Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Season Tix Sold Out

bcoach
School: Appalachian State

Re: Season Tix Sold Out

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:22 am

All I know is that if I had to trade all the other games to make sure I didn't miss Robert Morris I .............. I'm sorry, how the heck did this happen?

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:00 am

bcoach wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:22 am
All I know is that if I had to trade all the other games to make sure I didn't miss Robert Morris I .............. I'm sorry, how the heck did this happen?
We had a regularly scheduled game with Marshall already on the docket. Then they joined conference so said scheduled game is now a conference game. We needed an OOC conference at the last second. Not too many options.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:22 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:00 am
bcoach wrote:
We had a regularly scheduled game with Marshall already on the docket. Then they joined conference so said scheduled game is now a conference game. We needed an OOC conference at the last second. Not too many options.
I know. It is just so very sad to have not only two FCS teams on the schedule in the same season but one that just nobody has ever heard of. Seems something better could have been worked out, but it is what it is.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:24 am

bcoach wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:22 am
AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:00 am
bcoach wrote:
I know. It is just so very sad to have not only two FCS teams on the schedule in the same season but one that just nobody has ever heard of. Seems something better could have been worked out, but it is what it is.
We were lucky to get Robert Morris on such short notice to be honest. Sure, 2 FCS teams isn't optimal, but it was at least made up with 7 home games instead of the usual 6.
tAPPedInSports.net

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:42 am

I get the thought here but of all the FBS teams we probably aren't the ones to have this type conversation. 2007 wasn't that long ago. Heck, I bet Bobby M gives us a run for a quarter or so!

HurricaneYosef

Unread post by HurricaneYosef » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:45 am

I'll gladly take an extra home game against Robert Morris over playing a same season Home/Away series with Marshall where one of the match ups means way more than the other. Also if Marshall was kept as a road non conference game, we in theory could have been traveling there twice in the same season

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:42 am

Marshall also has two FCS games on their schedule. The Robert Morris contract wasn't fully signed until the first week of March, which was AFTER the schedule was announced.

Both App and Marshall didn't want to play an in-season home and home and it's understandable why. Having an FCS game is not ideal, but it is what it is.

ukappfan

Unread post by ukappfan » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:18 pm

Not to be a nay sayer….. but I wonder if any of the season tickets were bought up by UNC fans? I know from living in Miami that was the MO by Florida and Florida state when they played Miami. They bought up Miami season tickets.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:36 pm

I’m going to throw this out there. My daughter just forwarded me an email …she will be a sophomore and they are guaranteeing student Yosef tickets for members and any student that’s not a member we will be on a lottery. I’m not sure how I feel about this.

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:12 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:36 pm
I’m going to throw this out there. My daughter just forwarded me an email …she will be a sophomore and they are guaranteeing student Yosef tickets for members and any student that’s not a member we will be on a lottery. I’m not sure how I feel about this.
That's quite the development. I'd assume that's a product of worrying about the fire code. Can't imagine that we sold any tickets down there.

VNova

Unread post by VNova » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:08 pm

NO.2 wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:12 pm
mountaineerman wrote:
That's quite the development. I'd assume that's a product of worrying about the fire code. Can't imagine that we sold any tickets down there.
I didn't think we sold tickets for the student section. All I'm hearing is it's time to expand the stadium even more!

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:33 pm

VNova wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:08 pm
NO.2 wrote:
mountaineerman wrote:
I didn't think we sold tickets for the student section. All I'm hearing is it's time to expand the stadium even more!
I hope the SEZ temporary bleachers stay up all season so as many fans as possible have a chance to see them and wander over to sit in them. Then we can get real mock ups of a widened concourse and bleachers set on top of that. Oh, and bring the NEZ stands all the way down to field level.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:35 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:33 pm
VNova wrote:
NO.2 wrote:
mountaineerman wrote:
I hope the SEZ temporary bleachers stay up all season so as many fans as possible have a chance to see them and wander over to sit in them. Then we can get real mock ups of a widened concourse and bleachers set on top of that. Oh, and bring the NEZ stands all the way down to field level.
My understanding is the SEZ temp seats aren't happening anymore.. I've heard several reasons but the one that makes the most sense is due to capacity and egresses and fire marshall.
tAPPedInSports.net

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:44 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:35 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:33 pm
VNova wrote:
NO.2 wrote:
mountaineerman wrote:
My understanding is the SEZ temp seats aren't happening anymore.. I've heard several reasons but the one that makes the most sense is due to capacity and egresses and fire marshall.
I hadn't heard that. I think it's time to start looking at a South East entrance at the top of the hill on Stadium Dr. Heck, can we get a chairlift from the tennis courts up to Greenwood and Broyhill lots? That would be unique. We might be the only stadium in the country with a chair lift. :lol:
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:45 pm

A lottery for students, in any way, seems bad. Don’t students pay a fee included in their tuition?!!!??

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:49 pm

Not much different than other schools. All students do not get into UNC, State, Dook....okay take that back. Dook would probably pay students to show up for games.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:10 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:49 pm
Not much different than other schools. All students do not get into UNC, State, Dook....okay take that back. Dook would probably pay students to show up for games.
WE are not other schools. We are APP STATE. We have never turned away a student before. WE are changing very fast and it is not for the good. If it were not for the fees these students pay we would be in deep $hit.

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:17 pm

bcoach wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:10 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
WE are not other schools. We are APP STATE. We have never turned away a student before. WE are changing very fast and it is not for the good. If it were not for the fees these students pay we would be in deep $hit.
Amen brother!

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:20 pm

pop5app wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:17 pm
bcoach wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:10 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Amen brother!

Appalachian State University
App State Athletics is excited to host the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for one of the most anticipated games of the Mountaineers’ football season on Saturday, Sept. 3 at noon.

The Sept. 3 game has already sold out for all groups except App State students, and we have been working diligently with groups across campus to ensure as many App State students as possible have the opportunity to attend this game.

After consultation with representatives from Student Affairs, Student Yosef Club and Student Government Association leadership, we have developed a special ticket distribution process for the Sept. 3 game:

In order to allow as many App State students as possible to attend, there will be no student guest tickets for the Sept. 3 game.
To be in the student group that will have first priority for football tickets, including for the Sept. 3 game, as well as for the upcoming basketball season, join the Student Yosef Club for only $50.
To join the Student Yosef Club, please visit the 2022 Student Yosef Club Membership website or call 828-262-7999.
Once Student Yosef Club members have been allocated tickets, remaining tickets will be distributed via lottery.
Please look for lottery instructions, which will be sent via email on Aug. 23.
The student ticket lottery will be open from Aug. 23-28.
Student lottery ticket awardees will be notified Aug. 29, and will be able to download their mobile UNC ticket at that time.
We will continue to work with representatives of Student Affairs, Student Yosef Club and Student Government Association to ensure we can accommodate as many students as possible, while providing a safe and memorable experience for all those that attend the game on Sept. 3.

Communications regarding student tickets and student guest tickets for future games will be sent via email prior to each remaining home game.

Thank you for helping pack The Rock this season, and for your support of Mountaineer Football!

App State Athletics

Appalachian State University

P.O. Box 32001, Boone, North Carolina 28608

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:21 pm

Sounds like to me… someone sold too many tickets but I could be wrong

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”