Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

It's time guys...Clark must go

ASUTodd
School: Appalachian State

Re: It's time guys...Clark must go

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:09 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:55 am
8993 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:46 am
Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:05 am
yosef69 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:57 am
appstatealum wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:53 am

As I have said before, I didn't want to believe it when I started hearing those things last year, but it made me pay attention and it was abundantly clear this year. I, for one, need to apologize to Ponce. I put alot of blame on him, and much of it was well deserved, but not as much as I had piled on him
Feels like all the offense dislikes Clark at this point.

Cam for certain, you have an OLs parent on 247 talking, then two offensive App HOFers tweeting about needing changes. Something is up and it ain’t good.
Are you in high school? You’ve more than made your point. You are just stirring the pot now.
To be fair, you’ve been taking shots at everybody who you don’t agree with, which is also stirring the pot. This is an open forum where you’re free to do that, but just as you’re free to do that, anybody else is allowed to share their opinion or relevant information.

In all honesty, discussing what notable App figures are saying about this situation on social media or in other spaces is far from stirring the pot. That’s good stuff to know, as that means the bleed is external and we need to figure out how to address it internally. Once the team (this could be the actual team, the fanbase, the donors, whoever) lose faith in leadership, we’ve got major problems.
I’ve been taking shots at him
Mostly. Because all year he’s done nothing but trash the team and coaches. Go back and look if you don’t believe me. I read posts on here I don’t agree with but for the most part, the folks making them are backing up their positions. And to that I have no problems. But if your only theme is “we suck” “fire everyone” i got no time for it. If you can elaborate at all on that from an X’s and O’s standpoint which some on here do I like being educated. I’ve tried to take a somewhat optimistic approach overall when it comes to the current state of affairs but I know that’s not really a fashionable take these days
No, you take shots at anyone who remotely questions the staff. Then your band of merry men joins in (although a bit quieter at the moment). You have become an online bully....much like some of the nutjobs out there on the streets you shout down any opposition to your thought process.

Unread post by 8993 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:12 am

Seattleapp wrote:
8993 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:53 am

As I have said before, I didn't want to believe it when I started hearing those things last year, but it made me pay attention and it was abundantly clear this year. I, for one, need to apologize to Ponce. I put alot of blame on him, and much of it was well deserved, but not as much as I had piled on him

Cam for certain, you have an OLs parent on 247 talking, then two offensive App HOFers tweeting about needing changes. Something is up and it ain’t good.
Are you in high school? You’ve more than made your point. You are just stirring the pot now.
To be fair, you’ve been taking shots at everybody who you don’t agree with, which is also stirring the pot. This is an open forum where you’re free to do that, but just as you’re free to do that, anybody else is allowed to share their opinion or relevant information.

In all honesty, discussing what notable App figures are saying about this situation on social media or in other spaces is far from stirring the pot. That’s good stuff to know, as that means the bleed is external and we need to figure out how to address it internally. Once the team (this could be the actual team, the fanbase, the donors, whoever) lose faith in leadership, we’ve got major problems.
Mostly. Because all year he’s done nothing but trash the team and coaches. Go back and look if you don’t believe me. I read posts on here I don’t agree with but for the most part, the folks making them are backing up their positions. And to that I have no problems. But if your only theme is “we suck” “fire everyone” i got no time for it. If you can elaborate at all on that from an X’s and O’s standpoint which some on here do I like being educated. I’ve tried to take a somewhat optimistic approach overall when it comes to the current state of affairs but I know that’s not really a fashionable take these days
Whether it is fashionable or not doesn’t really matter. Believe what you believe! I think it’s admirable that you stand so firmly on this take. Stand true to what you believe in and fight the fight, but just as I believe that for you, I believe that for the #FireShawnClark crew too.

At the end of the day, there’s passion in this fanbase and we ALL want to see App succeed, no matter what it takes. That also means having difficult conversations about what’s going on internally and externally, neither of which are stirring the pot. To be clear, the pot is already boiling over. Discussing what people are saying on other platforms here, in an open forum for App fans, is a good way to turn the heat down rather than just letting it get hotter and hotter. I’d rather know what’s being said than ignore it so we can assume everything will just be okay. The pot has boiled over too much for us to just put the lid on and ignore the real issues that have created a mess on the kitchen counters.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:15 am

ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:09 am
Seattleapp wrote:
8993 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
yosef69 wrote:

No, you take shots at anyone who remotely questions the staff. Then your band of merry men joins in (although a bit quieter at the moment). You have become an online bully....much like some of the nutjobs out there on the streets you shout down any opposition to your thought process.
I’ve been pretty focused on one theme. I respond to the “we suck” crowd. Other than that i am all for hearing what people say. I will say it’s ironic that I’m the bully for calling out posts that are steeped in negativity. I’m a positivity bully. Haha.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 am

I purposely avoid posting in the “Fire Coach” threads. I choose to take at least 24-48 hours before jumping in and giving my opinion.

I have to say though, seeing 7 Sun Belt teams going bowling (8 if JMU was eligible) and we are sitting at home…thats very hard to swallow.

GO APPS!!

goapps

Unread post by goapps » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:56 am

The Cullowhee Cats had a winning season and Appalachian didn't. Yikes!

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:58 am

I'm sure if we had played their schedule we'd gotten approximately 7 or 8 wins.

app97

Unread post by app97 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:06 pm

goapps wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:56 am
Slightly off topic, but I also noticed that wcu is now a national university in the latest US News, etc rankings. I know it’s because they have several medical related grad degrees (nurse anesthesis, nurse practitioner, etc) at the Asheville biltmore park building, but it feels weird. I suppose we are going to continue to position ourselves as a “premiere undergrad institution” for now although much higher student enrollment than the WCUs, UNCWs, etc who are now “national” research schools. JMU is also in the national category after being right there with us in the top regional schools in the south for many years. Maybe we will add some doctoral programs in Hickory eventually if admin even has “national” as a goal. I’m not complaining, just observing. I actually like seeing App State as a top regional school every year, although our enrollment is much higher than every school in that category.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:30 pm

app97 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:06 pm
goapps wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:56 am
Slightly off topic, but I also noticed that wcu is now a national university in the latest US News, etc rankings. I know it’s because they have several medical related grad degrees (nurse anesthesis, nurse practitioner, etc) at the Asheville biltmore park building, but it feels weird. I suppose we are going to continue to position ourselves as a “premiere undergrad institution” for now although much higher student enrollment than the WCUs, UNCWs, etc who are now “national” research schools. JMU is also in the national category after being right there with us in the top regional schools in the south for many years. Maybe we will add some doctoral programs in Hickory eventually if admin even has “national” as a goal. I’m not complaining, just observing. I actually like seeing App State as a top regional school every year, although our enrollment is much higher than every school in that category.
If App wants to make a splash into that world then yes the Hickory expansion is going to have to be successful and produce further expansion into hickory. Bring in more medical programs where students would have access to multiple hospitals in and around Catawba county. Would be nice if the BOE let us break into the Ag/Eng a bit more too as that would let us take advantage of the western NC farmlands from iredell down through Rutherfordton, Gaston and on up to Wilkes. We've got a high ceiling of potential, it just depends on whether we are allowed to reach it.

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:33 pm

Not sure how anyone doesn't feel changes are needed. CLLLLLLark is 26-13, wins 2 of every 3 games, that is not acceptable for App State Football. And some of these 26 wins are charlotte, campbell, elon, robert morris, citadel. Take away those 5 cupcakes and CLLLLLLark is 21-13. You would think after 3 seasons he would have learned SOMETHING but he continues to make some of the same decisions that repeatedly don't work. Sorry coach, if you do love App State football like we all believe you do then you will gracefully step aside.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:43 pm

appstate5 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:33 pm
Not sure how anyone doesn't feel changes are needed. CLLLLLLark is 26-13, wins 2 of every 3 games, that is not acceptable for App State Football. And some of these 26 wins are charlotte, campbell, elon, robert morris, citadel. Take away those 5 cupcakes and CLLLLLLark is 21-13. You would think after 3 seasons he would have learned SOMETHING but he continues to make some of the same decisions that repeatedly don't work. Sorry coach, if you do love App State football like we all believe you do then you will gracefully step aside.
21-13 total
FBS teams with losing records that count as wins ??? Ie... GA st., TX st, ULM, ark st, ODU... 😳😳😳.

I still want to see a plan and a concrete change in direction

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:49 pm

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:43 pm
appstate5 wrote:
21-13 total
FBS teams with losing records that count as wins ??? Ie... GA st., TX st, ULM, ark st, ODU... 😳😳😳.

1-2 vs Marshall
0-3 vs LaLa
1-2 vs coastal

asu1988

Unread post by asu1988 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:49 pm

Offense is extremely bland at times. There's no creativity. Yes, we had over 600 yards of offense and STILL lost. No excuse. We abandoned the run at the wrong time.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:53 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:49 pm
PhillyApp1 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:43 pm
appstate5 wrote:
21-13 total

1-2 vs Marshall
0-3 vs LaLa
1-2 vs coastal
2-7 against conference winners 😳😳😳😳
Add 0-1 against JMU
= 2-8 holy shit

Now I know why SC looked scared during games

asu7

Unread post by asu7 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:57 pm

I dunno about Clark … maybe too expensive this year to pull that trigger. However, everyone else should go. Jones shouldn’t have been allowed to ride the bus back. We averaged what 32 points a game? That should be good enough for good season of FBS football. Only issue is our D allowed about that too. Jones and the rest must go. If Clark can’t get rid of them then Clark should go. If he cares about the program he will fire the staff that should go.

We won 4 fbs games. 4.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:14 pm

asu7 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:57 pm
I dunno about Clark … maybe too expensive this year to pull that trigger. However, everyone else should go. Jones shouldn’t have been allowed to ride the bus back. We averaged what 32 points a game? That should be good enough for good season of FBS football. Only issue is our D allowed about that too. Jones and the rest must go. If Clark can’t get rid of them then Clark should go. If he cares about the program he will fire the staff that should go.

We won 4 fbs games. 4.
There should be many coaches that were puking last night.... as I felt like.

The numbers are Appsolutely horrible and sickening.

Please someone tell us there is ANYTHING to be positive about ...... because I can't see it

And many people call me Mr. Positive....wow

Reality hurts now

ASU85Grad

Unread post by ASU85Grad » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:50 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:28 am
Strength and conditioning seems to be lacking significantly.
That has been one of my main concerns this year. We have gotten pushed around a lot and we cannot get one yard when needed.

unknown

Unread post by unknown » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:53 pm

Clark needs better players. It's going to cost $$ but that's how you fix it

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:55 pm

Apparently we are small, slow and weak and the coaches and admin knew all this and expected this season could go in the shitter, but none of it is their fault. It’s all because of Drink, COVID and injuries. Does that pretty well sum it up?

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:03 pm

I'm not going to dump everything on Clark. Brice to me has never been as consistent at QB as Thomas was, and we're missing the likes of Hennigan, Sutton, Gaither, Hunter and Evans who were always the top names of the team the last few seasons. Peoples being hurt a lot I'm sure didn't help. Have there been boneheaded calls? Yes. (should have just kicked a FG last night instead of trying to go for it on 1) But can you blame Clark for UNC keeping Brice out of the EZ on that last minute 2-point conversion, or the failed catch the prior sequence? How many times was the QB sitting back hesitating and getting sacked instead of just saying f-it and running forward? How many times did the D look like they were trying to grab a greased pig? That's on the players.

I know as HC as with any leader you get all the glory or all the blame but there's a strong argument that the players weren't playing exactly up to snuff after the Troy game. His first year we went 9-3 and got a bowl win...that was with most of those aforementioned players. I'm sure with any argument you can justify the overall performance on the HC but I've seen enough on-field errors the past two seasons to think there is plenty of blame to go around.

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:07 pm

appst89 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:55 pm
Apparently we are small, slow and weak and the coaches and admin knew all this and expected this season could go in the shitter, but none of it is their fault. It’s all because of Drink, COVID and injuries. Does that pretty well sum it up?
Gotta keep that money train rolling and locking peeps into multi-year seat contracts.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”