Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

PEOPLES

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Re: PEOPLES

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:42 pm

appstate77 wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:50 pm
Medical diagnoses are not revealed due to federal privacy laws like HIPAA. I can also see coaches not revealing too much for opposing coaches to plan for.
This is nothing to do with HIPPA. They are just respecting his privacy. If Cam wants to tell what happened then he can but otherwise this did not happen with football so they are giving him his privacy.

Coaches are actually smart not to give away injury information at all so teams can't try to scheme around hitting that area harder or anything.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:50 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:00 pm
We do have 247 but I wouldn't really say we get much inside scoop there either. There is a message board just for premium subscribers and another one for anybody and there are articles, in depth recruiting stuff and interviews just for subscribers but it isn't like we are getting any real secret information about the team there either. Fact is, our current staff keeps things close to the chest so nobody in the public really knows anything.
We as fans care but honestly there is no benefit to them giving info to be used on a message board. There is nothing stopping Chadwell or any other coach from getting a comp account or subscribing to 247 to read or signing up here to read. Our staff should keep it close to the vest and honestly if Shawn decided to never confirm or deny an injury or who is playing until we see who plays on game days then I would understand it. The only people who really need to know the injury situation of our players are the NFL scouts and people working directly with our team.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:53 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:08 pm
t4pizza wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:00 pm
We do have 247 but I wouldn't really say we get much inside scoop there either. There is a message board just for premium subscribers and another one for anybody and there are articles, in depth recruiting stuff and interviews just for subscribers but it isn't like we are getting any real secret information about the team there either. Fact is, our current staff keeps things close to the chest so nobody in the public really knows anything.
Ware has limited inside knowledge. He's leaked too much in the past so he doesn't get much outside of recruiting news. He is one of the main reasons things (including weekly injury reports) are held so tight to the chest.

Your best bet to get the inside knowledge is going to be from former players or current staffers.
I figured this. I know we use to see stuff leaked on 247 and I could tell over the last few years that Shawn and even Drink got more tight lipped. Loose lips sink ships.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:31 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:42 pm
appstate77 wrote:
Medical diagnoses are not revealed due to federal privacy laws like HIPAA. I can also see coaches not revealing too much for opposing coaches to plan for.
This is nothing to do with HIPPA. They are just respecting his privacy. If Cam wants to tell what happened then he can but otherwise this did not happen with football so they are giving him his privacy.

Coaches are actually smart not to give away injury information at all so teams can't try to scheme around hitting that area harder or anything.
Well, yes that's exactly the way HIPAA works. I ve had to work under HIPAA for the last 25 years. If a player or family wants to share info they, obviously, can. However, an institution like a hospital or school cannot share the medical info.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:50 pm

appstate77 wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:31 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
appstate77 wrote:

Well, yes that's exactly the way HIPAA works. I ve had to work under HIPAA for the last 25 years. If a player or family wants to share info they, obviously, can. However, an institution like a hospital or school cannot share the medical info.

Pro sports and Hippa
https://deadspin.com/do-hipaa-laws-appl ... 1844195531

https://www.google.com/search?q=is+it+a ... e&ie=UTF-8

College and hipaa
https://training-conditioning.com/artic ... te-matter/

https://thesportjournal.org/article/the ... essionals/

"Depending upon the status of a team physician for college teams, there are different stipulations about what information can be shared. Some team physicians conduct part of their practice through the student health center. In this case, the physician falls under the guidelines of FERPA and should be allowed to share information with coaches and athletic trainers. A physician not employed by a university-run health center will be subject to the HIPAA guidelines. In this case it is possible that, in order for any information to be released to athletic trainers, an authorization form would need to be signed. An exception to HIPAA exists that specifically states that information can be released to another provider for treatment purposes. What is unclear, however, is whether or not a trainer is considered a provider under HIPAA guidelines (Hill, 2003).

For coaches and other school administrators, an authorization would need to be provided before this information could be shared. Another concern is on-field evaluations information. Can this be shared with the necessary parties? The answer, it seems, is that these evaluations would fall under the category of emergency evaluations, for which prior authorization is unnecessary.

Finally, regarding the sharing of information with the media, this issue is clear-cut. Under HIPAA, personal health information can be provided to sports information staff or the media only with authorization from the athlete (Magee et al., 2003)."

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:38 pm

This thread is giving me flashbacks to 2020 with all of this Hippa talk

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:05 pm

There is a very big gap between not knowing something and not posting something. ;)

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:59 pm

My hope is he gets back next week and starts his run to a 1,000 yard season

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:20 pm

appstate77 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
appstate77 wrote:
This is nothing to do with HIPAA. They are just respecting his privacy. If Cam wants to tell what happened then he can but otherwise this did not happen with football so they are giving him his privacy.

I get that you do and people outside of football often are tied down with what they can share but some coaches get up in front of media and share an injury report with time table or general injury all the time. Clark is not keeping quiet these days because of HIPAA. He is doing it for other reasons. If Peoples has an ankle sprain then HIPAA is not keeping him from saying so.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:23 pm

appdaze wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:50 pm
appstate77 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
appstate77 wrote:

Pro sports and Hippa
https://deadspin.com/do-hipaa-laws-appl ... 1844195531

https://www.google.com/search?q=is+it+a ... e&ie=UTF-8

College and hipaa
https://training-conditioning.com/artic ... te-matter/

https://thesportjournal.org/article/the ... essionals/

"Depending upon the status of a team physician for college teams, there are different stipulations about what information can be shared. Some team physicians conduct part of their practice through the student health center. In this case, the physician falls under the guidelines of FERPA and should be allowed to share information with coaches and athletic trainers. A physician not employed by a university-run health center will be subject to the HIPAA guidelines. In this case it is possible that, in order for any information to be released to athletic trainers, an authorization form would need to be signed. An exception to HIPAA exists that specifically states that information can be released to another provider for treatment purposes. What is unclear, however, is whether or not a trainer is considered a provider under HIPAA guidelines (Hill, 2003).

For coaches and other school administrators, an authorization would need to be provided before this information could be shared. Another concern is on-field evaluations information. Can this be shared with the necessary parties? The answer, it seems, is that these evaluations would fall under the category of emergency evaluations, for which prior authorization is unnecessary.

Finally, regarding the sharing of information with the media, this issue is clear-cut. Under HIPAA, personal health information can be provided to sports information staff or the media only with authorization from the athlete (Magee et al., 2003)."
Schools usually share this information with NFL teams and the NFL is entitled to it. Some schools will wait until the season is over but worst case the NFL will find out when players go to an all-star game, NFL combine, or pro day because NFL teams have them fill out paperwork giving them permission to know their records, conduct medical tests, etc. One thing a lot of people don't even realize is that the NFL Combine was originally started just as a cheaper way for NFL teams to conduct medical exams for players. Workouts in shorts catching balls and bench pressing did not start until a little later on.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:37 am

After reading this thread, Saturday cannot get here fast enough.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:54 am

I would really hate for any player for App, much less a young man we have all enjoyed watching (and one who appears to love it here) to find a thread about him on a discussion board. Then to read takes that basically question his loyalty to the program.

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:38 am

Pretty confident that potential future Mountaineers, families, etc. may visit here as well.
Support all App State family!

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:01 am

It’s HIPAA, not HIPPA and it ONLY applies to covered entities and their Business Associates. So, if App State is a Business Associate of all the various medical entities in Watauga and surrounding areas, which I’m sure they are, then they cannot disclose Protected Health Information unless consent is given. Patient can do whatever they wish.

AEB4AE

Unread post by AEB4AE » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:09 am

BOTTOM LINE- He makes a BIG difference on 3 and 4TH &short- Keeps drives alive

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:10 am

Why would we share anything specific with the public? We have some clueless fans that just look for something to whine about. LMAO 🤣 🤣

Appmountaineers19
School: Other

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:28 am

There is absolutely no reason why we need to know all the info about what happened. It was a non-football injury - he didn't make the trip- when it is needed, an update will be made by CP (if he chooses too) or a vague update by the HC. There's a reason why injury updates are vague whether its for privacy of the individual or not tipping off your hand to an opponent.

Hope CP is ok - time to move forward

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:33 pm

Bootsy wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:37 am
Except that we don’t play til Wednesday.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:51 pm

All I know is I love watching peoples play, his energy his drive and his support of the team. He is the kink of runner (if he's healthy needs to be the full-time back not part of a rotaton.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:16 pm

proasu89 wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:33 pm
Bootsy wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:37 am
Except that we don’t play til Wednesday.
That's Bootsy's point- Our hearts can't take another Saturday let down. Need a Saturday with no stress.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”