field performance, I have no desire for this Liberty series to happen and would applaud its outright cancelation. I refuse to go to either game.
I assume you'll also refrain from attending the UNC-CH game next year, they've done more harm directly and indirectly to App and other NC public schools than anyone.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:33 am

AppState89 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:24 am
spacemonkey wrote:

I would love a H/H with Duke, but from what I understand, Duke and Ohio State want nothing to do with us. I think it will be a H/H with NC State. But would really love to play and kick Duke's A$$!! We would take over their stadium for sure.
Duke I get, but why does Ohio St have an issue playing us?

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:45 am

AppinVA wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:47 am
spacemonkey wrote:

Villanova is FCS, but I’d like the chance at a H/H with UVA or Duke in the next few years. Wonder if a Duke series gets announced Thursday?
Oops...I meant Vanderbilt.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:45 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:45 am
AppinVA wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:47 am
spacemonkey wrote:

Oops...I meant Vanderbilt.
That makes total sense, and I agree.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:20 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:33 am
AppState89 wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:

That is a good question. Just been told that Ohio State refuses to even talk about a game with us. If I was the AD at Ohio State, I would play us in a heartbeat. It would be a sure win for us, but would be a good game. <--- Thinking from their AD.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:51 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:54 am
T-Dog wrote:
I assume you'll also refrain from attending the UNC-CH game next year, they've done more harm directly and indirectly to App and other NC public schools than anyone.
i get what you're saying, but playing and beating UNC-CH actually works against the hegemony they've created. Playing liberty only legitimizes their diploma mill =-money laundering business model.

Apples and oranges on how it benefits App.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:53 am

AppState89 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:20 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:33 am
AppState89 wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:

That is a good question. Just been told that Ohio State refuses to even talk about a game with us. If I was the AD at Ohio State, I would play us in a heartbeat. It would be a sure win for us, but would be a good game. <--- Thinking from their AD.
That sucks, i'd like to watch us play at ohio state. I understand their reticence given our teams performance over the years, but it sucks all the same.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:20 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:54 am
T-Dog wrote:
Completely different issues. I'm not talking about Liberty harming App State directly. I'm talking more about giving Liberty the platform they crave to bolster their message, which they have repeatedly said is a major reason they moved their football program to FBS. And then there's Ian McCaw, the Liberty AD, who should not be working in higher education after what he allowed to happen at Baylor.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”