Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Recruiting, 2015

HeffnerIV

Re: Recruiting, 2015

Unread post by HeffnerIV » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:24 pm

firemoose wrote:
HeffnerIV wrote:I'm not sure the level of interest on our part, but this kid will be visiting tomorrow also.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... les-163983
Yeah Heff he's on my list. We've got around 24-25 2016 recruits on the list for visits tomorrow that are not offers yet (also a couple of 2017 and four 2018 players, all from the same school). The three I've added so far to the thread list are names I've heard about before. I'm working on adding the others into the "Considering App" section of the 2016 Main Page and I would expect interest in and from some of our visitors tomorrow to show a little increase. If any offers go out I'll be building pages for them. The only reason I didn't list all of the 60 or so players possible for visits tomorrow is it's a little difficult to know exactly where they stand on the boards right now.

We've had lists like this at all of our home games this season but Mike over at 24/7 and I decided to list known targets in addition to offers and commits only. If a player shows an offer on another site I go ahead and add them into the thread list also, as I've done with a couple in the list above. I have a large personal list compiled and, as more names pop up with multiple visits and start coming to camps I'll be adding them to pages. Once I get a little free time I'll add a bunch into the Considering sections of the respective pages for each class. Just takes a lot of time to look all them up.
Thanks. He's my cousin so I hope it works out. He's pretty excited. Has camped there with his team the last few years. His bro is a freshman kicker at NC State.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:05 am

Did all those recruits make it to campus yesterday. I have to believe this helped us in the head to head battle vs GA St.

mtnjax
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by mtnjax » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:20 am

Saint3333 wrote:Did all those recruits make it to campus yesterday. I have to believe this helped us in the head to head battle vs GA St.
I saw a large amount on the sidelines pregame. I know all 4 of the GMC guys were there

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:44 am

My son ran into one of his old teammates who was up from Greenville for his visit. Dude only had on a hoodie and was freezing.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:00 am

Thought I'd do a quick snapshot summary post, if only for my own clarity. Moose, would of course be interested in your input. And of course, this is all subject to change if and when we have any decommitments (fingers crossed):

Position (committed/projected)

QB (1/1): With Davis on board, I assume we're done here, other than keeping tabs on (hopefully unnecessary) fallback plans.

RB (0/1): It would be a bit unusual not to sign a RB. Though with the stable appearing very full (including 2-3 redshirts), we don't need to reach here either.

WR (2/2-3): With the huge class last year and two already committed, I see us as being able to hold out for high-priority prospects here.

TE (1/1): Would assume Reed will be the only player for this position this year.

OL (1/3-6): . We've signed 7 the past two years and lose at least 4 seniors from the 2 deep. Need to keep building depth here.

DE (0/2): Only lose Deuce, but several of the guys playing now lack ideal size for a 3-4 DE. Did sign a couple last year, but like OL, I think we are a little thin here.

NT (1/1): With only one starting spot for a NT and all three returning plus Stout redshirting, we might be done here unless a "must-take" emerges. Could take an extra with the idea of moving one to OL, though.

LB (2/2-3): With two already committed and lots of youth on the roster, we can afford to be a little choosy. However, with potentially just one LB redshirting, it might be ideal to add a second HS recruit here for class balance.

DB (1/3-4): We signed at least five last year, with potentially a couple more depending on position moves. And we project to return essentially every contributing player except Ross. Even so, you can never have enough guys who can cover, and we could use another bigger corner.

K (1/1): Michael Rubino can't get here fast enough.

If you take the high end of all those numbers, it would give us 23. I think that number currently projects a little lower, but wouldn't be surprised if we eventually do sign around that many as attrition frees up a few more spots.

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:04 am

I believe the high we're taking this year is around 16-18. OL should be the biggest area of need. Don't see us getting a RB this year but next year instead

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:38 am

mtnjax wrote:I believe the high we're taking this year is around 16-18. OL should be the biggest area of need. Don't see us getting a RB this year but next year instead
Have heard that projection as well. If that actually is the case, I agree on RB and think we take fewer DBs as well. I would agree on OL and add DE as another major area of need.

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:22 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
mtnjax wrote:I believe the high we're taking this year is around 16-18. OL should be the biggest area of need. Don't see us getting a RB this year but next year instead
Have heard that projection as well. If that actually is the case, I agree on RB and think we take fewer DBs as well. I would agree on OL and add DE as another major area of need.
If we pull in all of the GMC guys we're targeting, that would take care of 1 OL and 1 DE in addition to WR and LB

Another corner would be nice to add

ASUGoose

Unread post by ASUGoose » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:00 pm

Hey Moose - are we expecting any recruitment news from Obe Fortune today?

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:02 pm

ASUGoose wrote:Hey Moose - are we expecting any recruitment news from Obe Fortune today?
Not sure if it's today but very soon. I'm keeping a close watch on him since he said he was going to announce any day.

An EastHall-I'm going to respond to your post on the numbers and what we're still looking for but I've been swamped and haven't had time to type it up. Just wanted to let you know I didn't miss it.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:51 pm

firemoose wrote:
ASUGoose wrote:Hey Moose - are we expecting any recruitment news from Obe Fortune today?
Not sure if it's today but very soon. I'm keeping a close watch on him since he said he was going to announce any day.

An EastHall-I'm going to respond to your post on the numbers and what we're still looking for but I've been swamped and haven't had time to type it up. Just wanted to let you know I didn't miss it.
No problem, and certainly don't feel obligated to respond at all. Just figured you could lend some good insight if you felt inclined.

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:49 pm

Looks like we got another one!

I'll let the Moose do the honors

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:06 pm

Firemoose is updating the info now and will have it up as soon as his browser cooperates.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:40 pm

Hey Guys. I'm sorry. Have no idea what happened but all three of my browsers would not open the page after I updated the Main Page. BIG pickup tonight for out 11th commit.

ATH Obe Fortune (6′ 1″ 180) of Heritage High School in Conyers, GA has committed to App this evening. He has been a top target of ours for a while. The Rivals and ESPN 3 star ATH committed to App over offers from Ark. St, Ga. Sou, Iowa St, MTSU, Minnesota, and Wake Forest. Rivals is also showing offers from Ga. St, Kansas St, and Kent St in addition to the ones I've listed above from 24/7. He can play several positions but most are projecting him at Safety for us. I'm sure Coach Sloan is dancing right now.

Rick0714

Unread post by Rick0714 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:48 pm

I had a chance to watch his videoslast night and was left very impressed. The old coach in me couldn't help but break em down in my head. He has great hips, which is hard to find in a high schooler, and excellent hands. Plays a good "center field" safety and with his hands he could be another LeGreedy (but better natural tackler, lol). Really plays down hill on both sides of the ball. His aggressiveness on defense really fits our scheme. Most of his videos were at WR, but I think he is just a "football player" that can play anywhere. There are some great athletes that play football and then there are football players that are great athletes. I prefer the latter (as do most), and this guy fits the bill. I've had a chance to see the Miller kid play at North Davidson a few times and I liked what I saw outta Fortune a lot more (no offense to Miller). Would be nice to get both. :D

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:32 pm

A versatile athlete with multiple P5 offers? Yeah, I'll take that. :P

mikeyosef

Unread post by mikeyosef » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:05 pm

Awesome pickup! Our guys are doing an exceptional job recruiting. This bodes well for us. :D

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:14 pm

Add Illinois to his offers also. Just makes it even better. But nothing is as good as getting a commit over conference foes, especially Southern. Win/Win.

I do want to address something. When I find out about a commit I have been updating the Main Page and their player pages first in order to get them into the Commits section and also to have a chance to look them up again and see if anything has changed since our offer as far as ratings, highlights, and measurables before I update the thread. But since we went to the last couple of updates for WordPress on the site I'm having a ton of trouble moving from editing the pages back to the main board. Tonight I was unable to open the board with IE, Firefox, and Chrome on two different computers for about 30 minutes (it has to be an IP problem since I never access the Cabin from the other computer. It's just my backup desktop). All other web pages opened fine. I did all the usual tech stuff and even some programming tricks I know and still couldn't get on. So I am going to start posting in the thread first and then going to the recruiting pages. I'm letting everyone know since it'll take me some time to do my moves and updates after I post and I just wanted you to know to give me a few minutes before checking out the player. Once they are listed in the Commits section that will mean I've finished everything. Just a heads up.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:43 pm

Any recruits visit this past weekend?
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:55 pm

moonshine wrote:Any recruits visit this past weekend?
Plenty but I didn't get the list before the game. I'm going to try and get it tomorrow and I'll put up who the main targets were. At least three commits were supposed to be here and I'm still double checking but seems they all came.

QB Daniel David
FAA Signee TE Collin Reed
K/P Michael Rubino

DB/WR Kielan Whitner was supposed to come as well but still checking to see on him.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”