Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

College Game Day Is Coming To BOONE!

Seattleapp
School: Appalachian State

Re: College Game Day Is Coming To BOONE!

Unread post by Seattleapp » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:50 am

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:48 am
I literally see nothing wrong with anything that was said on TNF. Out of context, could have been meant maliciously, could have been good, could have been just random banter between people, could have been an inside joke. Anything can be taken offensively if you look hard enough.
It’s like we have insecure Trolls within our own ranks.

NeersBy90

Unread post by NeersBy90 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:51 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:40 am
NeersBy90 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:11 am
Just a couple great sign ideas after seeing the clip from TNF last night with Al Michaels and Kirk... Are they petty? Sure but they're taking shots at us Thursday Night Football.

GO HOME KIRK

and

"DO NOT DISTURB"

I'm also a huge fan of RETIRE CORSO
Im pretty sure the point of the signs is not to ridicule the hosts. Retire Corso? Really?
I'm well aware that's not their idea for the signs. Yes, Retire Corso. I even acknowledged my post as petty.

They both hate the Group of Five am I'm sorry I'm not going to gush all over them because they decided to throw us a bone. Gameday coming here is great. I love the exposure and all of that but that doesn't mean they get a free pass from me. If they cared about App they would flex our game and take us off ESPN+.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:54 am

NeersBy90 wrote:
Just a couple great sign ideas after seeing the clip from TNF last night with Al Michaels and Kirk... Are they petty? Sure but they're taking shots at us Thursday Night Football.

GO HOME KIRK

and

"DO NOT DISTURB"

Great way to make sure they never come back

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:55 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:50 am
I literally see nothing wrong with anything that was said on TNF. Out of context, could have been meant maliciously, could have been good, could have been just random banter between people, could have been an inside joke. Anything can be taken offensively if you look hard enough.
It’s like we have insecure Trolls within our own ranks.
Napoleon complex is strong within a lot of our fan base.

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:55 am

NeersBy90 wrote:
ukappfan wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:36 am
NeersBy90 wrote:

GO HOME KIRK

and

"DO NOT DISTURB"

Where can you see the clip and what did they say?
I hope this works, I copy and pasted the Twitter link from Joe Giglio’s Twitter if it doesn’t.

I don't really get the 'joke' if it was one, or maybe some inside banter between the two of them.

ukappfan

Unread post by ukappfan » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:57 am

I don’t really see anything wrong either. It sounds like he was picking on herb for wearing a jacket when it’s 78 outside. It’s colder in Boone so he said have fun. How is that a jab at app?

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:59 am

ukappfan wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:57 am
I don’t really see anything wrong either. It sounds like he was picking on herb for wearing a jacket when it’s 78 outside. It’s colder in Boone so he said have fun. How is that a jab at app?
That’s exactly how I perceived it as well. I have no idea how this could be a dig at boone.

NeersBy90

Unread post by NeersBy90 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:59 am

I'll leave it alone. It sounds like a smug, lack of interest jab to me.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:00 am

NeersBy90 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:51 am
Seattleapp wrote:
NeersBy90 wrote:

GO HOME KIRK

and

"DO NOT DISTURB"

Im pretty sure the point of the signs is not to ridicule the hosts. Retire Corso? Really?
I'm well aware that's not their idea for the signs. Yes, Retire Corso. I even acknowledged my post as petty.

They both hate the Group of Five am I'm sorry I'm not going to gush all over them because they decided to throw us a bone. Gameday coming here is great. I love the exposure and all of that but that doesn't mean they get a free pass from me. If they cared about App they would flex our game and take us off ESPN+.
No offense but you are contradicting yourself. You realize gameday coming to Boone is not them throwing us a bone. And you can’t say you love the exposure of gameday but dont love gameday. They are recognizing who we are as a program. I’ve seen nothing but praise for App and the Sunbelt. I assume based on your post you will be boycotting Gameday. Honestly you sound like a Tennessee fan. Everyone is against us all the time. Which couldn’t be further from the truth. We are the darling of college football at the moment. And we’ve earned it. Stop borrowing trouble where there is none and enjoy the experience. I’m completely secure where App is in the college world. And at the end of the day it’s college football played by kids. Just enjoy the fun of it. Or just enjoy the enjoyment the students and players are having.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:01 am

NeersBy90 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:59 am
I'll leave it alone. It sounds like a smug, lack of interest jab to me.
As referenced earlier. Don’t be so insecure. There is not animus there.

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:06 am

Everything I've seen online so far is the GameDay personalities being extremely complimentary of Boone and the university.

Maybe a couple of them don't want to be here. So what? Show out and give them the greeting of a lifetime anyway and attitudes could change. I imagine they'll be surprised tomorrow morning and think Damn, we should have come to Boone sooner.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:08 am

I don't see anything wrong with going at them for their constant bashing of Group of 5 and App. We should stand up for ourselves. The cupcake comment, Corso, all are fair game. We also need to have thick skins when they come back at us. But that's what makes it entertaining. If all we do is gush over them and how they were so gracious to acknowledge our 'little program' on their big time TV program....holy crap, how boring can it get.

I'd say some on here need to grow a set and stand up for who we are. App is a top tier program at any level. Own it.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:11 am

If they really hated us, they would have made Eric Church the guest picker

ukappfan

Unread post by ukappfan » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:12 am

mike87 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:08 am
I don't see anything wrong with going at them for their constant bashing of Group of 5 and App. We should stand up for ourselves. The cupcake comment, Corso, all are fair game. We also need to have thick skins when they come back at us. But that's what makes it entertaining. If all we do is gush over them and how they were so gracious to acknowledge our 'little program' on their big time TV program....holy crap, how boring can it get.

I'd say some on here need to grow a set and stand up for who we are. App is a top tier program at any level. Own it.
Yup. Herb will never live down the cupcake comment. The signs will be funny as long as we can continue to back it up. It would be very funny if herb walks out onto the show with cupcakes 😂

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:17 am

Luke should be the one to bring thecupcakes out….

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:23 am

It's amazing the select few who come on here constantly looking for a problem with nearly everything. If it's not the immediate bitching about play calls on the game thread it's about coaches in general or cups of ice and now it's that some ESPN announcer said something years ago that can't be let go. This is a great opportunity for exposure for our school, community and program tomorrow and again, a select few would actually like to use the national platform to attack Herbstreet? Wow that's amazing. I really hope some idiots don't actually attempt to make us look bad tomorrow and to really make Boone and App irrelevant.

Appstrong

Unread post by Appstrong » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:26 am

Maybe Herbie is just dreading the trip due to all the vitriol he has seen from our fan base over past remarks. I know I would probably dread the encounter if I were him. Let’s continue to change his mind and move on past it, letting the current state of our program speak for itself. Our success can be the salt that rubs the wound!

appsfan

Unread post by appsfan » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:27 am

I didn't take the comment maliciously when I saw it live. My thought was wow, how many million more people just heard Boone NC? Great exposure for the area.

ugmw177

Unread post by ugmw177 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:29 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:23 am
It's amazing the select few who come on here constantly looking for a problem with nearly everything. If it's not the immediate bitching about play calls on the game thread it's about coaches in general or cups of ice and now it's that some ESPN announcer said something years ago that can't be let go. This is a great opportunity for exposure for our school, community and program tomorrow and again, a select few would actually like to use the national platform to attack Herbstreet? Wow that's amazing. I really hope some idiots don't actually attempt to make us look bad tomorrow and to really make Boone and App irrelevant.
THIS. Have some class; let our institution and athletics speak for themselves

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:30 am

Anyone who shows their ass tomorrow, needs to be promptly removed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”