Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Recruiting, 2015

firemoose
School: Appalachian State

Re: Recruiting, 2015

Unread post by firemoose » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:43 pm

Here's the first list of visitors for this weekend. Hearing a couple dozen might be here but these are the first ones I'm sure of. I'll keep adding any additional ones as I find out.

Commits:
TE Collin Reed (6′ 3″ 205) of Boiling Springs High School in Boiling Springs, SC
LB Akeem Davis (6′ 2″ 200) of Thomasville High School in Thomasville, NC

Offers:
ATH Khylil Miller (6′ 2″ 170) of North Davidson High School in Lexington, NC
K/P Michael Rubino (6′ 3″ 190) of Middle Creek High School in Apex, NC
ATH Obe Fortune (6′ 1″ 180) of Heritage High School in Conyers, GA

Considering:
DB Trae Meadows (6' 2" 180) of Dudley High School in Greensboro, NC

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:09 pm

We have our next commit. K/P Michael Rubino (6′ 3″ 190) of Middle Creek High School in Apex, NC just tweeted he has committed. He was one of the visitors for tonight's game (his third trip to App including the kicking camp) and was a target for the staff. I have moved him to the Commits section on the Main Page.

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:09 am

AS ALWAYS....great job Moose & thanks!!! Still keeping my fingers crossed that we can get K. Miller committed!!!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:50 am

From twitter reports DE/OLB JB Kouassi (6′ 3″ 225) of Norcross High School in Norcross, GA has received a reported offer from App. Player page with video has been added to the Main Page. The ESPN.com 3 star is showing additional reported offers from Ball State, Charleston Southern, Elon, Ga. Sou, Ga. St, Jacksonville St, Kent St, and Southern U.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:08 am

I watched Byrnes WR Braylin Collins last night going up against De La Salle HS out in California.Byrnes got smoked but this kid looks like the real deal. The ESPN announcers showed the kid with offers from APP, Charleston Southern, and Elon and metioned every time that he only had FCS offers but if he keeps it up the FBS offers should start coming in. I guess these guys missed the memo. :evil:

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:29 am

Apologies if this article has been posted previously, but thought it interesting if not.
Concerns our QB commit for 2015 Daniel David. It's a few months old, so some may have read it.
One of 10 best QBs in Georgia in the writers opinion, who is probably a Georgia State grad, because they seem to have a lot that are in Georgia. jk

http://highschoolsports.blog.ajc.com/20 ... -a-j-gray/
==========================================================================
Give 'em Hell Apps !.....Sun Belt future champs !........Enlarge Kidd Brewer ASAP!
==========================================================================

ASUGoose

Unread post by ASUGoose » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:31 pm

GoApps70 wrote:Apologies if this article has been posted previously, but thought it interesting if not.
Concerns our QB commit for 2015 Daniel David. It's a few months old, so some may have read it.
One of 10 best QBs in Georgia in the writers opinion, who is probably a Georgia State grad, because they seem to have a lot that are in Georgia. jk

Why aren't we going hard after the A.J. Gray kid for QB?? Not sure if it's a similar situation to Armanti where he was being recruited by Clemson as a DB but wanted to still play QB. If that is the case, I'd love to see another Dual threat QB in Boone.

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:26 pm

ASUGoose wrote:
GoApps70 wrote:Apologies if this article has been posted previously, but thought it interesting if not.

Why aren't we going hard after the A.J. Gray kid for QB?? Not sure if it's a similar situation to Armanti where he was being recruited by Clemson as a DB but wanted to still play QB. If that is the case, I'd love to see another Dual threat QB in Boone.
b/c our offense now is based around pass-first QBs and the running game will be from the RBs. thats why we've worked the last 2 years to build up our RB depth. all of our current QBs are athletic enough to run the option if needed, but the days of the spread option like in 2006 are gone. besides, if you've seen Daniel David's highlights, he's got more wheels than any QB on our current roster and a stronger arm

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:30 pm

mtnjax wrote:
ASUGoose wrote:

b/c our offense now is based around pass-first QBs and the running game will be from the RBs. thats why we've worked the last 2 years to build up our RB depth. all of our current QBs are athletic enough to run the option if needed, but the days of the spread option like in 2006 are gone. besides, if you've seen Daniel David's highlights, he's got more wheels than any QB on our current roster and a stronger arm
Couple more things to add to this. One-Gray played DB as well as QB. Armanti played some WR but never DB and wanted to be a QB, as stated, which brings me to two. He's already committed to Ga Tech as a Safety. Doesn't sound like he's too worried about finding a school that wants him to be a QB. He's got nearly five months to find one and yet he's already committed. Appears he's content right now being a DB.

ASUGoose

Unread post by ASUGoose » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:38 pm

mtnjax wrote:
ASUGoose wrote:

I understand your points above but I'd still like to have a QB that had the ability to put some fear on the defense to keep a spy in the box to account for a legit run threat from the QB. If this David kid has those abilities that is great but I'm not seeing that so far with the QB's we have on the roster. I'm not saying it's necessarily a knock on our QB's but I like to have that versatility factor in a QB.

boonetown1

Unread post by boonetown1 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:23 pm

Why not use jaquill Capel; he was a pretty legit dual threat coming out of HS.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:31 pm

ASUGoose wrote:
mtnjax wrote:
ASUGoose wrote:

I understand your points above but I'd still like to have a QB that had the ability to put some fear on the defense to keep a spy in the box to account for a legit run threat from the QB. If this David kid has those abilities that is great but I'm not seeing that so far with the QB's we have on the roster. I'm not saying it's necessarily a knock on our QB's but I like to have that versatility factor in a QB.
Keeping a spy in the box means there is one more person in the box for our RB's to contend with.

ASUGoose

Unread post by ASUGoose » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:51 am

AppSt94 wrote:
ASUGoose wrote:
mtnjax wrote:
ASUGoose wrote:

Keeping a spy in the box means there is one more person in the box for our RB's to contend with.

Yes and that also means one less person in pass coverage so that's the trade off with either direction you look at this.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:58 am

My daughter was cheering at York High last night and by chance got a look at our TE commit Reed. My first impression is this kid is every bit of 6'3" 225. Looked bigger than that. I was surprised how often he lined up at slot than traditional TE, played more of a Jimmy Graham position. That alignment made it hard to evaluate his blocking as he performed well but it was against linebackers. He was only targeted once in the first half and looked to be more of a decoy to draw double coverage. Overall he has the measurables, but lack of targets made it hard to gauge potential. Note we did leave at halftime.

Maybe Mike saw more in the second half.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:45 pm

We have our next commit. OL Victor Johnson (6′ 5″ 260) of North Augusta High School in North Augusta, SC has de-committed from ECU and committed to App. I have updated the Main page and his player page. He is now showing as a ESPN 3 star and Rivals and 24/7 2 star. He took a visit during the Campbell game but it was kept quite. Sounds like it's ok to add him now. He will join former HS teammates Parker Collins and Montez McGuire on the App roster.

http://www.aikenstandard.com/article/20 ... hian-state

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:40 pm

Wow, a bit of good news on a tough night. Thanks Mooose!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:41 pm

EastHallApp wrote:Wow, a bit of good news on a tough night. Thanks Mooose!
I always try to find a little. Figured we needed it tonight.

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:25 pm

Now that is a good pickup. Really need to beef up the lines. it showed in our run game against GaSou tonight

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:41 am

With everything that's going into Saturday's game, I have to think the staff wants to make this a big recruiting weekend. Moose, and idea how many recruits are expected to attend?

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:45 am

EastHallApp wrote:With everything that's going into Saturday's game, I have to think the staff wants to make this a big recruiting weekend. Moose, and idea how many recruits are expected to attend?
Already working on that. I'll have something a bit later as more mention the visit. Want to make sure the ones I list are really on the board and not just coming with a teammate. More of a target list from our side.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”