Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Game week in Boca

Appstate88
School: Appalachian State

Re: Game week in Boca

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:04 pm

We’re facing the most prolific single season passer in FBS history. It is a game of turnovers and red zone execution. We have 2 turnovers and they have none.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:08 pm

appstate5 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:55 pm
A SBC division champ should not get smoked by a 8-5 Conference USA team...>PERIOD!
It’s the 2nd place SBC team vs. the 2nd place CUSA team, not just some random 8-5 team.

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:09 pm

It happens.
Every now and then you get a butt whooping.
The defense was the concern in this game.
Again, every now and then a team takes you to the woodshed. It keeps the fans humble.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:09 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:04 pm
We’re facing the most prolific single season passer in FBS history. It is a game of turnovers and red zone execution. We have 2 turnovers and they have none.
They also finished second in CUSA and we are Appalachian State football. It's OK to hold yourself to a higher standard. I'm not knocking folks for looking at the positives each year, but I just believe this program is capable of so much more. The ceilings the roof.
The Appalachian State

savoyspecial21

Unread post by savoyspecial21 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:09 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:54 pm
savoyspecial21 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:49 pm
Clark hire was a panic move.

Hiring the guy “all the players want” rarely works out long term.

Wish we would have kept bringing in power 5 mindsets and pedigree. Not sure if we’ll have that chance again any time soon.

Lose the next three games in a similar fashion and oof…
Dude really? Come on with this take
Sorry, I guess I am always hoping for this program to keep taking the next step. Just doesn’t feel like Clark is that kinda a coach. Good coach, not next step coach.

I was watching the Middle Tennessee game yesterday, coach has been there for 16 years. Which is cool. But wouldn’t it be great if 16 years from now we’ve stopped playing Toledo in the Cure Bowl?

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:10 pm

There was a lot of talk when Drink got hired about how he inherited a sports car and all he had to do was not wreck it. Well Clark inherited a very similar car but hasn't learned to drive it appropriately yet. Yes, I know we won 9 last year and 10 this year but I also know that the past 2 years were the worst years of all the super senior's career at App. Just 2 years ago we were the 4 time defending conference champs, had never lost to ULL, had never lost to Coastal, had never lost a bowl game and were returning a bunch of very talented players that had significant roles in our prior championships and just came off a 13-1 season with wins against both Carolinas. Fast forward two years and now we have a 3 game losing streak to ULL including the worst loss (point differential) to a peer institution since 2004, no conference titles, getting handled in a bowl by a 8-5 conference USA team and we lead our conference in penalties and turnovers. Anybody that does not see this as a regression, just isn't paying attention and needs to wake up. Empires don't die in a day, it is a slow regression. If we don't recognize the signs of regression, by the time we wake up we will be a 6-6 type of team. Hoping Clark continues to learn and gets better and restores App to what we are all accustomed, but not seeing many signs of this.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:13 pm

AppGrad1 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:09 pm
It happens.
Again, every now and then a team takes you to the woodshed. It keeps the fans humble.
That is just the point, it USUALLY doesn't happen to APP and especially not more than once in a season. Losing to ULL by 28 was the worst loss by point differential to a peer school since 2004. Now we are getting completely dominated by a 8-5 conference USA team. Yes, I know they throw a ton but they also lost 5 times this year and they are destroying us. We have standards for APP football and they just aren't being met.

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:13 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:13 pm
AppGrad1 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:09 pm
It happens.
That is just the point, it USUALLY doesn't happen to APP and especially not more than once in a season. Losing to ULL by 28 was the worst loss by point differential to a peer school since 2004. Now we are getting completely dominated by a 8-5 conference USA team. Yes, I know they throw a ton but they also lost 5 times this year and they are destroying us. We have standards for APP football and they just aren't being met.
It's also the way they are destroying us....8 TD's!!!

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:14 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:10 pm
There was a lot of talk when Drink got hired about how he inherited a sports car and all he had to do was not wreck it. Well Clark inherited a very similar car but hasn't learned to drive it appropriately yet. Yes, I know we won 9 last year and 10 this year but I also know that the past 2 years were the worst years of all the super senior's career at App. Just 2 years ago we were the 4 time defending conference champs, had never lost to ULL, had never lost to Coastal, had never lost a bowl game and were returning a bunch of very talented players that had significant roles in our prior championships and just came off a 13-1 season with wins against both Carolinas. Fast forward two years and now we have a 3 game losing streak to ULL including the worst loss (point differential) to a peer institution since 2004, no conference titles, getting handled in a bowl by a 8-5 conference USA team and we lead our conference in penalties and turnovers. Anybody that does not see this as a regression, just isn't paying attention and needs to wake up. Empires don't die in a day, it is a slow regression. If we don't recognize the signs of regression, by the time we wake up we will be a 6-6 type of team. Hoping Clark continues to learn and gets better and restores App to what we are all accustomed, but not seeing many signs of this.
That 6-6 season you mentioned may not be that far away if you look at next years schedule.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:15 pm

Just want to put this out there.

Ncmtn

Unread post by Ncmtn » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:15 pm

Tried to warn y’all. They beat Marshall by 32 and we barely beat them by 1 point. Instead everyone jumped on my ass because Wells only played half of that game. Like that mattered. This outcome today wasn’t really in question. They were the better team this year. Can’t just look at records and assume we were so much better
Last edited by Ncmtn on Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Appfancss

Unread post by Appfancss » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:16 pm

t4pizza wrote:
You nailed it. 100% truth!

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:16 pm

With as easy as it is to transfer these days, a 6-6 season, or a few bad losses, could cost you for years.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:17 pm

t4pizza wrote:
I want to reward you with this comment. Nailed it
The Appalachian State

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:18 pm

It would look to be that we have some coaching issues on the defensive side of the ball.

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:18 pm

Some teams get better during the year and some just continue to play as they started.

I don't think we got worst we just didn't get any better. We just don't seem like we improved in any area.

It kind of sad for the players that didn't get help improving.

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:21 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:18 pm
It would look to be that we have some coaching issues on the defensive side of the ball.
Yep. Not a huge Dale fan myself

Boroneer10

Unread post by Boroneer10 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:22 pm

Why are we passing? Does Clark want to give up 70?

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:24 pm

Boroneer10 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:22 pm
Why are we passing? Does Clark want to give up 70?
At least he got the super seniors out of there, no reason for them to get injured at this point.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:25 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:46 pm
I can't recall our defense getting smoked this bad in a loooong time
Like a game in September of 2011 that took place in a town/city that also starts with a B?
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”