Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App St football = POOP

HighlandsApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: App St football = POOP

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:24 am

I believe that this team could be and possibly is as good as some of the earlier Sunbelt teams that won championships. The Sunbelt has gotten MUCH better. All of the new members and our league mates are much better stronger deeper teams than what Satterfield faced when we first moved up.

We are in an extremely strong G5 conference. Winning conference championships is going to be a rarity not the norm for us or any of our members going forward. As far as the opinion that the talent is not there; this talent nearly beat a now 8-1 North Carolina team and we did beat Texas A&M which is a whole bunch of five-star players.

I don't really like the portal and what it's become either but if we don't embrace it fully like James Madison's coach did to supplement an already strong team - not just dipping and getting one or two players but getting more Chase Brice type guys to both fill holes and if a good kid who's sitting at a strong team but playing backup to a superstar future NFL player we need them.

The only thing to be sore about is that It's looking as though James Madison is going to be doing the move up better than we did and better and the Willie Fritz Georgia Southern first-year team. I guess you can also be sore that we likely aren't better than the team was last year 2 years ago 3 years ago 4 years ago etc etc etc...
Last edited by HighlandsApp on Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:28 am

JMU is going to transition better than App. Way too early for that take. Four SBC titles and four bowl wins our first five years is going to be a high bar.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:35 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:28 am
JMU is going to transition better than App. Way too early for that take. Four SBC titles and four bowl wins our first five years is going to be a high bar.
I don't like your posting persona on this board. You obviously don't like me.

You entirely took a statement of hypothetical words like possibly could be or could be doing and either misinterpreted them as someone making a flat out claim or you just like to stir up s*** and be an a******.

So if you don't like my posts just ignore them. I'm going to ignore every post that you write going forward.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:17 am

Maybe I am a "homer" and can only view through a "black and gold" lense. We have a history of being very good. I believe we can be very good and win the conference championship more than any other team in the SBC. Does that mean every year, no...but more than others each decade. I hope Coach Clark is the guy at the helm leading the charge.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

teller

Unread post by teller » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:33 am

The ultimate question for EVERYONE to ponder ... As others have stated .......... are we now a mediocre team or become a mediocre program? TA&M (1-5) (3-6) is the absolute trash of the SEC so that dub is out that door. UNC while trending in the ACC is a WIN to APP and loss to ND.... Clemson lost to ND and Marshall win vs ND was considered a "legit win" & "strength of conference". Guess our game in Huntington this weekend will tell more about the topic in question, are we a mediocre team or become a mediocre program? Let's go keyboard warriors, it's clear you know who I am, who are you? 9842386301, let me hear you & your opinion loud and proud. LFG Babyyyyyy!!!!!!

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:55 am

The personal attacks need to stop now!

teller

Unread post by teller » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:04 am

appst89 wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:55 am
Personal? I've been the only one to state my name, my number, a link to my socials while everyone else backed down. the only attack has been against me, assuming you're a mediator, what are you doing to stop it? Our team stinks and we need recruits that are dogs...we currently dont have that. We have doodoo!!!

Tru2ASU

Unread post by Tru2ASU » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:08 am

A few losses in one season truly shows the fragility and arrogance of a lot, not all, of our fanbase. Obviously a setback year, I'm readying, and hopeful, for the comeback.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:17 am

Tru2ASU wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:08 am
A few losses in one season truly shows the fragility and arrogance of a lot, not all, of our fanbase. Obviously a setback year, I'm readying, and hopeful, for the comeback.
We said that last year too…

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:20 am

teller wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:04 am
appst89 wrote:
Personal? I've been the only one to state my name, my number, a link to my socials while everyone else backed down. the only attack has been against me, assuming you're a mediator, what are you doing to stop it? Our team stinks and we need recruits that are dogs...we currently dont have that. We have doodoo!!!
This board has been testy at times, and we are all here for passionate, lively discussion. However, you are just being antagonistic. Are you the same person who started the FIRE SHAWN CLARK Twitter account? Because you act and write like that person, and they got kicked off Twitter, so maybe this isn’t the way to go about things.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:29 am

I really don't understand "fans" who stop attending, watching or contributing because of some struggles. All that does is compound the issues. I do understand being disappointed. I don't agree with all the criticisms but I think most just want to return to dominance. I want the same thing. The only difference is that, I believe that will happen. In 2004, we couldn't stop a passing game to save our lives and we lost "track meet" games against UTC and WCU. Those same CBs took us to a NC in 2005. Don't know if these guys can turn it around or if we use the portal, or make other changes. I do know that, nobody on this board wants to win more than Shawn Clark. We aren't finished yet.

Go Apps!

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:31 am

teller wrote:
appst89 wrote:
Some of us on here give each other crap over a lot of things and we disagree on just as many, but we don't act like antagonistic pricks telling everyone who we are and beating our cheats like we are going to meet outside the school house and fight. Everyone else isn't backing down, everyone else is taking the mile high ground and not stopping to your schoolyard antics.

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:33 am

MrCraig wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:17 am
Tru2ASU wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:08 am
We said that last year too…
Yeh there's a fine line between knee jerk overreaction after 1 loss or 1 subpar year on one end, and the slow gradual onset and acceptance of mediocrity as the new standard at the other end of the spectrum. 1 year is a setback/off year, 2 years is a concerning trend, 3 consecutive years would be a new baseline and time for us to make changes.

Our standard should be conference championships. Always. Anything short of that is short of the goal. 7-5 and a low level bowl is a dream season for some but a failure for App St.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:46 am

teller wrote:
appst89 wrote:
I am very lenient. Don’t push it.

ukappfan

Unread post by ukappfan » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:54 am

Chase is the best passer we have had in a while. He can make some great throws. The offense can make great plays, but they rotations don’t make much sense. I am just a fan and don’t know much though. The defense has been out weak spot. The cbs just can’t keep up this year and we can’t get pressure.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:14 am

I have heard from several former players the past few days , mainly venting as we are doing here , but in positions to give perhaps more meaningful insight.In my opinion anyway.Some of these guys played with SC ,others before his time , some while he was on staff .All maintain a close relationship with the program and want him to be successful.In short they all basically agree that we have underperformed based on the "athletes" or "talent" that we have on the field relative to the opposition, and there are really no excuses for the three conference losses other than "poor preparation" leading to "poor execution".Some question intensity and toughness as well as the effect of all the early season hype.All are concerned about the trajectory of the program.While I enjoy the banter here , for the most part,these people see the game from a different perspective and they all say , all , that the coaches have to do a better job -all year round.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:54 am

2013 we were 4-8. In 8 years we had 3 head coaches. 1 bad yeardoes not make a downward trajectory. Quite a few fans have forgotten how to handle losing. A first year HC who has the weight of our success on his shoulders has some work to do and learning.
We sure miss Ponce I will say.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:01 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:54 am
2013 we were 4-8. In 8 years we had 3 head coaches. 1 bad yeardoes not make a downward trajectory. Quite a few fans have forgotten how to handle losing. A first year HC who has the weight of our success on his shoulders has some work to do and learning.
We sure miss Ponce I will say.
If you have a three year period where you add more losses with each passing year what do you call it? It's typically called a downward trend. He isn't a first year head coach. He is a third year head coach. The excuse making is getting to a different level at this point. Some threads people are reaching for any excuse they can doe the coaches, other threads people are outright disrespecting and mocking people for voicing their concerns. I may just have to bow out of these threads at this point.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:53 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:35 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:28 am
I don't like your posting persona on this board. You obviously don't like me.

You entirely took a statement of hypothetical words like possibly could be or could be doing and either misinterpreted them as someone making a flat out claim or you just like to stir up s*** and be an a******.

So if you don't like my posts just ignore them. I'm going to ignore every post that you write going forward.
Sorry you’re still upset about the economics discussion. This isn’t a persona, this is a place for debate and sharing thoughts. Some times people disagree and should explain why. I do that.

Your words:

“The only thing to be sore about is that It's looking as though James Madison is going to be doing the move up better than we did and better and the Willie Fritz Georgia Southern first-year team.”

I disagree with that statement and provided a reason why. This for some reason has upset you.

If you don’t like people with a different opinion that can express why. Feel free to put me on ignore, because that isn’t changing.

Yosef1986

Unread post by Yosef1986 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:35 pm

teller wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:33 am
The ultimate question for EVERYONE to ponder ... As others have stated .......... are we now a mediocre team or become a mediocre program? TA&M (1-5) (3-6) is the absolute trash of the SEC so that dub is out that door. UNC while trending in the ACC is a WIN to APP and loss to ND.... Clemson lost to ND and Marshall win vs ND was considered a "legit win" & "strength of conference". Guess our game in Huntington this weekend will tell more about the topic in question, are we a mediocre team or become a mediocre program? Let's go keyboard warriors, it's clear you know who I am, who are you? 9842386301, let me hear you & your opinion loud and proud. LFG Babyyyyyy!!!!!!
I do not consider APP a Mediocre program/team. We are a really really good program that has hit a few "bumps" in the road. We at APP have the support of the entire university. The "bumps" are new for us. I have faith we will rebound. Underperforming and being mediocre are two different subjects. If APP continues down this path for 3 to 5 years, we start loosing quality coaches and players in the transfer postal - then maybe we could be mediocre. I am not willing to right off the program after 1 year. Do changes need to be made? Sure - even if we have a very solid season - there is no harm in self reflection and assessing the overall product.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”