Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Recruiting, 2015

JTApps1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Recruiting, 2015

Unread post by JTApps1 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:41 am

AppState89 wrote:Moose...got this message today from a co-worker and former ASU football player. This kid goes to Reidsville High School.... He wants to go to App and the coaches want him at OLB. He took a visit a few weeks ago. Not sure if you posted him or not. I'll let you or Charlie pass this on to who needs it.....

Here is the message:

Robert, our All-State Linebacker Jayron Rankin had a visit at APP. They like him and he wants to sign with them. He is supposed to go back in June. He hopes to sign then, if they make the offer. He is looking at APP, NC ST and Richmond. Ga Southern has started to contact him heavy also. He has also been to UNCC. He likes APP the best. They like him at OLB. Can you put the word out to the Coaches staff

http://www.ncsasports.org/football-recr ... em-johnson
Good looking player! Keep up the good work on the recruiting trail Robert! 8-)
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:27 pm

From internet reports DE Kengera Daniel (6′ 6″ 240) of Millbrook High School in Raleigh, NC has picked up an offer from App. I have added him to the Main Page with a player page. The Rivals and 24/7 3 star is showing an impressive list of additional offers from Alabama, Boston College, ECU, Miami, and Wake Forest. With that list I expect more BCS offers to come.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:16 pm

From Twitter DB Christopher Fredrick (6' 1" 180) of Cedar Grove High School in Ellenwood, GA has received a reported offer from App. I have added a player page with video to the Main Page for him. The 24/7 3 star is showing additional reported offers from UNCC, Ga. St, Miss St, and ODU.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:21 pm

Internet reports show LB Derrick Graham (6' 4" 210) of Hardee High School in Wauchula, FL has received a reported offer from App. I've added him to the Main Page and added a player page with video. He is showing additional reported offers from FIU, Miss St, and South Alabama.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:28 pm

That's a big LB....he will end up 250 or so in college....6'4'' 250lbs at LB???? Keep me away if I'm a RB
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:19 pm

Next from internet reports WR Kalif Jackson (6' 5" 200) of Fletcher High School in Neptune Beach, FL has received an offer from App. I have added a player page to the Main page for him. The Rivals and 24/7 3 star has 16 offers with 9 of them BCS offers. Safe to say this is a "SFTS" offer but that's why we play the game.

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:52 am

AppState89 wrote:That's a big LB....he will end up 250 or so in college....6'4'' 250lbs at LB???? Keep me away if I'm a RB
Go big or go home. But for real, he's perfect size for a 3-4 OLB

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:28 am

Internet reports are showing that LB Dwayne Paddyfoot (6' 3" 209) of Mater Academy Charter School in Hialeah Gardens, FL has received a reported offer from App. He's got a player page with video up now on the Main Page. We are showing as his first offer.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:08 am

Internet reports show DT/DE Scott Morgan (6' 5" 275) of Etowah High School in Woodstock, GA has received a reported offer from App. Player page with video has been added to the Main Page. He is showing additional offers from Ga. St, Illinois St, Liberty, Marshall, and Southern Miss.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:46 am

Next up DB/WR Kareem Orr (6' 0" 190) of Notre Dame High School in Chattanooga, TN has picked up an offer from App. Player page with video is up. The 247 3 star is showing additional reported offers from Chattanooga, Duke, ECU, and MTSU so far. No sites had any vitals on him listed but height and weight but I'll update his page as soon as some show up. Duke and ECU appear to be in the lead for him right now but it looks like UT could offer, from site and newspaper reports.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:26 pm

Two new offers from AL today:

QB Kalen Whitlow (6′ 0″ 180) of Northview High School in Dothan, AL
RB Jaleen Thomas (6′ 1″ 215) of Northview High School in Dothan, AL

Player pages with video have been added for both to the Main Page. Even though Whitlow is an ESPN and 24/7 3 star recruit we are showing as his first reported offer. It won't stay that way.

Thomas is a ESPN, Rivals, and 24/7 3 star with additional reported offers from Miss St, Southern Miss, and Texas St so far.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:15 pm

Three more offers out. One more AL and two FL.

RB P. J. Simmons (5' 10" 181) of Amos Godby High School in Tallahassee, FL
OL Reche Thomas (6' 4" 320) of Vero Beach High School in Vero Beach, FL
RB Kyle Nalls (6′ 1″ 195) of Fayette County High School in Fayette, AL

Player pages with highlights have been added for all three.

Simmons is a Rivals, 24/7, and ESPN 3 star RB who is showing additional offers from Cincinnati, FAU, Kent St, Memphis, UNC, USF, and Troy.

Thomas is showing additional offers from Illinois, Marshall, Purdue, USA, and UAB.

App is showing as Nalls first offers.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:41 pm

OK I know recruiting season is in full swing but did they have to offer everybody TODAY.

Next up: WR/DB Tabri Hines (5' 10" 165) of South Florence High School in Florence, SC has picked up a reported offer from App. Player page with video has been built and added to the Main Page. He is showing additional offers from UNCC, Duke, ODU, and Wake Forest.

For those who are counting that 8 offers that I know of so far today.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:52 pm

Add two more:

QB Hampton McConnell (6' 3" 197) of West Forsyth High School in Cumming, GA
LB/DB Cortez Sisco (6' 1" 195) of Desoto Central High School in Southaven, MS

Player pages with video have been built and added to the Main Page.

McConnell is a 247 2 star and is showing additional reported offers from Toledo and Buffalo.
Sisco is showing additional reported offers from Alcorn St, Central Arkansas, La. Tech, UL-L, Southern Miss, Troy, and UAB.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:57 am

New day...more offers.

From twitter reports ATH Joshua Thomas (6' 0" 190) of The Montgomery Academy in Montgomery, AL has received a reported offer from App. A player page with video has been added to the Main Page. The three sport ATH is shown as a QB and SS. He is showing additional reported offers from Arkansas St, Bucknell, Furman, USA, Southern Miss, Troy, and UAB.

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:05 pm

firemoose wrote:New day...more offers.

From twitter reports ATH Joshua Thomas (6' 0" 190) of The Montgomery Academy in Montgomery, AL has received a reported offer from App. A player page with video has been added to the Main Page. The three sport ATH is shown as a QB and SS. He is showing additional reported offers from Arkansas St, Bucknell, Furman, USA, Southern Miss, Troy, and UAB.
Surprised we are dipping into Alabama so much. With Bama Auburn UAB South Al and the what 7 D1 Louisiana schools. I know there is a lot of talent there for their size but still.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:53 pm

ASUPATCH wrote:Surprised we are dipping into Alabama so much. With Bama Auburn UAB South Al and the what 7 D1 Louisiana schools. I know there is a lot of talent there for their size but still.

Then you probably won't like the next one. ;)

From reports LB Doug Salter (6' 1" 210) of Brantley High School in Brantley, AL has received a reported offer from App. Player page with video has been added to the Main. He is showing additional offers from South Alabama, Troy, UAB. Maybe all the bad weather will make him think of moving to the mountains. Snow is better than a tornado any day.

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:03 pm

firemoose wrote:
ASUPATCH wrote:Surprised we are dipping into Alabama so much. With Bama Auburn UAB South Al and the what 7 D1 Louisiana schools. I know there is a lot of talent there for their size but still.

From reports LB Doug Salter (6' 1" 210) of Brantley High School in Brantley, AL has received a reported offer from App. Player page with video has been added to the Main. He is showing additional offers from South Alabama, Troy, UAB. Maybe all the bad weather will make him think of moving to the mountains. Snow is better than a tornado any day.

Not a matter of not liking the offers. Just surprised.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:28 pm

ASUPATCH wrote:
firemoose wrote:

Not a matter of not liking the offers. Just surprised.
I know. I was just picking a bit.

We're expanding our reach and showing schools we're not afraid to hit them in their home areas and also showing kids that they have some choices they might not have thought about before. I expected it in the south, mid south, and even the Tidewater but we're also pushing north and even into the Mid-West. The staff is making sure App's brand is going nationwide. You never know where we might show up or when we get a player that no one in the Belt has even thought of going after. Personally I like it. Nothing against the local kids as I want us to work NC and SC hard also but I like the fact that we are pushing into areas that no one thought App would reach into.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:39 pm

From internet reports DB Melvin Tyus (6' 1" 205) of Carver High School in Montgomery, AL has received a reported offer from App. Player page with highlights has been added to the Main Page. The ESPN 3 star is listed as a FS/WR/RB by various sites and has additional reported offers from Arkansas St, La. Tech, South Alabama, Southern Miss, Troy, and UAB.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”