School: Appalachian State

Re: KB makes top 10 list of loudest stadiums

Unread post by kornegaylw » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:42 pm

They are throwing some shade at WVU and VT

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:45 pm

Overall, thought the student section was good (not great) from a loudness meter for UNC...a significant number of dead periods..as compared to Marshall and CCU last year (night games of course). Student section was over the top for those two games..Maybe it was the early morning start for the kids (the UNC Game)
Last edited by BambooRdApp on Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:46 pm

Think that guy just tries to get a rise out of people.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:49 pm

Captain Morgan wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:25 pm
which is kinda wild considering we're probably the small stadium on that list

For opposing players and coaches in KBS it can be much louder than you expect due to how passionate our fans are and the mountain enclosing the sound. I 100% believe we could end up being a place that College Game Day tries to make an annual trip to see due to how loud we can be. It would not shock me at all if this was one of many times they come to Boone.

Just one example from last weekend that should tell even SEC fans how loud our stadium can be is in the 4th quarter they would try to get cheers going to drown out App fans because it was clear it was fueling our players. They heard us from midfield and would pump up our crowd raising their arms looking at us during timeouts. We did something that very few SEC teams have ever done and that is go into Kyle Field and take it over. I had an A&M fan tell me they had never seen a team not named Alabama or from Texas or Oklahoma just roll into their stadium and be that loud. We defeated not just their players and outcoached them but also defeated the "Mighty 12th Man".

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:51 pm

biggie wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:46 pm
Think that guy just tries to get a rise out of people.
He definitely does but it is not shocking to think we will be one of the loudest this week. I am interested to see how our crowd is. I hope the students stay sober and put on a performance like they did for CCU last year. I hope that our crowd is so loud that we force Troy to take multiple timeouts because they can't hear on the field.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:34 pm

Of course this week at Duke won't be quiet - A&T is coming to Wallace Wade
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:37 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:34 pm
Of course this week at Duke won't be quiet - A&T is coming to Wallace Wade
There is a game between two loud and passionate fanbases. LOL

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:40 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:49 pm
Captain Morgan wrote:

For opposing players and coaches in KBS it can be much louder than you expect due to how passionate our fans are and the mountain enclosing the sound. I 100% believe we could end up being a place that College Game Day tries to make an annual trip to see due to how loud we can be. It would not shock me at all if this was one of many times they come to Boone.

Just one example from last weekend that should tell even SEC fans how loud our stadium can be is in the 4th quarter they would try to get cheers going to drown out App fans because it was clear it was fueling our players. They heard us from midfield and would pump up our crowd raising their arms looking at us during timeouts. We did something that very few SEC teams have ever done and that is go into Kyle Field and take it over. I had an A&M fan tell me they had never seen a team not named Alabama or from Texas or Oklahoma just roll into their stadium and be that loud. We defeated not just their players and outcoached them but also defeated the "Mighty 12th Man".
We really did silence Kyle Field. When TAMU students tried to drown out the App fans in the 4th the fans down in the endzone never quit. I think that was when reality hit them they weren't going to win.

Our players feed off it, I feed off it...it felt like a KBS game by the end

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:53 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:40 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:49 pm
Captain Morgan wrote:

We really did silence Kyle Field. When TAMU students tried to drown out the App fans in the 4th the fans down in the endzone never quit. I think that was when reality hit them they weren't going to win.

Our players feed off it, I feed off it...it felt like a KBS game by the end
100%. Them trying to drown us out made us cheer louder. The 12th Man literally had ZERO effect and I hope the rest of the SEC took note and do the same to them. On top of the win on the field the fact our fans beat the 12th Man was just as big of an upset. It was amazing.

Now let's beat Troy! Hope our players are focused and don't let the Trojans get their big program win against us.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:36 am

Captain Morgan wrote:

I think that's one thing we had going for us at the A&M game. Kyle field's 12th Man wasn't as effective because App is used to playing in front of a rowdy crowd and was used to it.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:10 am

hotrod2001 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:36 am
Captain Morgan wrote:

I think that's one thing we had going for us at the A&M game. Kyle field's 12th Man wasn't as effective because App is used to playing in front of a rowdy crowd and was used to it.
I've been to some big and loud stadiums and Playoff/ESPN KBS is as loud as any of them. Honestly I've never heard a louder stadium than KBS during the 2007 playoffs. I'm sure the most recent ESPN games (Coastal, Marshal, UNC, etc.) were louder but I wasn't there

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:24 am

I remember the Florida fans telling us that App State fans were the loudest fans ever at The Swamp. Said we were louder than SEC fans.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:17 am

Florida was great.... we took over downtown.... heard the same thing as 89.

But the A&M game was a different level.... App State took over the 12 man... many,many fans said we were the loudest they had ever heard... and yes, the A&M 12 man gave up ....lol

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:37 pm

I disagree with all these. The loudest stadium is not even listed. Ive been to Texas AM, Michigan, NC State, Florida, So. Car., Penn St. and of course KBS. The loudest I ever experienced was at Montana. Somewhat the equivalent to standing right behind a jet sitting on the tarmac with engines roaring. In 2009, it was Armantis last game (playoff) and the team practiced with the sound system full blast plus they developed new hand signals just for this game. At WaGriz Stadium, they built it by just digging a giant hole in the ground. The sound has nowhere to go so it is ridiculously loud even with only 25k fans.

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:41 pm

It really depends on the game. UNC may not have been as loud because we were getting dominated for 2 quarters. It came alive in the 4th after a lot of fans left. Coastal last year was incredible, because it was close the entire game, it was at night, and Coastal was ranked high - a recipe for a raucous atmosphere. I brought a State fan to that game and he said that our section was the most vocal he had ever heard.

ASUGrad2014

Unread post by ASUGrad2014 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:16 pm

I was at Texas A&M and was not impressed with how loud their stadium was. There were times when our 1000 fans were way louder than their 90K+ fans were.

Kidd Brewer was not loud until the 4th quarter when we played UNC.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:07 pm

AppAlum1 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:37 pm
I disagree with all these. The loudest stadium is not even listed. Ive been to Texas AM, Michigan, NC State, Florida, So. Car., Penn St. and of course KBS. The loudest I ever experienced was at Montana. Somewhat the equivalent to standing right behind a jet sitting on the tarmac with engines roaring. In 2009, it was Armantis last game (playoff) and the team practiced with the sound system full blast plus they developed new hand signals just for this game. At WaGriz Stadium, they built it by just digging a giant hole in the ground. The sound has nowhere to go so it is ridiculously loud even with only 25k fans.
I was there as well and I remember this. Montana fans are loud but the sound is trapped so well and it helps.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:07 pm

There were a few Black Saturdays that the Furman and GaSo teams just had to take time outs because they couldn't concentrate, and this was like in the first five minutes of the game.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”