Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Recruiting, 2015

moonshine
School: Appalachian State

Re: Recruiting, 2015

Unread post by moonshine » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:35 pm

Who's #11 on defense at the 5:10 mark in the Hudl highlight? He's got some wheels catching Nixon from behind.
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:20 pm

moonshine wrote:Who's #11 on defense at the 5:10 mark in the Hudl highlight? He's got some wheels catching Nixon from behind.
Ask and ye shall receive. After a little digging #11 is Class of 2017 ATH Shannon Young of Clinch County High School in Homerville, GA

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:25 pm

firemoose wrote:
moonshine wrote:Who's #11 on defense at the 5:10 mark in the Hudl highlight? He's got some wheels catching Nixon from behind.
Ask and ye shall receive.
OK Moose - what are tonight's winning lottery numbers? :o
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:43 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
firemoose wrote:
:lol: :lol: Alas I'm not allowed to use my powers for personal gain. If I do they will be taken from me. :D

And the way things have been going for me lately I really could use even a little lottery win right now. I'd be happy with 10 bucks on a scratch off. :lol:

AppState2014

Unread post by AppState2014 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:12 pm

firemoose wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
firemoose wrote:
:lol: :lol: Alas I'm not allowed to use my powers for personal gain. If I do they will be taken from me. :D

And the way things have been going for me lately I really could use even a little lottery win right now. I'd be happy with 10 bucks on a scratch off. :lol:
Thanks for all of your updates!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:28 am

Just thought I would give everyone a little update. The reason things have been quite for a little while is that we've been in an NCAA dead period since June 30th. Same as the one we had the last couple of weeks in December and first part of January. It ends today so things will really be taking off. Plus we have out final senior camp on the 19th. It's about to get real busy with coaches hitting the road then back for fall camp. Start of the season will bring many visitors and even more offers and commits. Pretty much from now through signing day it's going to be non stop. Many gray hairs for the staff and even a few for those who try and follow all this. Just grab a seat, lock in bar in place, and get ready for the ride.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:37 pm

We have commit #4. TE Collin Reed (6′ 3″ 205) of Boiling Springs High School in Boiling Springs, SC has offered his verbal pledge today. It's been about an hour but I was offline and couldn't post it. He has been moved to the Commits section of the Main Page. I'm looking to see if there are any later highlights but there is a hudl package on the Main.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:50 pm

Just a little follow up on Collin Reed. As I said I was offline when he committed but was able to get back on and to confirm. I've been watching him for a while and word is they were saying he reminded them of Ben Jorden when he camped here. Pretty high praise considering what Ben did at App. Not blazing speed for a TE but very sure hands. With all the speed we have already I'll take 6' 3"+ height and sure hands any day in a TE. We know he'll add even more weight and maybe another inch or so before college so, as with all the early commits, hopefully we can hang on to him. He said in the new Rivals article that he's done with visits. Long way to go but sounds like he's really committed.
Last edited by firemoose on Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:03 pm

Word is that he is a skier. Put it in the bag. He's not going anywhere.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:54 am

From twitter reports LB James Smith-Williams (6′ 4″ 205) of Millbrook High School in Raleigh, NC received a reported offer from App after camp this weekend. A player page with highlights has been added to the Main Page. The 24/7 3 star and Rivals 2 star LB is showing additional reported offers from Boston College, Charleston Southern, Davidson, Elon, JMU, Holy Cross, UL-L, Mercer, NC State, Western Carolina, and Wofford.

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:35 am

Kind of surprised we have not received more verbals so far. Arkansas State fans claim they have all of their allotted 19 verbals already. Maybe we are being more selective or going after a higher class recruit though.
==========================================================================
Give 'em Hell Apps !.....Sun Belt future champs !........Enlarge Kidd Brewer ASAP!

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:51 am

GoApps70 wrote:Kind of surprised we have not received more verbals so far. Arkansas State fans claim they have all of their allotted 19 verbals already. Maybe we are being more selective or going after a higher class recruit though.
A few points here:

- While it's good for them to have all those commits this early, it's a tricky balance. Presumably most of the guys they're taking commitments from this point are near the top of their board. Yet if they're that promising, the likelihood is that bigger schools will start to take notice over the next few months, and A-State will have to fight to keep several and lose a few.

- From App's perspective, only 8 of our eventual signees were committed at this point last year, and we're probably looking at a slightly smaller overall class this year.

-By contrast, another 8 signees committed within the last couple weeks before signing day - including three of our highest-rated recruits - plus the very late addition of Barbour. That's probably 4 of our 6-7 top-rated signees who committed in late-January or after. So while I wouldn't mind having a few more commits right now, I don't think I'd want to be full. I'd rather save room for the top guys who will wait it out until the end.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:35 am

Lots going on right now but the same things happened last year. If one has access to a site copy the list of Ark St (or any G5 school) commits right now and take a look at the list just before signing day. It won't be the same. Just as an example, their #1 ranked commit is a 24/7 high 3 star (89 ranking) from in state but the only offer he has is from them. I somehow doubt that will stay the same. Lot less in state competition and if he's that good the interest he's showing from Arkansas and Auburn will turn into offers. Or some other P5 schools will offer. Personally I would rather have commits, at this time of year, from only those that truly want to be here instead of those just covering bases and hoping a better offer comes along. We'll see come signing day whose early commits fall into what category.

And just to put things into perspective 2015 Signing Day is 198 days away. JUCO signing period starts 149 days from now. Long time to go and LONG time to sweat out all these early commits. For every school.

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:47 am

One factor we're overlooking is academics. Most Sun Belt schools can admit athletes that we can't. I know it sounds arrogant, and I hated hearing it when Southern Conference schools used it against us, but it's the reality we now live in. A high three-star with only one offer, from a Sun Belt school, tells me the big boys don't think he'll qualify under their standards.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:36 pm

firemoose wrote:Personally I would rather have commits, at this time of year, from only those that truly want to be here instead of those just covering bases and hoping a better offer comes along.
Good point. If you can hold those guys, then it's great. But what can happen is the recruit makes a "reservation," then the school holds that spot for him for six months while he openly considers other schools, takes OVs, etc. Like Rashad Canty last year - it was pretty clear for a long time that he was looking to go somewhere besides App, but the staff held a spot because he was still supposedly "committed."

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:11 pm

AppGrad78 wrote:One factor we're overlooking is academics. Most Sun Belt schools can admit athletes that we can't. I know it sounds arrogant, and I hated hearing it when Southern Conference schools used it against us, but it's the reality we now live in. A high three-star with only one offer, from a Sun Belt school, tells me the big boys don't think he'll qualify under their standards.
They can always go play for UNC?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:56 pm

Marshall fans claim, here again claim, that they would never join the AAC because the AAC would not allow them to take many of the non-qualifiers that are some of their best recruits. More information on it by them seems to indicate that many of these are enrolled into a program to accept students with ADD and ADHD. Seems that several never knew they had it. Several 4 Star players have gone through the program.
Give 'em Hell Apps !.....Sun Belt future champs !........Enlarge Kidd Brewer ASAP!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:47 pm

From internet reports K/P Michael Rubino (6′ 3″ 190) of Middle Creek High School in Apex, NC has received an offer from App. A player page with video has been added to the Main Page. App is showing as his first offer.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:10 pm

firemoose wrote:From internet reports K/P Michael Rubino (6′ 3″ 190) of Middle Creek High School in Apex, NC has received an offer from App. A player page with video has been added to the Main Page. App is showing as his first offer.
One of the Middle Creek O-linemen's dad is my chiropractor. I'll have to mention this to him! I know they were pretty good last year.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:09 pm

From his Twitter account DE/TE Luke Ancrum (6′ 5″ 230) of Sebring High School in Sebring, FL has received a reported offer from App. A player page with highlights has been added to the Main Page. The Rivals 3 star is showing additional reported offers from FAU, Ga. Sou, UMass, Pitt, Samford, and Wisconsin.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”