Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Record month for Yosef Club in April

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Record month for Yosef Club in April

Unread post by NewApp » Sat May 04, 2013 8:50 pm

Kgfish wrote:
kiddbrewer wrote:
Kgfish wrote:To all the FBS naysayers... Game, Set and Match.
Not a naysayer myself, but I wouldn't go as far as match. Let's wait and see how those attendance numbers look after a couple of years gearing up our recruits and building our depth to compete on a regular basis in the FBS. And having to sit through some potential lean years.
Thought this was about record setting donations to Yosef, not attendance.

Attendance will coincide to an extent with donations.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sat May 04, 2013 9:49 pm

APEXAPP89 wrote:Our slogan for 2013 is 1+1=6K We need each member to renew AND bring in 1 new member! The Spring Tours are almost complete and have had 100+ attedance at all which is great! So the excitment is there. We just need to continue the momentum and not let up. The Appalachian Family is alive & well indeed. Keep telling our story and bring in those new members....especially those young alums! Thanks for all you support!
T.O.
YC President 2013
Apex, would you mind messaging me with your contact< I would love to discuss.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sun May 05, 2013 7:36 am

NewApp wrote:
Kgfish wrote:
kiddbrewer wrote:
Not a naysayer myself, but I wouldn't go as far as match. Let's wait and see how those attendance numbers look after a couple of years gearing up our recruits and building our depth to compete on a regular basis in the FBS. And having to sit through some potential lean years.

BINGO!!!!! That was Kiddbrewer's point.....
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun May 05, 2013 8:57 am

Gonzo wrote:
moehler wrote:wow, these are great numbers, really supports the decison that was made to move up, but, not trying to be too picky here, imagine what they could raise if they aggressivley went after donation dollars, through the years I have heard from, the baseball team, academic fund raisers, general fund raisers, etc, but as far as I can remember, I have not recieved any information from the yosef club. I have a fixed amount I set each year to give to the school, my first rule is I give to the ones that reach out to me, until I hear from them, I guess my aligence will be to the baseball club, which isnt ofcourse a bad thing.
When I was an undergrad I had friends at NCSU that worked for the Wolf Pack club (or whatever they call it), making some extra cash sitting in their office calling alumni and explaining the perks of joining, pitching certain packages ect. One got to talk to Phillip Rivers once.

Do we do anything like that? I'm not aware if we do. Such aggressive marketing would really help in this crucial time IMO.
I have received those calls from APP

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Sun May 05, 2013 12:32 pm

Gonzo wrote:Awesome. Looks like the impact of the "I'm cutting my donations if we go FBS crowd" was minimal.

The future is bright!

Exactly who is in that crowd you speak of? :?: :?:
a.k.a JC0429

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Sun May 05, 2013 12:36 pm

bcoach wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
moehler wrote:wow, these are great numbers, really supports the decison that was made to move up, but, not trying to be too picky here, imagine what they could raise if they aggressivley went after donation dollars, through the years I have heard from, the baseball team, academic fund raisers, general fund raisers, etc, but as far as I can remember, I have not recieved any information from the yosef club. I have a fixed amount I set each year to give to the school, my first rule is I give to the ones that reach out to me, until I hear from them, I guess my aligence will be to the baseball club, which isnt ofcourse a bad thing.
When I was an undergrad I had friends at NCSU that worked for the Wolf Pack club (or whatever they call it), making some extra cash sitting in their office calling alumni and explaining the perks of joining, pitching certain packages ect. One got to talk to Phillip Rivers once.

Do we do anything like that? I'm not aware if we do. Such aggressive marketing would really help in this crucial time IMO.
I have received those calls from APP

And to me as well; too many times to count. I usually either pledge or say call me when I have more money. ;) Once, when I had mother's rest home bills to pay, I asked how much could they send me. :mrgreen:
a.k.a JC0429

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Mon May 06, 2013 8:34 am

ASU-FTW wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

We certainly do! Is your information up to date in the Goldbook?

http://alumni.appstate.edu/gold-book

I'm pretty sure that is the resource they draw back on when contacting alumni. I know I was called relentlessly until I spoke with someone. A student was on the other end of the line most likely getting some extra cash like you said, while doing some great work for Appalachian.
Those calls are for the Appalachian Fund. They do not fund athletics. I've only received calls from the YC after having been a member.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

Kgfish

Unread post by Kgfish » Mon May 06, 2013 8:47 am

AppState89 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Kgfish wrote:
kiddbrewer wrote:

BINGO!!!!! That was Kiddbrewer's point.....
I'm pretty sure he is saying even with record donations my "match" comment is premature and attendance will ultimately determine if the move to FBS is a success.
No Generation Has The Right To Contract Debts Greater Than Can Be Paid Off During It's Own Existence.

George Washington

Kgfish

Unread post by Kgfish » Mon May 06, 2013 8:55 am

ASUMountaineer wrote:
ASU-FTW wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

I'm pretty sure that is the resource they draw back on when contacting alumni. I know I was called relentlessly until I spoke with someone. A student was on the other end of the line most likely getting some extra cash like you said, while doing some great work for Appalachian.
Those calls are for the Appalachian Fund. They do not fund athletics. I've only received calls from the YC after having been a member.
Don't know if it has changed, but the Development Office once prohibited the YC from contacting anyone donating to the general fund unless they already give to athletics.
No Generation Has The Right To Contract Debts Greater Than Can Be Paid Off During It's Own Existence.

George Washington

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon May 06, 2013 8:59 am

I am more interested in seeing what the attendance will grow to. Will we be able to eclispe 30k on a regualr basis? When the first FBS team comes to Boone we should break the attendance records. Quite frankly, I think our base is big enough now that a bad attendance day will be 22k and a good one will be over 30.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon May 06, 2013 9:15 am

I'm more concerned with season ticket sales this is how I'd like to see attendance grow.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Mon May 06, 2013 10:04 am

Kgfish wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:
ASU-FTW wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

Don't know if it has changed, but the Development Office once prohibited the YC from contacting anyone donating to the general fund unless they already give to athletics.
That would explain it. Though, it seems they should be able to contact any alum. I wonder if this could change.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon May 06, 2013 10:37 am

JCline0429 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:Awesome. Looks like the impact of the "I'm cutting my donations if we go FBS crowd" was minimal.

The future is bright!

Exactly who is in that crowd you speak of? :?: :?:
I read it several times. I'm not scouring the archives though.

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Mon May 06, 2013 11:03 am

Saint3333 wrote:I'm more concerned with season ticket sales this is how I'd like to see attendance grow.

I like big season ticket sales myself including some sefish reasons. I get to get great seats I never could have afforded for cheap. I got three seats on the "home" 50 yard line for the homecoming Elon game from someone who had a ton in the same section, but had 3 or 4 who couldn't show up. They were obtained for cheap to boot.
This same scenario has happened many times over the yers.
a.k.a JC0429

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon May 06, 2013 11:08 am

ASUMountaineer wrote:
ASU-FTW wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

Fully aware of the difference, but I got calls from Yosef before I joined for the first time and got mailing to boot.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Mon May 06, 2013 11:29 am

NewApp wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:
ASU-FTW wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

Fully aware of the difference, but I got calls from Yosef before I joined for the first time and got mailing to boot.

APEXAPP89

Unread post by APEXAPP89 » Tue May 07, 2013 5:13 pm

I welcome any ideas my fellow Mountaineers may have!! You can contact me direct by email or cell. This is my work email:
oliverterry@bfusa.com
919-624-4820 cell
The YC staff does a tremendous job for such few people. We all must work together to expand & grow membership base. I only get on this board about 1x/week just due to schedule. I want to hear your ideas and thoughts. We need to know the good, the bad, and the ugly too. Can't fix anything unless we know there is an issue. I'm a proud Alum and want to see Appalachian prosper in the future!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”