Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UNC game discussion

NattyBumppo'sRevenge
School: Appalachian State

Re: UNC game discussion

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:17 am

KingStLocal wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:41 pm
If we are able to run consistently, we can absolutely beat them. They will stack the box and force us to throw to our new receivers.
I imagine with their soft defense, we will still be successful running the ball when they stack the box.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:58 am

Play action bomb on the first play!!

I really hope we do utilize our tight ends more. I love those seam routes especially if we get favorable matchups with linebackers.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:05 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:58 am
Play action bomb on the first play!!

I really hope we do utilize our tight ends more. I love those seam routes especially if we get favorable matchups with linebackers.
One thing to keep in mind is that our TEs aren’t interchangeable in scheme. Eli Wilson can do so much more than Pearson and Gibbs in terms of pass catching ability and being able to stretch a defense. I’m not suggesting that he is overall better than either Pearson or Gibbs, just that you have to account for him differently from a defensive perspective.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:05 pm

New season, but really hope we play better than our last 2 games
BLACK SATURDAY

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:33 am

Who is Brice, can he throw good.

asu1978

Unread post by asu1978 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:44 am

:lol: :lol: Looking at their message boards,they seem to be more interested in Basketball,as usual.Beware the Mountaineer Giant.I'm.around too many ACC fans who need their attitude corrected,by altitude.Kick Ass.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:16 am

biggie wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:49 pm
PhillyApp1 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:37 pm
I hope our kicking game is ON.
These games in the past have come down to making or missing field goals .

I have good vibes about us this year.
Seems we used to always miss an extra point in P5 games and it hurt us bad.
Rubinos missed FGs were the best worst thing that ever happened to App FB. Losing those games gave the team experience, brought them together, humbled them and allowed for Satterfield to stay longer.

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:32 am

Dale Jones vs. Gene Chizik.

Special teams play and field position IMO will be critical as well as turnovers ....those things carry a greater asterisk in this match up. I just hope we are able to make the big plays at intervals in any stage or interval in the game vs playing control.

Our OL gotta protect Chase Brice!!!!

We have got to play with disciplined swagger and no stupid flags.

Our OC outsmarting Chizik???????
KICK ASS!!!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:16 am

Trenches are the key. UNC boards touting their DL depth...transfers coming in on OL...
Hope we blow them up for 4Qs
Last edited by BambooRdApp on Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:24 am

Ahmani Marshall is going to surprise some folks

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:04 pm

sixtoes9134 wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:24 am
Ahmani Marshall is going to surprise some folks
we'll need him to contribute for sure as we get banged up at RB

BIO: Member of Wake Forest’s program for two seasons, with an official freshman season in 2021 that featured 23 carries for 103 yards in 10 games … Had season highs of six carries for 37 yards against Duke and also had four carries for 29 yards against Norfolk State … Appeared in two games in 2020, gaining 18 yards on six carries, including four against Louisville … As an East Forsyth standout, invited to participate in the Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas . . .. . . Member of back-to-back state championship teams … Rushed for 668 yards and eight touchdowns in five games during an abbreviated senior season … Totaled 2,204 rushing yards and 30 touchdowns in his prep career … Ran for 1,134 yards and 20 touchdowns as a junior … All-area performer played for coach Todd Willert at East Forsyth … Three-star prospect in the 247Sports Composite rankings coming out of high school.
BLACK SATURDAY

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:03 pm

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:37 pm
I hope our kicking game is ON.
These games in the past have come down to making or missing field goals .

I have good vibes about us this year.
Man, I hope you're right. Please forgive me if my skepticism kicks in here.

RiversRunsThroughIt

Unread post by RiversRunsThroughIt » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:52 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:17 am
KingStLocal wrote:
If we are able to run consistently, we can absolutely beat them. They will stack the box and force us to throw to our new receivers.
I imagine with their soft defense, we will still be successful running the ball when they stack the box.

They will be drastically improved on defense. Make no mistake, this will literally be a completely different UNC D than anyone may remember from last year. It’s just unproven. Gene Chizik returns for his second stint at UNC. In 2015 at UNC he completely turned the D around and they were, essentially, a bad onside kick call away from playing in the CFB playoff. The roster he inherits this go around is vastly more talented than his last go around. There may only be 2-3 3* kids in the entire DL room. Everyone else on the 4 man front is HIGHLY rated. Up front they are massive and athletic and the 2nd stringers are just as talented as the ones. The linebackers return plenty of talent but the secondary may be in for a true coming out party this year. Tony Grimes is a former #1 overall CB out of HS that graduated a year early. This will be his third season but he should really be a sophomore. Storm Duck is talented but hasn’t been healthy. He has laid low in camp in prep for the season. The two safeties bring a ton of experience as seniors.

I worry that their secondary could completely erase anyone we could put out there at receiver. They are that talented and combined with the new Chizik scheme which has emphasized simplicity (see ball, get ball), it could be tough going through the air. On the ground the UNC DL is capable of throwing fresh body after body into the game without skipping a beat talent wise. If our new OC isn’t clever and Brice doesn’t get the ball out quick, it could be trouble. The UNC D is over qualified to take on our offense. Personally, I think our D, ST, and the loudest environment ever at KBS will be the difference maker. App by 6

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:56 pm

I think that might be giving them a little too much hype when they haven't played a game with a new unit and new coach
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

RiversRunsThroughIt

Unread post by RiversRunsThroughIt » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:06 pm

Boy I hope so!!!

But the proof is in the pudding for Chizik and success at UNC. He’s done it already and he knows how to turn it around quick. That combined with drastically more talented players is a recipe UNC fans will like sooner than later. Hopefully they destroy their first opponent and feel way too good about themselves like they did walking into Lane Stadium last year.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:07 pm

Just wanted to make something clear. This thread is a very good, even excellent as well as valuable insight general thread about the game. Mine was only about significance of the game and significance amount of winning margin by us. Love this thread.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:49 am

Drake Maye has been named QB1 at Chapel Hill.

Remember, they actually play this week, at home against Florida A&M, before coming to Boone.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:51 am

T-Dog wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:49 am
Drake Maye has been named QB1 at Chapel Hill.

Remember, they actually play this week, at home against Florida A&M, before coming to Boone.
Saw this, randomly ran into his grandfather (or uncle, I can't remember) at the gym and started chatting it up with him. Didn't realize how deep the Maye lineage went in athletics. Hopefully he isn't as good as everyone says he is, but surely Florida A&M will make him look great regardless.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:03 am

RiversRunsThroughIt wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:52 pm
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:17 am
KingStLocal wrote:

They will be drastically improved on defense. Make no mistake, this will literally be a completely different UNC D than anyone may remember from last year. It’s just unproven. Gene Chizik returns for his second stint at UNC. In 2015 at UNC he completely turned the D around and they were, essentially, a bad onside kick call away from playing in the CFB playoff. The roster he inherits this go around is vastly more talented than his last go around. There may only be 2-3 3* kids in the entire DL room. Everyone else on the 4 man front is HIGHLY rated. Up front they are massive and athletic and the 2nd stringers are just as talented as the ones. The linebackers return plenty of talent but the secondary may be in for a true coming out party this year. Tony Grimes is a former #1 overall CB out of HS that graduated a year early. This will be his third season but he should really be a sophomore. Storm Duck is talented but hasn’t been healthy. He has laid low in camp in prep for the season. The two safeties bring a ton of experience as seniors.

I worry that their secondary could completely erase anyone we could put out there at receiver. They are that talented and combined with the new Chizik scheme which has emphasized simplicity (see ball, get ball), it could be tough going through the air. On the ground the UNC DL is capable of throwing fresh body after body into the game without skipping a beat talent wise. If our new OC isn’t clever and Brice doesn’t get the ball out quick, it could be trouble. The UNC D is over qualified to take on our offense. Personally, I think our D, ST, and the loudest environment ever at KBS will be the difference maker. App by 6
How can you pick App after sounding like you are UNC’s sports information director?

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:05 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:56 pm
I think that might be giving them a little too much hype when they haven't played a game with a new unit and new coach
A little? His slobbering is a bit much

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”