Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UNC game discussion

Seattleapp
School: Appalachian State

Re: UNC game discussion

Unread post by Seattleapp » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:19 pm

Rollneers30 wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:05 pm
From a official unofficial source…Downs has been ruled out.
Your third ever post is a doozy if true
Last edited by Seattleapp on Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:10 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:36 pm
Howard Street Hooligan wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:32 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:26 pm
Charfan wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:07 pm
Charlotte fan here. Good luck. Do it for the G5 and for your fans. We will be rooting for you.
I think we all appreciate it! They ask on their board why they are hated by some of our fans but then make comments such as "they have a message board", "their fans are delusional", and take pot shots at our education and talk about how we can only win if we get lucky and they are depleted. They have some nice fans who seem to have a good attitude but for a team with no titles who has under performed the have some arrogant and elitist fans who just have excuses if they lose.
To be fair, the guys from the BGP pod is why people hate us. Those guys are the most pompous and least self aware fans I’ve ever heard.
Just one of them is. He's up there with David Ware on requiring to hear himself speak for way too long. AJ is the most arrogant, pompous "fan" we have.

Big C is the damn man.
I agree with you on Big C. He is a great dude. WCU fans and our normal SoCon rivals from back in the day hated us long before the podcast though. I think UNC is the only school in the Carolinas who is disliked by everyone.

I don't listen to the BGP pod but if true then I could see why. I never understand why Ware was not condensed his questions by now. I try to avoid his interviews just because they are twice as long as they should be. My other is since he did not play football or work in the biz outside of 247 he will say things that are proven untrue when he does not ask our staff. Things like "Hayes can't make practice squad due to experience" because he does not learn the rules or "we can't have 4 all-sbc LBs" that is proven untrue. It is minor but shows his contacts are limited outside of App and he should ask more questions. I appreciate his hard work and he does a great job of tracking recruiting info down though. Moose does a phenomenal job and is the MVP for 247.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:13 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:19 pm
Rollneers30 wrote:
You’re third ever post is a doozy if true
I posted a quote from a writer at the Carolina 247 site that maybe he missed? I consider that unofficial and I don't believe it until I see Downs in street clothes on Saturday.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:36 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:19 pm
Rollneers30 wrote:
Your third ever post is a doozy if true
This is what Henni was saying as well. A source close to the program according to him.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:19 am

Coaches are scheming as if he is still playing. No official word out of Chapel Hill yet. But if he is injured enough to miss practice, why play him? He certainly doesn’t need the reps, but these are non conference games that mean little. Heal him up for ACC play.

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:39 am

I have it on good authority that Big C doesn't actually like shine and prefers his pork with mustard sauce.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:06 am

I hope Downs does play. I don’t want to hear any excuses and what ifs on why they couldn’t score on our defense.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:07 am

Charfan wrote:
Charlotte fan here. Good luck. Do it for the G5 and for your fans. We will be rooting for you.
Thanks..you may be the only CLT fan to say that publicly

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:11 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Charfan wrote:
I think we all appreciate it! They ask on their board why they are hated by some of our fans but then make comments such as "they have a message board", "their fans are delusional", and take pot shots at our education and talk about how we can only win if we get lucky and they are depleted. They have some nice fans who seem to have a good attitude but for a team with no titles who has under performed the have some arrogant and elitist fans who just have excuses if they lose.
To be fair, the guys from the BGP pod is why people hate us. Those guys are the most pompous and least self aware fans I’ve ever heard.
I'm not sure what your issue is with BGP podcast. It's certainly your right to have whatever opinion you have about the podcast or individuals. I personally think they do a great job and I've never felt they do anything to represent our university or our programs negatively. I don't know either of them personally, but I listen to it because they talk about App State and I basically listen to just about anything I find on that topic. Sometimes I agree and sometimes I don't, but I have zero issue either AJ or Big C. Great fans as far as I can tell. Regarding why other programs hate App (to the extent that statement is true...and some opponents do hate us), that feeling precedes the BGP by at least a decade and in many cases multiple decades. It has nothing to do with BGP podcast. It has to do with the fact that other programs hate losing to us and we do have a segment of our fan base that is pretty obnoxious at times. Most winning programs have that problem. There are also some opposing fans who simply don't know how to deal with a passionate fan base. That's life.

MtnMan14

Unread post by MtnMan14 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:17 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:11 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Charfan wrote:
I'm not sure what your issue is with BGP podcast. It's certainly your right to have whatever opinion you have about the podcast or individuals. I personally think they do a great job and I've never felt they do anything to represent our university or our programs negatively. I don't know either of them personally, but I listen to it because they talk about App State and I basically listen to just about anything I find on that topic. Sometimes I agree and sometimes I don't, but I have zero issue either AJ or Big C. Great fans as far as I can tell. Regarding why other programs hate App (to the extent that statement is true...and some opponents do hate us), that feeling precedes the BGP by at least a decade and in many cases multiple decades. It has nothing to do with BGP podcast. It has to do with the fact that other programs hate losing to us and we do have a segment of our fan base that is pretty obnoxious at times. Most winning programs have that problem. There are also some opposing fans who simply don't know how to deal with a passionate fan base. That's life.
I agree. I don’t know either of them but I enjoy the show and feel they do a great job. As to why other programs hate us, go look at the Tar Pit on 247. We have several posters on there being obnoxious. Friendly banter is one thing, but most (not all) of the App folks that have made their way over there are just being buttholes to be frank. I really don’t post here a lot, but I’m pretty disappointed in how some folks are representing our fan base. We are acting like little brother.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:19 am

Here’s my simplified analysis: Sandpaper that Ass early then go Bombs over Baghdad for offense. Skulldrag and roadgrade on defense. Mountaineers score as many touchdowns as UNC has ill gotten national championships.

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:36 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Charfan wrote:
BigC is the most knowledgeable and down to earth fan in our fan base. I love listening to him talk sports. Would subscribe $100.00 a year to listen to him talk App State sports. Agree with you on the other host. I honestly stopped listening because of him. Just seems childish. The overuse of the University of Non-Compliance "joke" is cringeworthy. I eventually just quit tuning in sometime in 2020.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:45 am

ASU2012 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:36 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Charfan wrote:
BigC is the most knowledgeable and down to earth fan in our fan base. I love listening to him talk sports. Would subscribe $100.00 a year to listen to him talk App State sports. Agree with you on the other host. I honestly stopped listening because of him. Just seems childish. The overuse of the University of Non-Compliance "joke" is cringeworthy. I eventually just quit tuning in sometime in 2020.
I will say that the use of the "University of Non-Compliance" at the beginning of the interview with the visiting UNC guest (media guy) this past show was in bad taste. I don't know if he knew the guy or what the situation was, but generally guests are and should be treated better than that. The rest of the interview was much better. I really don't have an issue with AJ and for me, that seemed to be an isolated incident.

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:52 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:45 am
ASU2012 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
Charfan wrote:
I will say that the use of the "University of Non-Compliance" at the beginning of the interview with the visiting UNC guest (media guy) this past show was in bad taste. I don't know if he knew the guy or what the situation was, but generally guests are and should be treated better than that. The rest of the interview was much better. I really don't have an issue with AJ and for me, that seemed to be an isolated incident.
I haven't listened but that seems par for the course

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:02 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:45 am
ASU2012 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
Charfan wrote:
I do think they knew the UNC guy previously and have mutual friends based on the conversation.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:13 am

If you're offended by the University of non-compliance than I'm not sure you understand the decades of hypocrisy and the depth of the scandal. They need to own that.

Now should he have led with that to an individual volunteering their time for the call, no, I can agree with that specific use.

I'm grateful for Big C (personal friend since 2000) and AJ for the time they put in each week to bring us news and discussion about App. They have great guests and I'd wager it takes 3-4 hours a week to schedule those guests, edit, and produce the pod outside of the couple hours we get to enjoy.

I agree AJ is long-winded with the lead in and questioning at times. I play it on 1.5 speed which helps.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:13 am

Another good thread going off the rails with the never ending Carolina non-compliance, bugus class bashing. Lord enough already.

Regarding Downs. Hope he plays and is 100%. No excuses after we whoop them.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:35 am

Seems their thought on their message board/podcast is that Grimes plays but Downs does not.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:45 am

Downs posted on IG, with an implication that he won’t be playing.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:58 am

yosef69 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:45 am
Downs posted on IG, with an implication that he won’t be playing.
I don’t see the post you are referring to

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”