Feel like kid on Christmas Eve...

AppYosef!
School: Appalachian State

Feel like kid on Christmas Eve...

Unread post by AppYosef! » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:18 am

Today I realized that I feel like I did when I was a child on Christmas Eve...excited for Christmas morning to come and see what Santa Claus had brought. Notes filled with detailed requests (and page numbers in the most recent Sears Wish Book) had been sent and I had been on my best behavior for months. This was it...the big night.

Today is the Eve of Early Signing Day and I find myself hoping that "Santa Clark" and his elves do bring all the things I've been anticipating (all our high school and transfer commitments) and that the evil Grinch doesn't somehow slip in and steal/poach them away.

I will go to bed tonight with visions of speedy Defensive Backs, massive O-Linemen, hard-hitting Linebackers, and powerful D-Linemen dancing in my head.

AND for stocking stuffers I want to get a new Defensive Coordinator, Defensive Line Coach and Offensive Line Coach too. Is that too much to ask for??

A few Surprise "Gets" in the signing would be great too.

Come on Santa...be GOOD to us this year!

AppSt94

Re: Feel like kid on Christmas Eve...

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:42 am

Tomorrow should be an exciting day. National Signing Day is for High School only. Transfers aren’t locked in until they are on campus and sign their grant paperwork. Buckle that chin strap tight cause it’s going to get crazy.

BayouApp

Unread post by BayouApp » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:39 am

AppYosef! wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:18 am
Today I realized that I feel like I did when I was a child on Christmas Eve...excited for Christmas morning to come and see what Santa Claus had brought. Notes filled with detailed requests (and page numbers in the most recent Sears Wish Book) had been sent and I had been on my best behavior for months. This was it...the big night.

Today is the Eve of Early Signing Day and I find myself hoping that "Santa Clark" and his elves do bring all the things I've been anticipating (all our high school and transfer commitments) and that the evil Grinch doesn't somehow slip in and steal/poach them away.

I will go to bed tonight with visions of speedy Defensive Backs, massive O-Linemen, hard-hitting Linebackers, and powerful D-Linemen dancing in my head.

AND for stocking stuffers I want to get a new Defensive Coordinator, Defensive Line Coach and Offensive Line Coach too. Is that too much to ask for??

No coal and carrots! We've not been naughty fans, have we?

AppYosef!

Unread post by AppYosef! » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:05 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:42 am
Tomorrow should be an exciting day. National Signing Day is for High School only. Transfers aren’t locked in until they are on campus and sign their grant paperwork. Buckle that chin strap tight cause it’s going to get crazy.
Thanks for the info on the transfers. I did not realize that the transfers were not included tomorrow.
I am excited at the potential of our high school players the coaching staff has assembled.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:41 pm

There is a Yosef Club email sent out today and you can sign up to be a part of a ZOOM call with Head Coach and others to talk about signing class at 7 PM tomorrow (WED). Thought the idea sounded pretty neat so I signed up to participate.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:04 pm

There is one on ESPN+ tomorrow afternoon with David Ware from 24/7 and Watts. Starts at 4:00 pm.

'75App

Unread post by '75App » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:20 pm

AppYosef! wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:18 am

I want some of the Egg Nog you've been drinking!

GO APPS!

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:21 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:04 pm
There is one on ESPN+ tomorrow afternoon with David Ware from 24/7 and Watts. Starts at 4:00 pm.
If you watch this, you better like listening to Ware talk.. because he won't stop reading novels when asking a question and allow Watts to answer.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:29 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:21 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
If you watch this, you better like listening to Ware talk.. because he won't stop reading novels when asking a question and allow Watts to answer.
Haha. David is deliberate when setting up his questions to get the answers that he is looking for. Like him or not, he is the only one that we have.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:41 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:29 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
Haha. David is deliberate when setting up his questions to get the answers that he is looking for. Like him or not, he is the only one that we have.
No, he's not deliberate. He just likes to hear himself try to sound smart. Nobody enjoys being interviewed by him. There's a reason he gets short answers most of the time.
tAPPedInSports.net

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:49 pm

No need for a personal attack on David Ware. Long-winded, yes. But he’s vastly more knowledgeable about App State football recruiting than any other person not connected to the coaching staff.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:49 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
Didnt get the last email for November Zoom.
Didnt get this one either. Bummer

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:50 pm

311neers wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:49 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
Didnt get the last email for November Zoom.
Didnt get this one either. Bummer
Call the office. FWIW, I haven't received any emails either.
tAPPedInSports.net

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:53 pm

AppGrad78 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:49 pm
No need for a personal attack on David Ware. Long-winded, yes. But he’s vastly more knowledgeable about App State football recruiting than any other person not connected to the coaching staff.
To be fair, most of his knowledge comes from Moose... so, maybe second most connected?

And I didn't personally attack him. I simply said he talks to much in attempt to sound smart and makes it unbearable to listen to any kind of press conference. There's a reason the most viewed press conference on Facebook this year was the week Ware wasn't there... Clark even made reference to it.
tAPPedInSports.net

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:29 pm

Steve Behr once told me that he didn't mind asking simple questions and sounding dumb because they would elicit good answers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”