Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

No canned, all BAND

GreatAppSt
School: Appalachian State

No canned, all BAND

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:15 pm

We have Black Saturday(I feel every game day is Black Saturday but I digress) but I would like to see a throwback one game per year as the :idea: "no canned all BAND!" :idea: game. And let the BoD blow it out, mic em up, give it hell, and their all for App until the W and the last note of the Waltz is played. :D

What do you all think :?:

The GOAT AE Didn't thank the Canned (because there was way less then) He thanked and conducted the BAND :!:

Let's get this done.

TractorApp

Re: No canned, all BAND

Unread post by TractorApp » Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:22 am

The way it ought to be. Why in the world would anyone want to hear canned music when we have a band? The band should be playing after every big play and all first downs and scoring plays.

zim262

Unread post by zim262 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:05 am

Would love to see the band, when they play, make about a 130 degree turn to the right, so they would more or less be facing the west side.

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:17 am

YES, PLEASE, more music from the band. Put these guys where they can be heard!

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:29 am

I don't mean this in a rude way at all, and maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but it seems we don't have nearly enough songs to play an entire game.

I sat in the student section a couple of games ago and it seems you hear the same 5ish songs on repeat. Not saying they don't have more in the tank, but it seems like the variety of song choices is underwhelming.

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:25 am

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:29 am
I don't mean this in a rude way at all, and maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but it seems we don't have nearly enough songs to play an entire game.

I sat in the student section a couple of games ago and it seems you hear the same 5ish songs on repeat. Not saying they don't have more in the tank, but it seems like the variety of song choices is underwhelming.
This is no way intended to mimic another school's band but having enough songs is good but not crucial. Clemson band is miked up and they play all or portions of Tiger Rag between plays, series, quarters, after scores. The entire stadium is into the band. If an 82K seat stadium can get that involved around a band surely a 30K seat KBS could also.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:58 am

scatman77 wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:25 am
ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:29 am

This is no way intended to mimic another school's band but having enough songs is good but not crucial. Clemson band is miked up and they play all or portions of Tiger Rag between plays, series, quarters, after scores. The entire stadium is into the band. If an 82K seat stadium can get that involved around a band surely a 30K seat KBS could also.
Good point, I'd be good with that too. It just seems that now we play the same snippet over and over.

And I could be in the minority, but I don't think the general audience cares much about the Star Wars theme.

wncapp78

Unread post by wncapp78 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:08 am

I agree more Marching Mountaineers. But we can’t just say it here we have to say it to the athletic department (which I have done before with “we can’t do it here” as the response).

TractorApp

Unread post by TractorApp » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:39 am

Our administrators need to be reminded that we are not obligated to donate. The band should be a huge part of the game day experience and needs to be supported by our leadership. To neglect them and their contribution is unacceptable.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:43 pm

Operationally, maybe more, but 2 things need to happen IMO. Some type of microphone system set as previously stated.I sit in NEZ and they are not very loud....and band leaders need to know when to cue the playing of music..maybe it is an issue that band does not know when sound systems will play various songs versus when they should play, etc. I do not know answer. My impression from my seats is that they are not sure when to play or think sound system is going to play.

I would like the band to play as much as possible. Down changeovers when having to punt, TV timeouts....as much as possible as considering good sportsmanship when opposing team has the ball. Rather them not play when in snap count. Let student section make it loud then..
More Band, less music...but music not fully eliminated.
Basically, we need more Cow Bell!!
Last edited by BambooRdApp on Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

JGthatsme86

Unread post by JGthatsme86 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:00 pm

This ship has sailed. The players and the students love the DJ and music. I’m all for getting the BOD miked up, because you can barely hear them in 205, but cutting all canned music wouldn’t and shouldn’t happen IMO. Both serve a purpose in modern, FBS college football.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:41 pm

It's still simple in my mind - the band plays during game action, between plays, etc. Canned music plays during the timeouts.

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:26 pm

GreatAppSt wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:15 pm
We have Black Saturday(I feel every game day is Black Saturday but I digress) but I would like to see a throwback one game per year as the :idea: "no canned all BAND!" :idea: game. And let the BoD blow it out, mic em up, give it hell, and their all for App until the W and the last note of the Waltz is played. :D

What do you all think :?:

The GOAT AE Didn't thank the Canned (because there was way less then) He thanked and conducted the BAND :!:

Let's get this done.
GAS, I agree the band should be more prominent; perhaps not all the time but more than it is used now. Just because other stadiums use recordings doesnt mean we have to copy that. We do have the best band in the state.

But I think it was Richie Williams who thanked the band after the 2005 champeenship game not Armanti. I thought at the time it was a very mature and selfless gesture on his part.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:50 pm

TractorApp wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:39 am
Our administrators need to be reminded that we are not obligated to donate. The band should be a huge part of the game day experience and needs to be supported by our leadership. To neglect them and their contribution is unacceptable.
Tractor App, someone mentioned putting them where the most people can hear them. We've tried the NEZ off and on. We've tried the West Side. We've tried the East Side. Miking, if we have to do that, then that seems belittling to our bands capabilities. Sure some other bands do this including The Can'tAmountsJust let them play without all the DJ crap. Wouldn't bother me if the band played the same snippet pep songs over and over. If fans want to hear rap or country, just turn on the radio on the way home or in the tailgate. . Can do that anytime. The opportunity to hear the App band in person is rare. It used to be wonderful hearing the Band of Distinction throughout the entire game as well as pre game and post game. They weren't miked then and could hear them loudly anywhere in the stadium and besides with or without the East Side upper decks we could still hear them
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”